20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
08 Apr 2018 22:26 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018 was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Happy 20th Anniversary, James! I hope people see the poetry in the event occurring while the rules are under reconstruction and the staff/marshal hierarchy is in flux. 20 years in, still improving.

In past events, I've called the effect on either of my characters "being struck by the caravan of character development." After this event, I have no idea what to label it.

Getting mocked by Swyft and running up the path to see if it was true.

Surprise, it's your goddess in full plate mail and battle scars. Dumbfounded is an understatement.

Later on, sitting right next to her as she explains to someone else the different versions of love. A brief pause and confiding in her how scared and worried you were when she took on an attack by Necrophitus. She pulls you onto her shoulder and while comforting you, not only inadvertently gives you a rallying cry, says something in English that you OOG translated into Latin two weeks before for use when casting Her prayers.

Kaiva bringing Swyft over to Andorra and the scene between Swyft and Andorra. Forces of nature, in-game and out. Maria and Renee, y'all are inspirations.

Angel hugging Nalick; Nalick using his Minor Illusion cantrip to make angelic wings surround her.

Slow-dancing with Eryn on the food line at feast and releasing a 10-foot AoE of diabetes to everyone around. Cue classic Nalick blush.

Cara handing Chet a knight (horse) chess piece and then Chet lying on the floor with laughter.

Sunday, Chet being asked to quiet down while talking to friends so the crowd around Cennius can hear properly.

"You're making the mistake of assuming I give a ___ what a lich has to say."

He went on a roll for a good ten minutes with rants and jokes.

Chet and Caldor became even better friends.

Amizar and Chet improve their sales pitch for their organization. Paul, it's always a blast RPing with you, sometimes literally!

May will be my own KR Anniversary. Five years ago that month. I don't have words right now but I will soon. See you then.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Amizar (Amizar), Angeliana (Angeliana), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
08 Apr 2018 23:08 #2 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
As much as I'd like to add a witty comment or funny title for this set of highlights, I really don't think that'd do it justice. Instead, before I list my highlights, I wanna thank everyone I can.

First off, Steve, I have no clue how you pulled this event off, but everything just felt right. The casting for plot NPCs was perfect (as well as costuming), the props and ambient music were really immersive, and the rotating ward mechanic for dealing with the Deck was genius, impeccably logical from an IG perspective, and made the mod that much more challenging.

And then there's the champion patrons. You guys were amazingly interactive, and the ability to portray your personality very well in these very attention grabbing yet beautiful sets of garb made seeing any of you, even from a distance, feel awe-inspiring, intimidating and off putting all at once.

While I'm talking about costuming and amazing RP it's worth mentioning that I couldn't so much as breathe without hitting some amazing role play. You guys were ready to face the end of the world and it showed.

And most importantly, Ree. You whipped up an amazing feast for double the number of people you expected and STILL managed to get seconds and thirds for as many people as possible. That Udon and brisket were fantastic, and cheesy potatoes have become my new favorite form of potatoes.

Anyway, compared to all that my highlights are kinda short, so in no particular order:

- Marcus trying to get what he wanted most and instead becoming one with nature.

- Posing wildly at people as a statue on the Inn steps.

- Master Deck mod, and the implications of having multiple decks in Travance.

- Seeing Steve as Galmachis for the first time.

- Ritualist role play, and discussing the true meaning of protection and armor with various people.

- Bumping into Nalick and figuring out how he's doing. Finding his negative answers concerning and his positive answers more concerning

- Finding out that people like the look of Terzak's new garb! I was really excited to crack out the professing attire and I'm so happy people enjoy it!

- Tapping on people's shoulders as if they were doors as sentient chaos chests. Watching someone sprint away with one to Logistics from Ostcliff.

I'll add more once I'm awake. Thank you to each and every one of you for making this event as jaw-dropping as it was!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
09 Apr 2018 12:10 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
this one actually made me a bit nervous, as I've never done anything makeup based before. but people helped me, so it turned out. Now I need to learn how to do some of this. if anyone has pictures of my champion makeup, I'd love to see one.

this being said, the MacFhionnlaigh Family (Ceana-Daughter, Hazel-Wife, and Donny-Husband) made their appearance. there will be more. the fields were chaos as family fought alongside the town, and dad was having a collective aneurysm with all the shenanigans, as well as having shenanigans of his own. But when DOESN'T he start shenanigans?

Meeting Aguara was interesting. Learning her tenets straight from the source was interesting. Telling her "Have a nice day" was priceless. As for Andorra, Gaia and the like, being asked to guard was an honor, and the discussions.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
09 Apr 2018 13:50 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
It was an event…. On many different levels.

Going into this event weekend, there was much angst and nerves about where weather was concerned; I hadn’t winter-tented in a very long time and using the Camp Tents was a semi concern due to the predicted weather….

Which, thankfully, changed almost LAST SECOND to make staying in them a bit more bearable. That I found out Saturday night my sleeping bag needs replacing due to LACK of warmth… Well the blasted thing really owes me nothing (its 12 years old….  )

But nerves over the weather was only part of it. A week before, a friend and long time player of this larp- Conrad Santini- passed away as a result of a very horrible accident and a memorial was set up for Saturday Night. An In Character/Out Of Character one… and it would fall to me to conduct it as it was an IC Brazen Mass for the Departed… and a Celebration of a Good Man’s Life for those there for OOC reasons.

A heavy burden for sure- I desperately wanted to get it right and be appropriate. A pyre was not my idea- it was another’s and James very graciously agreed to it (Conrad was an old friend to him too…) but how to do it was what I was worried about.

I can honestly say that inspiration on how to conduct it came Friday morning prior to coming to game…. Then concern over my keeping it together to do this was a real worry for me. Suffice it to say…. I managed and in the process of everything, I came up with something that is now Brazen Canon for the future should a Funeral Mass be needed for IC reasons.

And I know Conrad is looking down in approval… and that I continue to get His Creation right as its story continues to grow.

Game stuff Friday-
-Blood Spirits Working with the Guard for the battle against The Thing… and our efforts being among the best coordinated. That the beast dropped under OUR blades…. I don’t care if OOC it was simply a matter of timing and whatnot.
Bottom line is it dropped when WE were beating on it.
- Return of rarely seen Spirits to Game.
- Secret Squirrel stuff
- Ravyn shenanigans.
-Seeing Old School Argyle. Forest, was nice seeing you as how you looked when you first came to game. Had I known, I’d have matched you.

Saturday Morning-
-Breakfast over a fire along with fireside chats.
Saturday Evening (after returning from the real funeral)
-Learning about someone iceskating uphill again and how it nearly cost Andorra her existence…. The discussion that occurred over it between myself and a few people- older players mostly, was damn good. By the 12 gods, there needs to be In Game repercussions for that Act for SO MANY REASONS.

-Feast was excellent and the return of Cheezy Potatoes… was loved immensely.
-Coordination of Spirits and Guard for the second time… We were a well organized group and in the hiking around camp, our merry band picked up more than a few stragglers.

-Funeral Mass. Strange highlight…. But it is one for many reasons.
-more Ravyn shenanigans.

Sunday Morning-
-Just one absolute highlight…. And that highlight’s name is Hilda.

Packing up went smoothly and the ride home was good.

(from the Brazen Mass for the Dead, conducted Saturday Night; each TING was a hammer on an anvil and that sound carried well in the night air. It didn't go exactly like this though it was supposed to. Close enough based on memory)

(TING)
One Ring for the Friend…. Beloved by many here and not
(TING)
One Ring for the Brother… Brother in Spirit, Brother in Faith, Brother in Blood.
(TING)
One ring for the Mentor… Counseling when needed, example in others
(TING)
One ring for the Teacher… Showing you how to Get It Right and what to do when it Doesn’t Go Right
(TING)
And one final Ring… to Bid him Safe Passage and send him on his Journey to the Forge Father’s Side.

Be At Peace, and we will meet again when The Time Comes.

Be safe everyone, remember to tell your loved ones that you love them and I will see some of you in May.

-John

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Brian T. (Renthios), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm), Ergos (arieslink), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Django
  • Thank Yous: 47
09 Apr 2018 20:00 #5 by Django (Topgunwov)
Replied by Django (Topgunwov) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
After 5 straight days of KR (while hopping in and out for personal reasons) I'm still feeling pumped up from all that happened, never done a highlight recap but i'll try to recall what i can remember

Getting in late on Wednesday evening as a plucky young adventurer eager to learn only to find half the school surrounding Osren (rin?) in a state of madness (wrong PLACE, wrong TIME, and DIDN'T DO THE READING HW)

Being as chipper and helpful as humanly possible while doing evening assignments to vanquish evil within the grounds and learn about magic (AM I THE ONLY ONE OF YOU CYNICAL EMO TEEN JERKS WHO'S ACTUALLY ENJOYING HIS LEARNING EXPERIENCE AT A WHIMSICAL MAGIC SCHOOL?!?!)

Getting good roleplay moments in while taking notes on every lesson and every event happening at the school, awesome job to anyone who interacted with the journal over the week/weekend portion, if i leave something in-game like that lying around, chances are there's a purpose to it

James, amazing job on the Secret of Power lesson, I was really impressed you were able to make a lecture like that last that long and make it seem like a realistic classroom setting.

Playing a character who is so much different from how I play Django was somewhat of a challenge, one that I enjoyed thoroughly, and I'm really gonna miss Roland. But how his story concluded was beyond fantastic, Thank you to Drew, Ben, and anyone else who helped along with the journey he took and even in his melancholy final moments, It really made the weekend that much more impactful, and allowed a LOT of character development for Django.

On to the Weekend Portion-

Was gone for a sizeable chunk of Friday, but returned to some very fun but insightful moments with Marcus, Moostrav, and others (still figuring out how to pronouce "TheVeryArtist"'s name XD)

eating a big plate of spaghetti smack dab in the center of the inn with the biggest shit-eating grin on my face (I CAN'T LAY THE KILLING BLOW ON NECROPHITUS IN-GAME, BUT WITH THIS MEMERY I HAVE SLAIN NECROPASTA ON AN OUT OF GAME LEVEL)

Django got a BIG level up from the Body/Build modifications from the recent rules change, and while it's been a slow adjustment, for the first time in a long while combat feels a lot more fluid for me now, I feel like I can take on bigger threats without having to be so afraid (a little fear is still there, which is good, but I was even able to land a sizeable hit on the GodEater before retreating back to support the rear lines, which certainly marks a milestone in terms of what i've accomplished with mods)

The Gods were done spectacularly, many were just how I pictured they'd be, and some of the creative choices were brilliantly executed, bravo both to the performers AND to the costume team on a fantastic job, It gave the weekend that much more weight to see such powerful beings walking amongst us, and not only the gods but veteran players returning for the fight and other supremely powerful beings on par with godhood. The fact that so many players were able to be affected by such emotion-driven RP and seeing people take so many chances to perform as their characters in new and exciting ways was a thrill. As a classically trained actor of nearly two decades of experience, seeing the level of commitment to the character driven improvisation over these last few days has been breathtaking, well done to everyone!

Of course, I could hardly mention this weekend without speaking of the pinnacle of my own personal highlights. Before I had even come to KR, me and Chris (Rudy Stonebar) had been talking about all the cool things going on at the camp in game and all the facets of what it was like while planning out my character. While we were talking, One thing grabbed my attention more than anything else we spoke of. It was at that moment that I announced to him with full confidence "That's it. That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be the one to finally find the Sun Card." Almost a year later and Lo and Behold, Mission Accomplished. It took searching the proper every single month on camp in the blistering heat and the freezing cold and the pouring rain and the sloppy mud and the slippery ice, spending hours upon hours walking the grounds, ripping through the deep woods and the underbrush, getting lost in the back paths of the woods, but it was all worth it in the end. That moment changed my gameplay experience entirely. I don't think I've ever heard more people say Thank You and Congratulations to me ever before in my life. Now I've been hunting through the forums searching for any previous mention of the Card (not an easy task with so many years upon years of threads.) Thank you to everyone who approached me in and out of game to offer me congratulations and thank yous, I'm looking forward to future interactions in-game regarding the card and it's brethren arcana!

The Mods regarding Necrophitus's defeat and the battles surrounding it were beautifully handled, LOVED the roleplay with the Quartz Mountain and with Galladel (hope i'm spelling half these names right :P) regarding the souls of the Quartz mountain students, looking forward to seeing how THAT plot plays out in full. Loving the sort of "THE END...?" conclusion to the weekend.

Feast was, of course, exquisite. The brisket was unbelievable, the potatoes were rich and savory, the caprese salad was stupendous, and oh my god those CUPCAKES. I went up for seconds (when appropriate) and even thirds, I was in heaven with that meal, thank you so much to the kitchen staff and to the chefs for making such a memorable dinner.

I could continue on for twenty more pages, so I'll end it here, looking forward to much more roleplay in the future, and thank you again to everyone involved for making such a fantastic event!

Commodore Django, the Sunseeker
Kormyrian Navy, Captain of the K.S.S. Ironscale
Rooster of the Winged Victory
Vassal to Kaladonia

OOG: Evan Wovsaniker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Daggerfist
  • The power of ale compels me
  • Thank Yous: 29
10 Apr 2018 00:07 #6 by Daggerfist (prawnbait)
Replied by Daggerfist (prawnbait) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
I had to leave early Saturday morning due to real life but my Friday was AMAZING!

I want to give a big thank you to everyone that had a hand in organizing this event. That Friday night boss fight was BAD ASS! I never thought playing through an IRL MMO raid would be so much fun. Seeing the gods was pretty bad ass, I wish I had time to interact with them more. Hopefully I'll get the chance in a future event. Better luck next time Malyc.

I especially want to thank Matt for all the work he did with the item conversions. I don't know many people that can keep together under that kind of stress. I also want to thank the rules team in general. I'm really digging the new system and the addition of new proficiency system is amazing. I'll never complain about free bonus build and easier character management. Keep up the great work!

Also it warms my heart to see that after a few months away that Pendarvin is thriving. Seeing the new vassals really made my night. Crom (sp?) you were an amazing battle buddy, let's slay undead demons again soon!

Salvatore "Razorback" Daggerfist
Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG Greg P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth)
10 Apr 2018 00:18 #7 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
Man. 5 days. 5 days of some intense roleplay, shenanigans, and everything else.

Alt portion:

-Playing Nicolette Malagan, aka, "Nonna" was an absolutely wonderful experience. It was a fantastic change of pace for me to play such a different character that really drew on a side of my heritage I don't often get to indulge.

-Honestly, I think the looks on peoples' faces when I fed them, be it pizzelles, cookies, or the amazing meal Brian T, Renee, Nick, and I made Thursday night really was one of my biggest highlights. So many people said that the character and my/her actions reminded them so much of their real grandmothers, which was super validating and heartwarming.

-Nonna-shaming Arianna Malagan, Palenor Wizard of Warlockery, and future wife of both Telegrim and Klarington Everest. "What you mean, you no eat?" "I-I'm sorry?"

-Looking after all of the kids. Mary and Haze, Nonna's watching over your little troublemakers. Renee, I hope that every time Iryna lights that candle in Nicolette's memory, she feels a spiritual hug from her.

-Getting enthralled by Necrophitus just because I was in the room making sauce. My headcanon still stands that the real reason for his rise to power was that he finally learned the secret to Nonna's sauce.

-The well-timed bleed to allow Sergei to act through Nicolette and get a message to Therion/Phil that hopefully saved many lives. Step 1: try to rob the future liches. If that doesn't work, Step 2: save the school.

-Getting to see different sides to peoples' rp. I worried it was going to turn in to KR: Harry Potter Edition, and you guys absolutely knocked it out of the park and made it uniquely Knight Realms.

-James' lesson on Power. Very interesting discussions there. Got pretty meta at a few points. And all to the better.

Weekend:

-MORE FOOD. JymmeAnn, thank you for all of the bread products. We fed so many people with it. Brian T, I always love cooking with you, man. We really function well as a team. Damien, you, sir, are clutch with your stash of seasonings.

-Playing around with the new lists and rules. It's an interesting adventure, but I'm really pumped to see KR evolving with the times. And getting to blend old school rp and lore with new rules and abilities is a blast.

-Laura W. As Jinx and Arabeth. It's really good to see you, friend. And I foresee many shenanigans in the future for our characters.

-Speaking of shenanigans, sassing gods. And trying to mug Galladel for his belt. "Oren says it's legal to rob the gods because they're not subjects. I think we should start with Andorra. Because she'll forgive us."

-Doing Sergei things. Proving I can still keep up with and in some cases, outstamina other people, despite not being as in shape as I used to be.

-More sass mastery. Man. We were on fire this weekend. You know who you are.

-Interesting developments in Sergei's outlook on fate and gods. Character development, hoooooooo!!!!

Had a great time with folks this game. It's always the people that has kept me coming back for nearly a decade now. Y'all are lovely. Keep it up.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Dustiria (mytho2)
10 Apr 2018 15:56 #8 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
My highlights of the weekend :

Gaia.

(ok I'll have more later)

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel), Ergos (arieslink), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth)
10 Apr 2018 16:42 #9 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
Don't think I've done one of these in a while, figure this month is appropriate.

Weekday Portion
-Thank you to everyone who took the time to hang out with Willingen Stellaris, Gnome Scholar. I went into this excited for the character concept, but not sure how effective I'd be rules-wise, boy was I surprised, for reasons outlined below.
-Tom P facilitating the bleed session where William Sterling realized he had a Gnome for an ancestor. That was an awesome scene and I look forward to the future RP about it.
-Very good working partnership with Owen (Matt C). He kept me safe, I kept his stuff from breaking with a steady supply of Tempering Kits.
-Thank you Tim for taking my family idea and running with it. RP between Willingen and Colin was awesome as we talked about how old we already were and everything we'd seen.
-Lucindra entertaining this Scholar's research proposals was great, and that RP was top notch.
-I particularly enjoyed the mod in Colin's lab, I hope everyone else did too.
-That final battle though... The desperation was real, and so was the hope.
-RP with Caspian (Ben) first as Willingen talking about artifact studies, and then as William assuring him that his work will not be forgotten.
-After the changeover, the introspection as William about his ancestor and what it means for his research.
-The awesome scene late Thursday night in the main hall run by Jeff where everyone felt Malyc's presence. Pretty sure a good number of us actually thought a storm had come in outside before we realized it was coming from the speakers.

Weekend... Oh boy
-Champions of Galladel. The reactions were great. People who truly know Winks weren't surprised in the least. And thanks to Sam M my makeup was on point.
-All of the gods looked fantastic, and each of their RP was perfect.
-I actually wasn't as active during the Soul Devourer battle as I would have liked, but that thing looked awesome. Barak literally stealing my thunder when just as I was about to throw a couple of Perfect Aim Assasinates he made the damn thing explode.
-Marshal shift Saturday morning was fun, and I hope people enjoyed the couple of heroes I sent out to join the fight.
-Being given a special task by Galladel, to purify and consecrate an entire graveyard in the Chaos Wastes. Not being clergy, Winks definitely felt a little overwhelmed. But it all seemed to work out. Not to mention this exchange before the mod:
Galladel: "Give me your blade."
Winks: "Which one?"
Galladel: "The one you'll be using in this fight."
Winks: "...Which one?"
Galladel: -sigh-
Winks: "Come on, you of all people know how I fight."
Galladel: "Fine." -literally shoves his power right into my chest-
-Seeing a bunch of older players (and thus older characters) coming back throughout the weekend was awesome as well, for various reasons related to each one.
-Cementing in Winks' mind that Galladel is the Light God of Rogues, when he's the one who hooked the mod for the rogue key. Sorry, it's canon now. No one, including Drew, will ever be able to convince me otherwise.
-Feast was delicious!
-What I enjoyed about main mod was the ability to work with a bunch of people I don't normally, including a couple of newer players who were definitely awesome and I can't wait to work with them more.
-The final scene. I guess I was lucky to be near the front of the crowd when everything went down, but my biggest highlight during it was actually helping to facilitate Tim's RP as Orophin. Watching the pure emotion on his face was heartbreaking and really added to the scene.
-78 Card Pickup!

See everyone in a month!

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Hazel Storm (HazelStorm), Dustiria (mytho2)
10 Apr 2018 21:32 #10 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
So, putting things in words is hard, because I’m still reeling. Alt event was legitimately the best time I’ve had at KR in a long time, and while there were slow and low moments during the main weekend (especially bringing in a brand new character and needing to meet people) it really was a perfect return back after being gone so long.

First of all, just seeing everyone, getting all the hugs and welcome backs.

Alt event:
All my siblings! We were a great group.
The professors were fantastic, and I loved my small little moments of pride while dealing with Mistress Malagan. OOG I was sad to be actively avoiding pretty much everyone other than Necrophitis and Malagan, but the bits I saw (especially wrinkling my nose at Caspian) really really aided the atmosphere.
Sam as Ro and Marika bleeding through Ro was just fantastic.
Enjoying chilling with my brother’s summoned demons.
Being charmed by one of them.
Charani’s utter confusion and bitterness during bleeds, about how she wasn’t supposed to be here for this.
Losing my patience with all the demons, and finally just angrily stalking up to one to fear it. Being told by Ariana later that she had pointed to that as an example of what her students learn.

Main event
Charani continuing to maintain that she wasn’t supposed to be here.
Dirge shoving dossiers and the past two years of plot into Charani’s head, so that my character knew some of what I know, but ow.
Yelling with Peaches over her not being supposed to be there/it being his fault
All the beneficial surgery
All the crafting
Tobias!!! And also getting his mark of approval as a physician.
Mini crafting mods
My first rogue mod Evar!
My short talk with Alice as Aguara. Holy shit, I’m still thinking about it.
The cards mod!

So many more things!

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Liz (Liz), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
12 Apr 2018 08:51 #11 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
I've never done this before! But here we gooooo!

Alt Event-
First time NPCing the entire time and boy it was great, made alot of people laugh and fought alot of things. You guys kick ass!
Hearing Nercophitus yell graveyard and everyone rise and March was sick.

Main Weekend.

Oh boy so many things.

Arygle coming in while I'm helping my partner get his armor on and telling her to go see Andorra or else! Seeing Angelina in all her glory! Always so magnificent to see someone even more faithful then Kaiva. Talking with all the gods! Squeeee Galladel saying Hello Kaiva! Aguara breaking Kaivas arm and having a lengthy conversation with her. Gaia being so beautiful and sweet. Brazen being macho and strong. Valos actually laughing and smiling at Kaivas jokes and answering her ridiculous questions!
All the conversations with Andorra, all of them truly made my weekend. Seeing everyone so happy. Seeing my good friends Chris and Caroline was such a big highlight for me!
Getting to know people, feeling the animosity from people from Kaivas decision was super fun, and great to RP. All the hugs Kaiva gave out! Conversations with people she never speaks too! Seeing Reyna get baptized, Watching Swyft speak to and yell at Andorra, Swyft still willing to be Kaivas cleric teacher too. So many many good things. RP with Selena and Morgan. ❤️
My NPC shift was probably one of the best things ever. I got to fight and get crowded by so many people which I normally don't do as Kaiva. It was so lovely and makes me realize how much I love NPCing. Seeing joy on people's faces when I died after giving them a good fight. Being an IMP and trying to jump on the rafters with the people who were hiding, asking Klieden to hear me out before she killed me was great.
This event was for the memories that I will cherish forever. This is the best event I've ever been too and I hope there's more where that came from.

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Dustiria (mytho2), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
  • Kaiva
  • “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
  • Thank Yous: 25
12 Apr 2018 08:53 #12 by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
Replied by Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
And one more thing. That bomb food dude! Never got seconds before at feast and I did and it was so good. Also NPCing with my good friends Nate and Theo for the alt portion. ❤️

[img

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

OOG (India Jackson)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2), Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
12 Apr 2018 11:59 #13 by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris)
Replied by Jeanne Vierre (uncannychris) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
Jeanne's argument with Agaura was too fun.

J: *Walks over to her table at the Inn, sits down, stares at Agaura intently*
"I just stopped Jonas from stabbing someone because of you. I'm disappointed."
*Gets up and started to walk away*
A: "STOP." *as Jeanne turn around* "What did you just say to me?"
J: "I'm disapointed in you. Simple as that."
A: "Do you even know who I am?"
J: "Nope. I heard your some god. Don't really care."
A: *Gets up and starts walking circles around me*
"You could learn something from us."
J: "Like what? Respect?"
A: "Well yes tha-"
J: *Let's out a chortle*
"Sorry you're not going to get that from me."
A: "Wisdom. . . discretion. . . I could show you a thing or two."
J: "AH! Wisdom! Good one! Well I for one think it's wise that I, a human, stopped Jonas, another human,
from stabbing a helpless individual, yet another human, all because of some god wanting to play with toys."
*We proceed to argue over a couple things carrying on*
A: "How dare you speak to me like that!"
J: "I'm here because of you. I have to survive because of you. I've been doing great so far without you. And I don't do well being treated as a toy which you all love to do so often."
"If you excuse me I have a wife and some coffee to attend, I bid you farewell."
A: "HOLD. Do you ever want to. . . stab. . . someone? Kill someone?"
J: "Me? never."
A: "You will. and when you do. . . I will be there watching you."
J: "Gooooooodbye."

Jeanne-Vierre Desmos
Professor of Psionics - Darkwood Academy
"Golden Codpiece of Ostcliff"

OOG: Chris Garnes-Ahmed
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Midori Suarez (krykit), Dustiria (mytho2), Kaiva (Kaiva Malakai)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
12 Apr 2018 12:44 #14 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
First event with the new rules and overall I really enjoy them. Definitely some kinks to work out, but in general I think they're highly effective for making the game more fun and more fair for players across all levels and playstyles.

Week Portion:
- People freaking out when they saw me, not because I was playing a female, but because I shaved hahaha
- Getting to experience the fighty-side of PCing instead of the casty-side was fun. Would try again.
- Many different interactions with many different people playing very different characters was great; among my favorites were interacting with Alice's character Gwendolyn, Josh's character Garvello, and the few interactions I got with Nick's character Alecs, who was Annabeth's twin
- Fighting people. I know I said that but dude, actually picking up a weapon with a card that I built myself is awesome. Even though I didn't do much damage, I felt super cool playing a wall of a defensive character.

Weekend Portion:
- NPCing friday night was a time. Fought some people, got fought by people. Got a lot more familiar with the ins and outs of the rules. Good times.
- Was gonna sleep, then was dumb and did not sleep, but had a good time healing peoples until 6:30.
- Breakfast was really good saturday morning, and so was the company it came with.
- Honestly most of the day is a blur but I definitely healed things, crafted things, and participated in some Chaos Wasting, so all good things.
- Meeting my goddess for the 2nd time. Alisia played an amazing Gaia and I thoroughly enjoyed the interactions I had with her.

There's probably some other stuff but my memory is failing me. Thank you to everyone who I interacted with for making my event great. I'm really looking forward to coming back next month, more so than I have in a while.

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
12 Apr 2018 17:52 #15 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
One definite highlight was engaging with a group of NPCs on Sunday morning. While my own interaction was fun (sorry, but Faila is definitely not going to try to fight a demon and 5 imps on her own, despite you kindly delivering her sword and shield), watching a player I don't know (sorry, but a young dragoon/celt) in one on one combat with the NPC demon played by Reece B. was fantastic. They both RP'ed the combat exceptionally well and all the NPCs who were involved brought OOG common sense and thoughtfulness to the encounter (and I hope I did too, but letting you continue with one on one combat instead of just point and clicking an annihilate at Reece).

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not An Assassin (Salem), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Not An Assassin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm not a man fighting against monsters, I'm a monster fighting against the world as it reclaims itself.
  • Thank Yous: 344
13 Apr 2018 00:19 #16 by Not An Assassin (Salem)
Replied by Not An Assassin (Salem) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
Pretty straightforward event, y'all.

-I stab things, they fall over
-Got my IG drank on. Wasted!
-Yellow headband on...Then off...Then on...Then off...Repeat until dead.
-Solo'd Main-Mod. (You're welcome.) (You're not welcome, I lied)
-NPC on Sunday, fighting everyone, dying a lot. Honor combat! Twice. (Get me an ice pack)

My return looks to be unknown because of life. I will see you all...Eventually, I suppose!
Cheers!

Salem Noire, Lieutenant Commander of the Blood Spirits

Lieutenant Leon Drekken of House Zezima

OOG-Reece Belmont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ergos (arieslink), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
14 Apr 2018 20:47 #17 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
Week Portion-
The weekend was gorgeous, playing Blake Vakane was such a change for me. He was a rude kid sassing everyone. Be began to change as the event continued. Reno bleeding in was suuuuuuuuuuuper funny at times but very sad at other times. Special thanks to all the palenor wizards who tolerated Blake and watched him grow. Thank you to Matt Calo I had some wicked roleplay with. Nurremaralias was super wicked, both Blake and Reno willing to do anything for them.
Like the main mod for the week was gorgeous. Blake was trying his best not fall apart, trying to convince himself that he wasn't going to die. Caspian gave him super respect right before the fight which was wicked. The fight starts, he fight for like ten minutes until he starts to cry once he sees the few friends he has. Reno is screaming because by now she knows which friends or hers are in which student. I scurry into the inn and soon later here comes Owyn (Belegchand is bleeding to my knowledge) DRAGGING Chronicler in. I just bleed into Reno and start screaming and crying even WORSE than before. So Belegchand and Reno are sitting over Chronicler as everything falls apart. WHICH IT ENDED SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. The roleplay that occurred that fight was just stunning and I loved it.

Weekend Portion-
I had so much wonderful roleplay with people. Nurremaralias is the true MVP, such a wonderful crystal rock. I had a wonderful time meeting all the gods and having Egg meet all the gods as well. I had so much fun with my Palinthorn champion makeup and being able to use the boons he had granted me. Trying out my new list which was sooooooo much fun

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
21 Apr 2018 19:40 #18 by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm)
Replied by Hazel Storm (HazelStorm) on topic 20TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS, APRIL 2018
So much happened and it was great to return for this event I missed all of you. Anyways a lot happened this event things I did not expect either.

First coming into town and being told we need to create Alt’s for the first part of event and scrambling with my friend Cici to create Alt’s for us. Coming in as sister’s Anya Rose and Skya then being told we cannot leave the school. Making friends and then Alice’s alt killing our one friend for eating something from her Grimwald bringing him back and she made him eat his flute! We told him not to touch your Grimwald but as you saw he did not listen. Finding out that our headmaster was a Necromancer and most of the school going after us so much excitement and drama. Bleeding and Hazel waking up and calling out for Donny and her daughters, Blake saying there is no Donny here. So much fun becoming my alt Anya Rose again and being save my Milore.

Coming in as Hazel introducing her daughter Ceana and Angelina being super confused as how their daughter is twenty years old when she is only technically months old.

Ceana meeting Nalick and as soon as he realized she was Hazel and Donny’s daughter he jumped miles high and walk backwards away from them.

Seeing Caldor and everyone again having no idea how much Hazel had been missed.

NPC shift so much fun going out as demons and causing a ruckus and driving the town crazy!

Donny trying to explain to Angeliana how Ceana was as old as she was still confused her a little but she sorta got it.

Seeing all the Gods and Goddess their costumes and makeup were so awesome! You all did a great job.

Agora commanding Hazel to clean a table for her. Being asked to help guard Andorra on Saturday.
Then saving her and Valous’ marriage and then helping in defeating the corruption in her.

Meeting Gaia and getting asked to help to bring to rest many animals souls in the Chaos Waste. Sending the wolf spirit I had saved to be reborn in a dire wolf puppy.

The feast was so great and tasty. Going out for main mod Hazel and Donny side by side on the field again and their daughter right there with them.

Sunday second main battle so great the NPC’s you were all awesome. Hazel finally going back to her roots with healing. Then the most interesting part Hazel being flirted with right in the middle of battle after he shook her hand very fast said it was so great to finally meet her and then just before running back out to the battle he turns and says sorry to Hazel’s daughter Ceana for flirting with her mom!

So great to come back for this event and I look forward to coming back again soon.

Mother Hazel Storm Macfhionnlaigh

Hazel Storm - "Keep calm and let it go."

OOG: Heather Kissling
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dustiria (mytho2), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.643 seconds