WitL 2018 highlights

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
12 Jun 2018 17:21 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
WitL 2018 highlights was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Though not at event long (had to work), I was grateful I was able to make it to Saturday night on.

And wow- almost from the moment I got garbed up and in game, I got sucked into Travance and its latest insanity...

Handful highlights-

- The near constant "Wow you are here!" exclamations were some awesome things to hear.
- Wormwood and Duncan soldier snark...
- The third time in three events Ravyn and Duncan get jumped on that damn road. And almost at the same spot too.
- Necessary Dumb. It enabled me to get some good info and (un)fortunately test out the new death result table.
The reactions to my showing up in blue headband... nice. I feel loved...
- Another long late night talk with an awesome friend/companion. Starting to cherish these.
- Brazen Breakfast
- Black and Gold Games.... Nice to have the respect for my skills. I had good troops but the other side by chance was stacked. That we did as well as we did, despite the other side breaking the Killing Blow truce... is stellar. Good job guys!

Glad to see everyone and hopefully see everyone at the end of the month!!

Peace!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Alex (Wormwood)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
12 Jun 2018 20:39 - 13 Jun 2018 12:02 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic WitL 2018 highlights
When I entered Cogs and Wrenches as Nalick, I was convinced I was the wrong character of the two.

But when Dr. Kroh and Nalick faced off with each other for a good 10 seconds, each armed with one of the cogs, I thought differently. Ben Herman and I often joked about what it would be like for an Andorran and an Agauran to duel, but it's something else entirely to experience it live.

Brutus opening a bar for the Bar Crawl and then immediately shutting it down after Travance went onto the next bar so that he could join in the fun. Ludwig came along to ensure that he lived through the night. All of the one-on-one moments I had were wonderful and I felt proud of the job I did in being him; thank you Ricky, Bill, Lauren, Walter, and whomever else took the time to have a conversation.

The Chet/Ninnyhammer dynamic. One of the reasons it's so consistently entertaining, I think, is because a lot of my interactions with characters are superficial and have yet to reach the stage where you could spend hours with them and not be bored for a second of it.

Varkleby. Aside from the jokes at his expense, I love it when someone comes to an event and hits the ground running quite as well as you have. Bravo, Mr. Collins.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single coin."

Oftentimes my memory of an event will be flicker past faster than Matt Majchrzak, but I will always remember times when I literally roll around on the floor laughing until I cry.

Out of the shadows, Yamaira. It was the best/worst timing made all the funnier by the reason Luma came over to Chet. Moral of the story: I cast a broad shadow and need to be more aware of my surroundings.

Nalick 2.0. It's only going to improve from here on out and it started with a bang.

Steve, I haven't role-played with you that much since Aleister taught Nalick about being a Cavalier, which is the starkest reminder of how far Nalick's come as a character and how far I've come as a player. Also, I hope you keep wearing that outfit; it suits you well.

Bob showing up. At that point and with how dark it was, all I saw was the silhouette of his arm and a gun at the end of it.

"You're all under arrest."

Words can't describe how ecstatic and hopeful Nalick or Jeff felt.

Reed Miller, hats off to you for allowing your character to take bold risks and creating an inclusive, dramatic moment for a whole swath of people to experience.

Cheese and crackers with Fyde, Jonathan, Max, and friends. Scenes are even better when you're with players who improve your own role-play by being present in the scene and I'm thankful for people like that.

See you all in slightly more than two weeks--yes, really.

Last edit: 13 Jun 2018 12:02 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
12 Jun 2018 23:46 #3 by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
Replied by Khala Stormbringer (Jymme) on topic WitL 2018 highlights
First and foremost, I want to thank all of my KR friends. This was such a rough weekend for me on an OOG level due to some stuff going on, and the people who checked in on me or just hugged me and told me they were there for me was just astounding. This is why I keep coming back. You guys are my family and I love you all.

That having been said... getting to NPC this weekend was a blast! Getting to race in to traps during trap mod and deal with the town's shenaniganery was fabulous. You guys were so immensely creative with it all and I was just blown away. And then getting to be vampire chow for main mod was fun. Especially storytime with Adam afterwards. Thanks Chris for such fun RP with your simple questions.

Huge thank you to James who allowed me to duck out as Khala for Matt's evil mod. That was fantastic! Hunting around the house in stealth mode while everyone fought with things was the best. Also got to bond with Team Evil a bit more. Gotta make friends in all walks of life!!

Sunday was fun getting to pseudo-field marshal (essentially just NPC wrangle and act as a spawn point as well as watching for Rob's signal to bring them back in). Seeing everyone's reaction to Rob's amazing mod was just fun. Getting to help newer players understand their abilities and help enhance the game for others is literally my favorite thing.

Only thing I'm a little sad about is I didn't get to see how my classified ads turned out in the Chronicler this event T_T Ah well!

Main Character: Khala Stormbringer
Alt: Keladry Aybara

OOG: JymmeAnne Walton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
13 Jun 2018 15:44 #4 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic WitL 2018 highlights
I had a great time this event! It's so nice to just be able to relax <3

Aguaran Family BBQ was great (with surprise appearance by [strike]next year's sausages[/strike] the world's most delightful pig). Thanks to Arawyn's Worst Dad for manning the grills ^_^

Bar crawl was fun. Hanging in the Blackbird and listening to Bluejay play such classic tunes as "Tavern Kaladonia" and the Dark Paladin theme song made my night :p

Lois' love life curse strikes again! I swear, it just gets worse every time. XD

Hanging around on Saturday morning as my celt was a refreshing change of pace. She'll be around again next month to taunt her brother - and maybe by then I will have learned my card and will actually get into some fights :p

Mars' expression of glee as she walked all the marshals through the trapped tomb was *adorable* (and a little scary lol)

When the main mod water effect went off, the mass cry of "eeuuugghhh" was the best noise I've ever heard. It was really hard to keep from busting out laughing and spoiling the scene. Mad props to Alicia & her build team!

10/10 would WitL again.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili (), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
13 Jun 2018 18:16 #5 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic WitL 2018 highlights

LoisMaxwell (LoisMaxwell) wrote: When the main mod water effect went off, the mass cry of "eeuuugghhh" was the best noise I've ever heard. It was really hard to keep from busting out laughing and spoiling the scene. Mad props to Alicia & her build team!

MWAHAHAHA YES THIS
Crystal, Michaela, and I were definitely cackling at the noises as we sauntered away :D

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
18 Jun 2018 20:16 #6 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic WitL 2018 highlights
REVERSE PICK POCKETING!!! I actually thought I was going to die of laughter from that.

Next month we gotta taunt him together it'll be great!

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
19 Jun 2018 11:31 #7 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic WitL 2018 highlights
So, after a LONG hiatus back, I return, and am greeted warmly by everyone.

Wednesday night Pre-Barcrawl barcrawl. The dubious honor of concocting a drink at the stonebar, and the interactions with Chet, Jeff, you are amazing! Actually getting some sleep on KR

Thursday - The NPC shift was fun, getting all but one pickpocket done, and almost getting thrown into back of bar in the gin and tonic. Sheamus del dragon, and finally Lorelai. The bar crawl was amazing fun, and I enjoyed the Jungle Juice AND the grog. The visitation and what that entailed for me down the road. Trollball and cogs and wrenches was fun. Kaladonia/Dregamire lake fun. Watching magnus snap the raft rope 5 times was hilarious, and RP was truly awesome. And yes....I have learnt a lot since my last WITL.

Friday - My promise to Reyna, Going ingame and getting yelled at by Lord Tarterus, hehehe. Also, getting my sword divined and learning where I came from.....Um, Alright that's kinda worrying, but also good as well.

Friday night - Lay-on. Excellent ingame fun, the Vampire engagement was fun and for my first engagement under new rules I was interested. Sorry about that NPC who got her leg cut out from under her by someone. The Ritual at the end of that and sheamus almost blowing himself up as well as Lorelai and me and marika. Then guarding the inn, and at six AM it got attacked…..after I left for bed. Seeing Midori after her first rez, and getting a midori lullaby...THANKS KATE you were amazing.

Saturday NPC duty sucked because I copped a hard blow to the jaw and the solar plexus. so took it relatively easy. The maze mod was so much fun, and getting confirmation that it worked as a witch hunter was cool. Watching the cultists blow themselves up was hilarious fun, and the mummies were a fun mechanic. At feast I gorged myself on salad, and left. Getting assigned to pendarvin, and the warrior mother was great. Fighting james at one point was really fun, and almost getting cut off on the flank was amazing. Seeing people getting nommed was so worrying Then Lorelai happened. I avoided that fate because of Midori. Sword RP at the worst moments....is also a thing. Having two minds is a really interesting rp. Homoculous mod was....really sad, I actually felt like crying several times.

Sunday,
Saying farewell to so many is bittersweet, but knowing that I'll see you handsome and gorgeous folk again just this once is a really good thing

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds