May 2018 Event Highlights

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 May 2018 18:05 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
May 2018 Event Highlights was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Hi all...

First off.... the Weather was about as perfect as it could be, all things considered, for this event. WARM on Friday and Comfortable to Warm on Saturday made for some excellent larping weather and I know I could not have been happier for it.

Personal Highlights!

Friday Moments....
... Parley with Gilgamesh. Everyone getting thumped by him and his.... and The Crossed weren't. Or at least I wasn't (I think I was the only active one that night)
... Arcane Son part 1. Damn Necromancers.... And Josh- That was an awesome scene and I believe alot of folks were entertained by my Action Hero Movie takedown or your NPC. Awesome rolling with it...
... Talks with Aleister. Steve, this was a wonderful bit of RP we had and I found it wonderful insight into more than few things observed and told. I also saw it as a build upon what we had cooked up Waaaaay back during Xualla Battle. Thumbs up for sure...
And I look forward to more of this RP.

Saturday Shenanigans...
... Brazen Mass and Cook Out. I am surprised folks didn't make this one.... Given it is known we have food usually at Mass, attendees would have been eating fire-roasted Pork-roll, Sausage and Bacon. And we had plenty. Oh well.

... Dragoon stuff. Not a Dragoon but I know a lot; Perhaps too much for a Non Dragoon. But its was a RP heavy thing (The Finding of the Spirit for a new Dragoon) and I got to Scene Marshal (with Da Man's blessing on the results) This is a New Age with the rules and ability changes... and between Rob T. and myself asking ourselves "What Would Leslie Do?", this was nailed down super well. A+ RP on all parties. Would RP/Marshal again

... Arcane Sun Part 2- the Mines. Was fun attempting to corral a Dwarf. And a pain in the arse.

... Arcane Sun Part 3- The Library(?) Damnit Karen.....

... Memories of the Past- Lillith and The Others. Some serious clues and many questions were answered... as well as one suspicion confirmed. And the events of the next item REALLY confirmed a few other things suspected.
... Stopping Eden. Orias and Duncan deciding Gilgamesh was theirs to try and drag down while others concentrated on getting at Eden. And I amazed my self with the Nope Game for this (the compliments of a few bystanders who saw it AND Brian Hahn made it real for me as I still had trouble believing this). Brian, you are mad good and I am super glad I gave you a wicked battle.

The "cutscene" with Eden getting stomped by Lillith then the actions that followed.... drove home a few things. And also makes a future decision that much more important.

Feast! Awesome Stuff Bill!!

Arcane Son 5- Main Mod! Fun times fighting.

Post Main Mini-Mod- Hostages Rescue
This small mod supporting the Guard was a blast. I got tasked with getting it done and when I asked for about a dozen to join me in doing this, I got a rather eclectic and potent group. One of Which was Aleister!!
Steve- thanks for giving me a chance to lead this Op... and despite it going Sideways some, it was as close to text book as it could have been with with both rescue and captures.
To the NPCs... way to roll with things. I heard about y'alls reactions after the mod and I am glad I gave you guys a good bit of RP!.

I think ALL of the RP that happened here was pretty damn top notch.

Sunday Morning!
After a solid night's sleep, a brief sojourn to the Inn got me a wonderful talk with some folks then it was time to pack up, clean up and head to work.

I can honestly say that this was one of the most fun events that I have had in Some Time. A chunk of that came from both Mods I managed to get on and the excellent RP that happened with both usual and non-usual subjects.

I will NOT be at WitL but I WILL be at June and July events.

Until I see folks, stay safe and hopefully healthy!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
06 May 2018 19:44 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
My top highlight was the inquest into the death of King Alaric and the future of the Realm. First rate RP by all. At the end, a spirited disagreement between four of us on how to deal with New Gaaldron. What I found superb was though Lord Rudolf and I agreed to a certain point, we vociferously disagreed on some points, but kept it civil throughout, genuinely collegial. After reaching an impasse, we did the right thing - dumped it in the lap of His Grace (as I jokingly said to Rudolf as we left, "That's why he gets the big bucks.").

Making two breakfasts. My heartfelt thanks to Victoria./Heidi on Saturday and the Brouchards (they came as a set) on Sunday. I'm too old to get up at 8 AM both days.

Two Guys see me walking to Pendarvin alone "What are you doing by yourself? Don't you know its dangerous?"
Me "Force of habit."

Realizing I do more damage with my sword than with my spells. Such is the fate of a generalist in today's Travance. I guess time will tell if Edwin is still viable as what he was.

Some theological discussions with a few diverse priests.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dustiria (mytho2), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
06 May 2018 20:48 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
too much to mention. I had came into this one a little hesitantly, but this came out okay.

well, your resident Hooligan from the Highlands came out from making the whisky swinging with goblins, and getting involved in the whole Gilgamesh affair.

Lots of somethings got a kicking. the one that sticks out was the slaver mod.

"Hello, how are we today? I have a wee proposition, if ye don't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would ye kindly consider......JUST SODDING OFF!"

Negotiations in the Highland style went swimmingly after that. In short.....things got a kicking.

all of the conversations went well. And Donny tried to console Gemini and find people for Prometheus.

this should be celebrated as the first time Donny, mister "SOMETHING'S GETTIN' A KICKIN!" actually tried to resolve a situation without resorting to violence. the rescued miscreant children was a little turning point for me, as Donny slowly realizes he scares the crap out of Sassenachs.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
06 May 2018 21:25 #4 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
Weather was pretty wonderful. Not so wonderful for my full leather suit of armor but it wasn't 100 degrees so I'm pretty happy!
Seeking some wonderful revenge on the Arcane Sons was so therapeutic, truly was. All the fights were *GREAT*

Friday Night-
-GILGAMESH!!! That was wicked, Like I've been wanting to hug him for months and I did it WITHOUT dying, I said something like super drmatic cause I wouldn't be roleplaying Reno right if I didn't
-Got to activate vindicator for the first time on Matt and IT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME. I loved everything about that fight. Sneaking around is always wonderful.
-I got some wonderful roleplay in with people as well. Really putting a lot of Reno to the test

Saturday-
-Dragoon roleplay that was off the wall awesome. Shiny never hurt more in my entire life.
-Some more wonderful rp with some wonderful people.
-Being able to see all the cutscenes Matt planned for his plot was so awesome. They really made those dramatic moments even more intense.
-ABEL AHHH MY FEELS ;^; LILITH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-"Hey can I have some of your blood? Here let me explain because I know this sounds shady.." Thank you to the THIRTY EIGHT Travancians who gave me a sample. Ya'll know why I did and it means a lot <3
-Main mod on hard mode after I hit my eye and my contact fell into the grass cause I'M A DUFUS. I didn't do half bad and and ended up okay so that's a plus.
-The goblin war in the inn over colored shirts.
-"Mr. Dadchand" Adopting Belegchand as a father while on my NPC shift as Allan really cracked me up. That npc was SO much fun.
-Fun time researching
-SO MANY OTHER GREAT TIMES

Sunday-
- G E M S
-The gross ooze was so fun to deal with
-The goblin NPCS where SO funny. "Master Reno" And like everyone is looking at me weirdly after I got one healed and taught them how to swim

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
06 May 2018 22:54 #5 by Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
Replied by Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
This was my first time back in a long while, and I'm (once again) pleasantly surprised how many people remember Alexei. :lol: My highlights:
  • Getting caught up on recent events by Father Ephrim, and later by Midori.
  • Introducing everyone to Erdrick! Especially Blue Kestrel.
  • Being handed a sword when I ran out of MP and all but dropping it like a hot potato. Thank you Donny for trying.
  • Delicious feast!
  • Listening to the townspeople cheer the Heroes of Travance from the safety of the kitchen.
  • Getting knocked out trying to heal black ooze.

OOG: Chris Bouchard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
07 May 2018 06:14 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
Oh wow, this event was so much fun!

Friday Night: Mathemagical! Learning about how the gates of passage work and the complex way it all works with numbers, phrases, and all that complex stuff, and strangely being able to understand it. Getting a sit down with Merikh outside the inn and having a chat with him about Galmachis, and even getting baptized. What makes that even better however, is later when people were pulling cards from Lois' tarot deck for a fortune, of course I would pull the Death card, not even an hour after my baptism.

Saturday: SAVE THE BOOKS! Trying (and failing) to do motions from Avatar (The animated series not the movie) bending style motions when roleplaying my Shaman cantrips. Chatting with Nalick, well less chatting and more of getting him to not do something stupid and do something more productive with his time. Loved that RP. As always feast was wonderful!

Sunday: YAY BOOKS! Getting some books and finding out one of the books was about Aleister. And of course I had to get him to sign it! Jonas walks up to a group of us and all he says is "Who wants to go crash a date?" And then a good chunk of the town just signs on to go be jerks. Leading to an excellently ruined moment, and creating something even better!

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
07 May 2018 09:10 #7 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
Went into this event knowing it was going to be an interesting one for Cara- the Arcane Sons are in her backstory and legitimately the reason her life went to shit. Didn’t expect how personal it was going to get for her.

Friday night was super rough (but that’s what feedback is for) and I almost didn’t come back into game as Cara, but I’m glad I did.

The Saturday arcane sons encounters (besides main mod) were really well done with the limitations of the new rules in mind.

Getting to fight Karen as her book burner, and then getting to help find her secret library! Epic library adventure times. Can’t wait to go back and get that book Elysra wanted me to see.

I had no idea walking on to the 4th arcane son encounter that it was going to get so personal. Neither did Steve. I was so caught off guard when drew walked up to me and just whipsered in my ear “that was the slaver that captured you when you were a child”. Cara already being stressed about being in a slaver camp, turning and seeing Ben’s npc and panicking and having a breakdown and collapsing to the side crying. Getting over her fear, having her Phoenix tell her “this is your fight”, taking him on. Screaming at him that he was a coward after he went invisible and I couldn’t find him, screaming that he ruined my life, and that he was the reason my brother was dead and that I wouldn’t let him do that to anyone else, that it was ending here for the innocent people, for Cato. My heart legitimately stopped when Ben came out of concealment and went “I thought I recognized you”. Unloading my spells into him, becoming more and more emotional as I was screaming at him until my annihilate took him out. Collapsing onto the ground sobbing as I watched Aleister execute him. Drew and Ben pulled no punches and holy shit. Amazing emotional closure to Cara’s Backstory I never expected to get.

Being tired of pcing for a while after main mod and deciding to go take a short npc shift instead of sitting around. Had a lot of fun being rats looking for food and a zombie meat shield. Renee, phenomenal rp and awesome use of pounce. We had fun fighting you and your group.

Looking forward to Alisia’s plot next event !!! See you at witl.

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 May 2018 09:39 #8 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
For anyone doubting their larping skills, this past weekend marked my five-year anniversary and attending almost every single event in that span. That said, this event I learned a couple things about my personal style and found ways to improve my performance. It's a process and we're all working toward bettering ourselves together.

Props
"Props" to Anna C. for setting a great lakefront scene and the ensuing RP. Josh, Blaze, it's always a treat role-playing with you.

"Now That She's Back In the Atmosphere..."
Diegetic (live) music is amazing and so is Sydney M. who made it happen Friday night in the Djinn & Tonic at their new piano.

Getting A Little Board
Say it with me: BOUNTY BOARD! I'm glad it's here. It's a fun concept that already has me scheming...

Choked Up
Hitting the floor with laughter behind the bar at the Dragon's Claw and Django tossing crackers at Chet to see if he could land one in his mouth; acting like he died when one did until Dusty saved the day. Chet repaid her with crude jokes. I'm now taking bets for what toddler Chet's first words were.

Choked Up Part Deux, Figurative Edition
Nalick bumping into Grim on the back porch of the kitchen. Bill, the vibes were pulsing off of Grim. It was a short bonding moment, but a memorable one. "I've been there."

Cutting Off
Triple entendre here. Chet tries to have a conversation with Ninnyhammer only to have interruption after interruption. There was one in particular that was doubly troublesome, both in the moment and in a furious, breathless attempt at resolving it. All of that led to fascinating philosophical discussion with Moriki. So much for "Stupid O'Clock"!

The Tower Underhill
Dominic's criticism sent Nalick back to the drawing board, which shifted the plan entirely--you could say it inverted it. Krystoff helped set the finishing touches. The rest is history--with any luck.

Impenetrable Fortress
When Jonas Kane invites you on an adventure, it's hard to say no. When he invites an eighth of the town, it gets even harder. Watching Reginald and Oakley play out their scene was great. Even better was what came after we emerged from the woods. What I thought was part of a script was really just Steve going hard in the paint. Sweeney, thanks for keeping all of us in stitches.

Don't Know Much About Geography
After the battle with the cultists, when commoners came en masse into the Inn to praise the "heroes of Travance," Chet tried to convince them that no one was a hero by geography and that they were actually the heroes. Then he got to autograph someone's hand--and then do it again. It was a weird night. But then I had an adorable one-on-one moment with one of them off to the side that ended with the comment "Go be a hero." It was one of my favorite moments with an NPC in at least a long time. Thanks, Nova!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dustiria (mytho2), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Django (Topgunwov)
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 May 2018 11:02 #9 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
last event Dusty learned gods do exist and they are just people too this event she learned a much harder lesson. This event made her cry . getting ahead of myself.

For the first time Dusty made kills with her sword ( she has no enhanced fighting skills) usually she swings the monster doesn't even notice and she goes to bombs. This time Moriki was distracting and she hit from behind(again no backstab either) and they were able to kill it. Later a rat bit attacked and when the rat and Dusty realized they were the same squishy, grinning ear to ear, they had a duel. Dusty earned dissecting that rat. So novel to be able to affect monsters and not have them just ignore lesser damage.

Later Dusty listened two to things were going on and had the choice kill sharks or try to save Lillith. Of course she wanted to help someone. Grabbing poor anoile who didn't even have a way to defend herself they were off on an adventure. Luckily Maria noticed unsupervised Dusty and moved in to protect. The three quickly found they really shouldn't have been there. those homunculi hit hard. That"s when Dusty noticed the really white man in black robes next to her. Introducing herself like always does she made friends with the King who was kind enough to protect the three. Such a nice man. Later when it came time to sacrifice themselves for the ritual to save a soul Dusty felt terrible convincing anoile to help and watched poor Anoile experience true pain. After dusty sacrificed herself 7 times she too felted drained and an emotion she didn't quite understand yet.

Feast brought back fun and laughter and oh my was that pulled pork good!

Had some of her usual shenanigans including avoiding people who proposed, compromising healing positions behind bars, and infiltrating goblins to the point she had a new name and everything.

One of the shenanigans Dusty ran off with Chet and Khristoff for all of five mins when they returned Dusty and Chet had Just discussed do you think Moriki will be mad when the guard came in and dropped moriki almost at their feet and said he was about to be executed immediately. Dusty watched in horror as Selphatos tried but was not able to stop them from dragging moriki outside to be killed. That's when Dusty lost it. She ran outside and confronted the guard not caring there were nobles amongst them. pointed out Morikis character and why it all made no sense. demanded to know if he had even been checked to see if he was controlled by something. The guard hadn't even thought to do so, it turned out he was. Dusty was moved to the side and watched as they took moriki for treatment. She found herself in front of Chet who noticed Dusty wasn't right. what followed was one of the most wonderful bit of roleplay I have had in the past 20 years. Dusty thought it was all her fault. Its the first time her running off had a consequence. in tears, she explained that. Chet explained how wrong she was. Even used her own word from the past against her. Sneaky. I just can't put into words what was said and went down. it really impacted me as well as Dusty. Anyway on to the last highlight for me

Bllack ooze was attacking. Dusty couldn't find Tsula or moriki but wanted to help. Found Father Ephriam so with proper supervision went to help. Someone called for a surgeon now Dusty hasn't learned that part of Physician yet but wants to someday so she went over to assist. found out she had the tools and the others didn't. They were nice enough to let her take lead in the brain operation while they told her what to do. yes, brain operation in the middle of a battle. Thankfully Father Ephriam did some magical wall thingy so the surgery went very well. dusty even found three people who liked exploding things as much as she did. They had a ball destroying the removed tumor slimes. Fire in the hole!

All in all was an emotion rollercoaster which is something happy go lucky, let's go on adventure, everyone has good inside, Dusty didn't expect. Has she learned? Probably not. time will tell

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
07 May 2018 16:17 #10 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
This event was by far the most fun I've had at kr in a long while. Some highlights:

-the bounty board. This approach to "adventure" let the event be full of action without requiring plot to be world ending. I cant stress enough how fun this felt, and how refreshing it was to get paid! Down with body looting, up with bounties!

- the rules: while there is still a lot of work to be done, the core concepts of the new rules set are starting to shine. It really felt like more people felt useful, and I loved having the opportunity to play alongside so many more characters without either being bored, crushing low level content, or having them be liabilities on high level content. Just such a huge, huge, huge improvement. Looking forward to the system getting even better.

-leading a battle: it's been a minute. I had a blast, I hope you guys did too! Mars, crystal, Tim, tori, jeremy, and the rest who helped create a plan, and then helped keep it simple: thanks so much! I had a blast role playing with you.

- meeting new people: too many to mention, but it's been a pleasure getting to know so many new faces.

- fantastic combat role play: from Brian Hahn as gilgamesh, to the "clone" I tossed around, to owen piper, to Duncan,to grass, to Damian on main mod, to the slaver women on Saturday, to grim fighting through all those feelings, to the snarling ball of horns and teeth I think was tris... you guys rocked my world.

-good times at the bar: while I certainly appreciate the normal bartenders, hilda was a more than adequate replacement. Victoria your voice is amazing, and your commitment to role play while also juggling the very real workload at the bar was commendable. You helped make my weekend great.

-sea monsters: apparently lure in "smaller, stupider fish" with bioluminescence, then wash it all down with a drink of beans.

All in all, "what a day".

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aleister (Aleister), JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
07 May 2018 16:31 #11 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Replied by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
Thank you everyone for showing up this weekend and giving your all.

I really need to thank 2 people.

Tori and Kevin, thank you two for rocking the bounty system. Tori thank you for managing and juggling those encounters. And Kevin thank you for bringing in a masterful adventurer to run beside Tori as Abigail and working together to get fun encounters out for the player base.

To everyuone else, again really truly thank you for being you and for being at the event and joining in on the fun.

I will see you all at Week in the Life!

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
07 May 2018 16:56 #12 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
I came into this event a little weary from Rules and Errata discussion and discourse, intending to have a more RP-heavy weekend. Mission success.

•I got to put together a scene I had been excited to do since before the April event, but in the days preceding almost nixed out of bad nerves.
•Shifting the character dynamic with Oakley, and feeling like a Sith the whole time.
•Reaching a boiling point with James’s talkative bandit NPC and gagging him with the hilt-end of a dagger. Only to have James go the whole nine yards and actually put his mouth around the boffer and pretend to choke.
•I didn’t realize how much I missed NPCing main mod. O’ to be a gurgling, shambling undead with 30 body. Such fun.
•I've never been knocked to Critical at a more narratively, or conversationally, opportune time than Saturday night. Ninnyhammer will never ignore a distant scream again, or at least not anytime soon.
•
Getting to be one of the first PCs to interact with Ben Carlson’s new alt, Elijah Crowley. I'm so excited to see more of him.
•En route to spy on Oakley’s date and turning around to see Jonas Kane has put together a small army to join in. There wasn't a dull moment at the beach “wedding," and I'm happy to have done my part in making it more chaotic.

As usual, the best moments are the ones I’m not privy nor keen to share. But they were so infinitely precious to me, and I'm so grateful. See you all in June! And if anyone catches me at WiTL without sunscreen they have my express permission to slap me upside the head. Mistakes were made this game.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Tsula
  • Thank Yous: 4
07 May 2018 21:33 #13 by Tsula (Tsula)
Replied by Tsula (Tsula) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
So much fun

Friday night: NPC first shift....undead ...lots of fighting

Saturday: Tsula- Breakfast with Dusty....and then getting dragged into adventures.....fighting water/shark(?) people, getting portaled into a cavern (the cake was a lie...still not happy, if there is a portal there should be cake) ....

Inoli - engineer on a battlefield with nothing but her wits and a sword ..... running screeching across said battlefield because she saw one of the "bad homunculi" Finally grouping back up with her friend Dusty who said this would be great....met a King, things got better, then the fighting was over......Dusty convinced her we should help save the one on the ground, so Inoli stood in line (having not really listened to what all the ritual entailed....)....cause helping save people is good, right? Aaand then stabbing, and more terrifying, being stabbed cheerfully, by someone who is supposed to be a friend....but she went in and she got healed, and Midori's voice was beautiful and soothing and wonderful....and she stepped outside the circle.....what do you mean we have to do it again?...noooo, it hurt! She did go in twice more...with much pacing back and forth in between as she tried to get her courage up to face that dagger in the gut again..... Dusty said she had to, because it was for a good thing.......not so sure Willi is a nice person, nice people do not smile as they hurt you *sniffle*

Chasing after Laric's hat ....got to wear it( if only briefly)

Back to Tsula.......being pulled in multiple directions at once....needing to save one friend from execution, needing to keep one from killing the guards about to do the execution, mind racing to think of a solution only to have another friend rise to the occassion and rush in to save the day..... never felt so proud of Dusty!

Alt: Inoli
OOG:Lorna Long
07 May 2018 23:52 #14 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
I don't even know where to begin here! I had some really fun Khala moments.

-The first Arcane Son mod. It was her first actual interaction with Alistair and she was highly amused at his way of approaching trying to open the portal. Once the Arcane Son was defeated, they told her to ask him before decomposing the body... As soon as she realized he was portaling them back I turned to race back and decompose it... Only to be portaled right before getting to him. Slightly grumpy at Alistair for that.
-Friday night Homoncuplot. Finally getting to try and get that picture to Gilgamesh just to have him ball it up and throw it to the side. Relocating out of danger just in time. I then ducked back into the fight to pick it back up. Khala made a promise to Icarus that Gilgamesh would have that picture in the end and hes either going to take and keep it of his own volition or its being buried with him. It was such a small little interaction but SO impactful for Khala.
-Saturday bounty. Harpooning the hostage to us just to have the rope break and her come flying at us before we literally tackled her through a portal to get her out of there. Wren and Dirge are the reason we survived that encounter lol. So much fun!
-Saving Lilith. The memories were amazing and really shed some light on some things. Also the impromptu ritual was FABULOUS. Getting to help channel an energy that is kinda the antithesis of what Khala has been since I created her was enjoyable for rp.
-Sitting up at Jed's shack with a bunch of ah... People of questionable morals when some bandits came up demanding money from us. "You came to the wrong place..." They were obliterated and then Merikh lamenting that he didnt know their names for his book.
-Evil mod was just amazing. Amazing rp and so much fun. The people NPCing didn't just fight us. They interacted with us and gave us flavor. We got to go back and forth as we fought and it was great. Also interacting with the people we saved after they were converted to Malyc and convincing them to come study under me at the Academy. I'm still giggling because I feel like this is a budding group of chaos druids XD
-Being an NPC for Sunday ooze mod. Just... Absolutely fantastic. Such a cool and creative monster thanks to Rob.

I really just had a fantastic time and I am so thankful I was able to attend this event. Life has been stressful lately, and my KR family just made this such an enjoyable weekend for me. I love and appreciate all of you <3

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62), Berek Orino (Andrew609)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
08 May 2018 16:15 #15 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
I completely forgot to mention my saturday morning talk with Kanas about philosophy, sharing stories, and the reasons of why we do what we do. Including showing off my more serious side.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 May 2018 17:33 #16 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
I'm likely to forget a lot, because this was a very fun, action packed event. So here are a few of my highlights:

- Brief talk with Seth, to be continued.
- A good talk with Rhione which did not exactly go as he expected. At the end of the day, Angeliana IS Rudolf's niece.
- All the amazing times at the bar. Thank you for putting up with Angeliana, Hilda you're a sweetheart and have a wonderful voice. Kendric, Amalthea... enjoy.
- Trying to use Gilgamesh's words to take them literally and get Grim out of danger by offering myself... Getting held back only to watch Edmund jump in. Well shit. :(
- Going into battle so. many. times. Healing my ass off. Getting beat up but also defended by people I didn't expect to defend me. You know who you all are.
- Conversations with Max and my braids! She is so talented.
- Bounty board. What a great idea. Definitely keep this up please. Thanks to Kaiva, got dragged on some of these and had tons of fun.
- A confrontation long overdue. Someone finally stood up for Angeliana no matter what the danger. Speechless.
- A sincere talk with Aleister, followed by a perfectly timed kidnapping situation and a big moral fuck you to Angeliana. India, that roleplay was solid. I'm still broken up about it.
- Oakley getting my hand unstuck from a very trapped box.
- Max's amazing idea about the diamond necklace, giving it to the poor thief who stole Bob's engagement ring, so that she could feed her children for life and never have to steal again. I was on cloud nine.
- Orias leading the town into battle. Terrifying, but also, confidence inspiring to know he was at the helm.

All around fantastic roleplay from everyone I interacted with. See you all next time KR Family! :)

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
10 May 2018 11:42 #17 by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett)
Replied by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
This was such a great event. The rules are really coming together and the Bounty Board was fantastic! I hope to see the bounties continue.

In no particular order:

Braids. SO. MANY. BRAIDS. Thank you to everyone who pays me gold to play with your hair. It's always fun RP and a great way to meet new people!

NPC shift was so much fun! Gob and Lynn had me cracking up during the Saturday morning goblin mine mod. I was so amused by your RP that I almost forgot to fight.

Arrows! You and Max make a great team. So glad we met and can't wait to see what we get up to in the future.

Angel trusting Max with some seriously personal info. I'll keep your secret, but I'll be damned if I don't give you hell for it.

Orias's pep-talk to Travance and the free drinks after.

Having a great talk on fighting styles and Brazen with Duncan.

Being saved repeatedly by Leon in several different mods was definitely appreciated.

Main mod. So much fun! Great combat RP from players and NPCs alike! Frustrating NPCs to the point of "You, just go away!"

The private musical performance at the bar!

Really, so many moments were great this month. Can't wait for a repeat in June!

Max

(OOG: Rachelle Oldmixon)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
10 May 2018 13:16 #18 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights
- Beholder pop up Book AKA: What happens when a Soul Binder and Two Exemplars and two people we dragged randomly go to an Arcane Sons Library

- Aleister is now "Angry Skraw Skraw" and Cara is "Future Skraw Skraw"

-Walking behind the bar without permission, setting off a trap but special thanks to fortune dance I just shrug and go "Please cup thanks"

-It was fun to buff people I normally didn't buff on some of the mods because "Oh you look like a fighty type plz I need you to be a meat shield"

-I always have fun dealing with Arcane Sons as Leliana, considering she is still mad about that whole Necromancy pyramid scheme and all :P

Excited for Next Event :3

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
10 May 2018 18:14 #19 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic May 2018 Event Highlights

Max Garrnett wrote:
Having a great talk on fighting styles and Brazen with Duncan.

Madame... I am glad I was a highlight and any time you wish to practice/work on form, I am at your service. If I am not available, I will ask you contact one of my many capable students- All of them know my philosophy on weapon/fighting styles... and are more than capable of helping you work on yours. :)

And I am almost always willing to talk Brazen. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.672 seconds