December '17 highlights.

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
04 Dec 2017 14:44 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
December '17 highlights. was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
So yeah…. Another December gone… and some interesting developments to be sure.

Friday Fun Stuff-
Demons and moar demons… And most of Travance tells the Daemon Lords “Thank but no thank you…”
A dubious highlight- dealing with a recovering from overdosed-on-alchemy Argyle. Results of all this drug and alchemy stuff is going to be a thing if some marshals have there way. So I am looking to get some IC versions of what will essentially be Narcan. *evil grin*

Saturday stuff-
Morning explorations….
Mini Healer/Priest Mod. Brian, that was first rate…
First Battle of the Legionaire- Seeing Travance respond to a charismatic commander was priceless. Even more was having ideas for response and info gathering be taken then implemented… even more so. Well Done Erik
Coming up behind a line of demons fighting Travance and holyword-banish them. I thought I had only got like ten of them…. Then Jason Marin tells me I got all (30!!) of them, essentially doing aTMK- Total Mod Kill. Granted, the reprieve only lasted thirty seconds… but WORTH IT!

Feast- The Baron wanted short benediction. It helps his speech helped me find what was needed to be said when I gave it. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
AS for the food….. Hot Damn!!

Main Mod stuff…. Several things happened here, between the demon shield man and I charging each other and a clash of shields forcing a tumble of him (and a kicked knee on me). Boy that smarted…
Men of Brazen leading the way to the main site….
…. And I wound up fighting alongside the Paladin/Paladin Lite Squad this go. Many a demon got deaded…

Funny bit- swinging lightning damage and then have a demon hit me for ice.
Lore Demon identifies it as an ice demon. “Hold still, I got something for you…”
Draw out Balance and its flame-y goodness then beat him with it….

Post Main Announcement-
I believe I heard “You knew” or “You guys knew” from fifteen different people after he finished his questions.

Sunday Teaching-
To my students of traditional skills… and the counseling given, I hope everything imparted to you serves ye well.

I know I am forgetting to add some stuff… but I’m *still* tired.

For those interested in the NYE party at my residence, please contact me via the Forum or Facebook Messenger. I will be needing your names for the front gate as I live in a gated community so knowing who is coming/driving is fairly important.

Tori should be putting the overall event info up soon and when she does, I will add directions and details.
Until New Years Eve and or Banquet, See you when I see you!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
04 Dec 2017 16:33 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic December '17 highlights.
"SOMETHING'S GETTIN A KICKING! SOMETHING'S GETTIN' A KICKING! SOMETHING'S GETTIN' A KICKING, AND IT MIGHT JUST BE ME!"

"Praise th' gods! A TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT!"

"Why don't we just make some big cannons, lure werewolves in front o' them and fire them at the moon?"

All the fights I had no business in.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
04 Dec 2017 16:49 #3 by Andrew Greyscar (Mtollis)
Replied by Andrew Greyscar (Mtollis) on topic December '17 highlights.
Overall a good event.
I am so glad I made an alchemist for when I am playing non combat.
I was the green headband guy in the beige trench coat.
Role played making potions for probably a couple hours at the inn, and got to do a good bit of trading, made some gold too.

Highlights:
-My NPC shift I was a hunter being mind controlled by a Psionisist.
The mod was set aside for non combat characters and was actually very entertaining and funny.
-Using my invisibility potions to go to a mod unseen and swoop in when people went down and needed healed, then getting one-hit and needing healed myself.
-Meeting a few new people and having an in game drink and conversation with them.
-The alchemist guild meeting.

I can't wait for my hand to fully recover (It will be cleared late january) so that I can go on all the combat mods.

Andrew Greyscar (Master Florentine Swashbuckler)
Oliver Greenbottle (Alchemist)
OOG: Michael Tollis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ferrian Tyrell (aBraveMudkip)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Dec 2017 18:04 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic December '17 highlights.
So many weird moments. Being warm enough. Not forgetting or lacking important pieces of character garb. Having so much to do that I got a reasonable amount of sleep both nights. Both of my characters increasing in depth and voice.

Starting off the first annual Reclamation Day parade with a rag-tag bunch of townsmembers. Sylus Crone telling us it wasn't a true march without a drummer and us improvising with one person's sword banging on someone else's shield. We'd then run into demons--the timing of it all--and were outnumbered, but then saved by the Kormyrian army. It was almost like it was scripted. Marching toward the Inn, looking over my shoulder and seeing a handful of flags waving enthusiastically--especially Magnus--was a sight.

Running around mid-afternoon Saturday during that big fight with the flag. Reno telling Nalick how inspired she felt seeing it waving. The Baron found it inappropriate, though; he said not only should Nalick be waving the Travancian standard, but that His Majesty might disapprove of the flying of that flag without permission. Accidental foreshadowing?

Flavoring my 'Intercept' of the Banishment that was coming straight toward Kardin keeping up an Abyssal barrier by glomping him. Getting spat out of the portal, someone shouting "Nalick, you have to stop going in there!" and shouting back "No!" before pounding the rocks back inside.

Chet and Ferrian keeping an eye on that "Charles Lively" character on Friday night and then when Sunday rolled around, putting the finishing touches on our upstart bakery. Spicy muffins coming soon to a Barony near you!

Tollin practically being the bartender in the Inn on Saturday night after the announcement. Nalick being a little too eager to join in the fun. Hilarity ensuing. Almost making Liam hack up a lung from laughing so hard. Again.

Nalick getting his two pence in with the Count in a private meeting. The Count being taken aback at one point when Nalick was blunt about a certain former noble.

Overall, finally feeling more confident fighting with a staff.

Shout out to Anna C./Lira for being such a great verbal sparring partner!

Waking up Sunday morning after a good night's sleep, getting to the Inn on time for breakfast, and just having this gung-ho energy while playing Chet. That boy hit the ground running. Krystoff can attest. ;)

Quite the season finale. It might actually be my fault. A couple weeks ago, I told my friends how cool it would be if we got some Kormyrian plot.

Oops.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Burkhart Jarlson
  • A precious object without the strength to protect it is easily taken. Strength without something to protect is easily wasted.
  • Thank Yous: 107
05 Dec 2017 11:08 #5 by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma)
Replied by Burkhart Jarlson (steel_enigma) on topic December '17 highlights.
I've just gotta say, I was only there for saturday this event but this was without a doubt one of the best events I've been to in a long time.

The plot was great, the idea that our choices had weight to them, and I absolutely loved not just the multiple main mods that made the event feel as though the plot was trying to kill us throughout, but just everything about it.

I have to give a shoutout to my shield wall during the first assault on the Inn. You guys held it together and didn't let a single demon pass. Even when they came at you shield wall to shield wall.

I meant to leave camp at midnight. I didn't leave until 4 am. This should say something about the fun I was having.

Ben Herman, you... you scary bro. In the best way possible. I loved getting kidnapped by your NPC's and that dark room with the huntress.... well damn. That was one of the best, most atmospheric scenes i've been in in a log time.

This was by far one of the best events I've had in a LONG time, and it's owed in no small part to the people running it.

_________________________________________________________________________________
OOG: Josh Leib

Main:
Burkhart Jarlson
Son of the Heargen Clan
Blood of the Dragoons
Shaman of the North

Alt:
Fen the Fun Faun
Musical Satyr
Available for Bars, Parties, Shows, and Personal Concerts
Accepts Gold, Gems, Ale, and kisses from beautiful women (just don't tell my wife)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
05 Dec 2017 12:33 #6 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic December '17 highlights.
I haven't done one of these in a while. This was definitely the event of working with people Lois doesn't typically work with, and I really enjoyed that aspect. In no particular order:

First off, super kudos to Gene & Kirsten! They told us we had a choice, and they stuck to that. I know it's not easy to plan for multiple possible outcomes in a game where props, npcs, etc. have to be created ahead of time, so I - and I'm sure many others - really appreciate the extra work you two & your team put in to make sure there was something ready for whichever direction the PCs chose to go.

POOR PROFESSOR HAND!!! Although Lois did get a new (old?) hair accessory out of it, at least :P

Putting Belegchand's mirror trick to good use, and working with Magnus in the wee hours of Saturday morning - when smartypants and punchyface work together, what can't they accomplish?

I'VE GOT A JAR OF DIII~~~IIIIRT

Getting to ritual at things with Blue Kestral! Yay new ritual buddy! Let's see what other nonsense we can mash together in the future ^_^

Stone King Avalon remains one of my favorite NPCs ever. Late night in the AG, during an explanation of the game "Get Down, Your Excellency!", Gabriel said that he was one of the few people who could knock over Avalon. Avalon, from the back of the room, just rumbles "I would... like... to see you... tryyyy."

Kardin! Because [redacted] ;-)

The box ritual to use the legionnaire power had to be named, because of how George works. Its name, for anyone there who missed it, was "Ha ha, I got there first, Van Kainen" :P

After the Count's announcement, Bob stalked up to Lois, and just shouted "You were right, I was wrong!" Sweeter words have never been spoken ;-)

"HE WAS 14!"

I got to be proud of Lois, for once. She got to look a demon in the eye and say with no hesitation or uncertainty that the well-being of Travance was more important than her personal vengeance, and she would not make a deal. Thanks, Gene, for giving her that opportunity :)

And Kroh. Just... Kroh. Everything with Kroh. I look forward to the next lesson ;-)

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Kestrel (Kestrel)
05 Dec 2017 17:49 - 05 Dec 2017 17:50 #7 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic December '17 highlights.
I hope everyone was thoroughly entertained. From the lead-up (previous event), in-between event actions and December's Mayhem.
This was a first for me with playing a major NPC "Bad Guy". I think I was able to run you through the Gambit of emotions from happiness to hatred to sadness, etc...
As for main mod fighting trying to live up to a combat monster that was stronger than Xualla and Balfurious was not easy. Hopefully I / we were able to give you an entertaining fight.
The final death scene was emotionally draining and touching, hopefully you were able to see it.

If you have comment positive or negative please let me know so I can be a better character.

On a side note, if you have never done it before it can be brutal. Not for the beatdown aspect (which can be rough) but for all the skills thrown in your direction.
It doesn't matter how well one knows the rules, between the sheer volume of skills (lower & greater) and some wierd things thrown at you trying to keep the fighting going can be daunting. I appreciate the players creativity and in-game brutality during the fight.

Thank You

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
Last edit: 05 Dec 2017 17:50 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel)
05 Dec 2017 17:55 #8 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic December '17 highlights.

Edmund Patterson wrote: I hope everyone was thoroughly entertained. From the lead-up (previous event), in-between event actions and December's Mayhem.
This was a first for me with playing a major NPC "Bad Guy". I think I was able to run you through the Gambit of emotions from happiness to hatred to sadness, etc...
As for main mod fighting trying to live up to a combat monster that was stronger than Xualla and Balfurious was not easy. Hopefully I / we were able to give you an entertaining fight.
The final death scene was emotionally draining and touching, hopefully you were able to see it.

If you have comment positive or negative please let me know so I can be a better character.

On a side note, if you have never been a main bad guy / punching bag before especially at the climax of main mode it can be brutal. Not for the beatdown aspect (which can be rough) but for all the skills thrown in your direction.
It doesn't matter how well one knows the rules, between the sheer volume of skills (lower & greater) and some wierd things thrown at you (at once) trying to keep the fighting going can be daunting. I appreciate the players creativity and in-game brutality during the fight.

Thank You and Good Night.

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 Dec 2017 01:30 #9 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic December '17 highlights.
Had a blast marshaling and getting to work with a bunch of different players and marshals, i hope a fun time was had by all.

Thank you for those who helped me out on Friday, much love <3

My NPCs on first shift, you guys nailed it, rabies is scary.

Werewolf ambush was wonderfully fun, and awful at the same time, thank you Gannon and crew.

As a side note, any research questions about the Werewolf encounter on Friday night, and the "rabies" encounters, please PM me, or hit me up on FB chat.

See you all at whatever the next KR thing is!

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Imrahil (Brendan Barrett), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
07 Dec 2017 12:13 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic December '17 highlights.
Everything.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Atrus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 Dec 2017 19:32 #11 by Atrus (Atrus)
Replied by Atrus (Atrus) on topic December '17 highlights.
Follow up.

Saturday's Ben Herman mod, getting to co-marshal with Ben and Hannah was awesome, was very impressed with a number of RP moments in there, special shout out to Jack.

Psion/Hunter stuff that Randy did.

Getting beat up by Chris Desrocher's little girl was highlight, i was already so sore that she literally almost dropped me oog lol, nauseatingly adorable.

Liz's hunter mod.

Messing with reclamation day parade, watching Victoria come booking it out of nowhere with some flags under her arms- myself and the other marshal died laughing, 10/10 would send imp out again, best imp hands down.

Potatoes.

Getting to catch up with some old friends.

That's all i got for now.

~Atrus
"Only those who have endured the greatest suffering can become the greatest people."

John
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds