June 2018 Event Highlights

• Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
02 Jul 2018 09:37 #1 by Belegchand (mcalo)
June 2018 Event Highlights was created by Belegchand (mcalo)
Figured I would start this off with a simple thank you to everyone I interacted with from the time I got off my marshal shift until the final hold was called. While we didn't win the final fight, it was awe inspiring to have so many people step up for our last stand. The number of people who tried to assist in coordinating Travance as a safe haven before Eden trapped us was staggering and uplifting. It was an honor and a privilege to lead you all for those twelve hours.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Swyft (agentswift), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • UraltS
  • The World is always New and Exciting, Go out, Explore.
  • Thank Yous: 10
02 Jul 2018 14:14 #2 by UraltS (deloozea)
Replied by UraltS (deloozea) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Well, I wasn't quite around for the end and I'm still iffy on the details. But this event was fun for me. I finally got to visit the Cairn and oh man what a visit that was. I helped the ritual and the dragoons got some good answers and hints as to what was going on with the eggs. Sadly I didn't participate in main mod as I was green headband for a lot of this event (and I would've been some swiss cheese against the assassin groups). I can't wait to see what next month brings.

Uralt Sustoc,
Dwarven Vassal to Ostcliff
Quartermaster aboard the Tidewatcher
Sardonyx Dragoon, 1st Known of His Kind, Host to Eldegone.
Current Champion of Wardterran
OOG: Alexander DeLooze
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
02 Jul 2018 17:55 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
I was at the event for all of about 2 hours, so the short time was time well spent!

Operation: Put up Your Dukes
This crew is a solid bunch.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth)
02 Jul 2018 20:32 #4 by Alex Tauber (Artalon)
Replied by Alex Tauber (Artalon) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
This was my first event and i was a full time NPC. i want to thank everyone for giving me one of the best LARP experiences ive had in four years. the interactions , the fights, just everything was more than i could have thought. i can not wait for next month to go back. hopefully the sun will take mercy and not try to kill us this time.

IC: Artalon Dragonflow
Ardrum Tribe
Emerald Dragoon
Baronial smith
Pendarvin Quarter master and smith
OOG: Alex Tauber
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
02 Jul 2018 21:20 - 02 Jul 2018 21:21 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
James, thank you so much for running that mod on Friday night and also NPCing; Bryan and Marcia, thank you two for playing those roles--and especially Bryan for rolling with the literal punches.

Steve, Ben, Devin, John, it was fun but I'm not in a rush to do that again. Ocean's Six/Put Up Your Dukes II: Monarchical Boogaloo can wait a little while.

The impromptu ritual Saturday evening to keep homunculi out of the Inn--spectacular. Walking through and seeing the weave-weavers and the passionate chanting... you all brought the atmosphere up a notch and I thank you for it. Thanks for marshaling that, Ben.

Handing someone I'd never met OOG a bottle of water after the battle on Sunday afternoon and just enjoying the little moment.

Wandering around Friday night with the Guard's newest Private--welcome to the Baronial Guard; I guess we'll see you in five years. Lauren M., you were great.

Speaking of Laurens, Lauren F., I am convinced that a good portion of the reason why people run screaming when they hear Eden's coming, is your dedication to and portrayal of the role. It's awe-inspiring and next month will be that much better because of you.

Last edit: 02 Jul 2018 21:21 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62), Keyora (ladysigyn)
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
03 Jul 2018 00:05 #6 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Unfortunately, due to work, I was only around for Saturday & Sunday and missed evil mod Friday night. C'est la vie. I'll go one of these days.

I remember Matt making a small aside comment about the Homunculus plot fight Saturday night marking the end of the world. "No really, the end of the world." WELL, DAMN. I GUESS SO. There was so much great, emotional RP that night. Ninnyhammer hasn't been that shaken since the Harbingers of October's event. The intensity was so real.

Voodoo mod Saturday night was also amazing. There was so much atmosphere and prop work. Bravo, Kirsten Lotano! I walked away from that mod OOG beaming, riding the high of a silly little ego-boost, over being able to recall Ma'khet lore and helping to solve a puzzle.

July's event will be my one year anniversary at KR and I'm so happy that it gets to such a highly anticipated grand finale. I came into my first game riddled with nerves and now I'm buzzing with excitement. :^)

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti), Ergos (arieslink), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
03 Jul 2018 00:31 #7 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
So....woooooooooowwwwwwwww.

3.2.1....ingame. So, Friday was so interesting, Zombies, Lycans, Assassins and running around the proper. kept blessing the fallen corpses, and almost ran afoul of several people. But kept everyone alive at the Inn until 4AM. Back to back with Dominique against assassins.

Saturday morning, woke up with a bowl of stew, hunk of bread and a cup of the bottom of the witch hunter brew. Absolute heaven. relatively relaxed in the inn, and then witch hunter meeting. Also going with Jonas Kane and the gang to beechlandia, and the adventures we encountered. I never knew what that scuffle we heard was (screams and the sound of laughter....the skinwalker perhaps). Meeting Verren and the restoration of my memory....clicking back into place. It all fits now. Verren, you are a.....very interesting leader, and I'll serve with you ably.

The execution ordered by Rudolf, and carried out by Duncan. Jean! You were AMAZING, your reaction was what I expected from you, and more. I loved being able to bless the Corpse, and then resurrect, with Dr Victor's help, Arya...no judgement from me, and my first resurrection ingame.

The big thing....Yes, that big thing. And yes, in front of most of the hunters, former and current. It's been a long time coming, and I will carry that with me, and my training to Evernight. Matt, Drew and Onca, My hat is well and truly off to you guys, I owe so much to all of you, heck, especially James.

Going out almost to the dragoon area for the drop point, getting ambushed and having so much fun with everyone. The new witch hunter (who was dissuaded by us unfortunately) ended up getting dropped and I pulled him away. Grim getting inducted into Pendarvin by lord silverbow, both prior to feast and during feast. Happy Knighthood.

The assassin main mod was a bit sketchy, not a lot of combat, but a lot of sentry duty. Almost getting attacked by the guard as I returned from removing my basic armor was hilarious. Then the island mod, I killed a few imperfects, and literally pulled someone away from their doom, before the guy ran in front of the cannon. My reaction was....simple and to the point. Running from the island and getting back to the inn. Finding out Reyna died on the island, and Gil. (I literally wanted to try and help) My heart sank. Going on scouting patrol and seeing her for the first time, That flute was terrifying. Listening to it behind me, I was literally in terror as I ran back to the inn. Scouting out and around, and running after people trying to find a better rally point. Then coming in and the homoculous basically sieging the dragon's claw, trying to get people to leave. I literally jumped a mile when I saw Icarus in the window in the inn. Full immersion. Utterly enthralled with what was happening. Ended up getting to bed at 4AM again, and waking at 9 when Grim woke. Don't worry Bill, it needed to happen.

The option.....terrifying, But I'm glad I chose what I did. Being involved in the Last battle, and trying to charge in, Getting tanked by Able and Heimdal, and slowly seeing everyone fall. Grims death, then Lorelai, then Dominque, Reyna, even Peaches fell in front of me. And then...Ritual of the Hunt. I disappeared from sight.

Now I Am Perfect.

…….
…….
Brunner may return, one day...when you least expect it, and when he is needed most, Brunner Von Ritter may return to Travance.

So...….thanks to

deep breathe
Drew for getting my card redone under such trying circumstances. Without it I would have not been able to play.
Onca, Kevin, Hannah, William Bartlett, Richard and all the other hunters and those with me when the thing occurred. Thank you for going strong with me. It was humbling AF, and I'm apologetic if I'm not that RP intensive in the heat of the moment.
Matt, DUDE that event was excellent, It's the end of the world and you know it, and I feel fine.

Kate, MIDORI was again one of my favourite PC's this event, I have developed such a good friendship with you over WITL and this event,

James, Seeing you as Verran, the Count and Jonas kane all in 3 hours was....mildly terrifying.I have NO idea how you change so rapidly, but it's like a second skin you have. Thank you for the honor you presented to me, and I will cherish it always. Being a Von Ritter, as they say, is always. I also enjoyed the boat ride a lot.

Chris z....Thanks for the mods! That was an excellent distraction. Kanas reached the appropriate conclusion on Friday evening, but it was awesome fun running around after assassins.

Jean....What can I say, your RP was on point, and REALLY really powerful, Brunner got a chance to really see Mantel in his element, and I loved it.

Richard - Peaches has grown, and I enjoy interacting with you when I can..

Chelsea Y - Ebony was fun to hang with that once, I know that you have reservations about me for whatever reason...but I enjoy your presence.

Jeff and the Homoculous….All of them, WOOOOOOOOW, you guys rocked. Icarus was super freaky AF, and I was terrified to the point of actually literally jumping when I saw you. Heimdal, Able, Prothemeus, The twins, and Gil. Everyone did so well as their characters, It's just a pity I got bare backstory, but I am glad I was able to interact with you guys as I did.

Marley, Keola was alternately hilarious and amazing to chat with, I'm always big hype when I get to interact with another PC and this was no exception.

Norm - Thank you for letting me stay in the statehouse on Saturday Night, I would have baked. I also enjoyed the informal induction of Grim

PAUL - You were sterling, in your help during the days, Thanks for ice distribution during the endgame, and the videos of everything.

William Hannings….Dude, your portrayal of grim, and our friendship has grown so much, I am so proud of being able to stand by you, and be counted as a sword....You were excellent, and I look forward to your posts and stuff.

John Tinney - I wish I'd been able to interact more with Duncan, but I know how busy you were. Thanks for your help during these years, and I wish I'd been able to help out more.

Tori and Steve, Great to see you especially on the last day I could. Thank you for your help both ingame and out of game.

To those who I haven't named. I haven't forgotten you, Thank you, Belegchant, Arya (loved the opportunity to redeem myself) Lorelai again (I can't thank you enough for your help, guidance and support over these long years).

Thank you to the new players, especially Moss (I got to introduce the Phokus to you). You guys were AWESOME.

And again, Thank you very much to EVERYONE, and I mean everyone. I know some of you do only a few things, but it comes together to make a huge whole, and that whole is vastly more than the sum of it's parts. It renders KR into what it is today, and that's the most brilliant thing. I'm going to miss everyone....so badly and sadly. We will see.

And as a last thing....

Brunner will be in contact....just saying...Missives will reach me, and perhaps there's a way to sustain a link to visually see me perhaps.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Amizar (Amizar), Onca (Lorelai), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Seth (Kurteth), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
03 Jul 2018 02:39 #8 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
I would like to state for the record I was not expecting to get knighted this weekend.

So obviously that was a highlight and the honest praise (and teasing) I got from everyone was wonderful. Zipeto writing secret codes and turning the scholar's table into a veritable bletchley park with Starling and the rest working their butts off at it was amazing. Also, the political aspect of it was very human, and I had a great moment of being the really scary guy with Jeremy's NPC, even as his fishing managed to pull out some of grim's emotional triggers. He did a great job of picking up on my purposeful silences, growls, or shifts in position to further the conversation.

Lord Silverbow's offer, and then letting me basically write my own vows as a vassal was great. Grim's going to do his best for Pendarvin, and make sure that his knighthood reflects well on the land.

Main mod being cut short because we actually paid off the mercenaries and did well in negotiations was actually pretty great, even if it meant there wasn't much for Grimkjell to do.

Main mod 2, attack on eden island was pretty spectacular. It was great for Grimkjell since it's actually his second raid there, and it was a nice moment to see him see through the destruction of the cannon and the engines, something he couldn't do in his first try. Fighting Gilgamesh, then watching everyone else who remembered their card better than I did also fight him was excellent. Sorry I couldnt' remember my card better Joey, even though you wrote it for me specially for that fight. Gil dying as I ran out of things to intercept off him was super painful as well, and a wonderful start of the big conga line of sadness.

The chase by the perfect mannequins and the arrival of Eden and her perfect aspects of the previous friends of the town was brutal, especially once PCs started turning t Eden's side. Informing Blue Kestrel of Jackdaw's death was very emotive as well, especially since it provoked 2 other PCs to finally step in and get serious. And Grim... of all people, being the one to suggest doing a sorcerous warding or expel from lair ritual vs the homunculi attacking us, and having the arcane casters actually adopt his idea and run with it. That's how you know how real things got, grim suggested they use magic to solve a problem.

Grim and Sergei was a really interesting moment, if only because grim saw all of Sergei's hard edges, and felt pretty bad about himself for a few moments. Grim really is too damn soft-hearted.

Some nice moments with Orias and Seth, who represent very different visions of warriorhood

Paying off Book for the hot tip about where the assasins were swarming was a lot of fun.

Aleister's two word order to Grim, that he spent the next 2-6 hours doing. Led to some neat RP.

Grim's death at the hands of Eden/Lilith Eden/Gil, and Eden/Abel was basically the best way for him to die to set up the last part of homuncuplot. I am surprised and impressed it apparently shook people and was as meaningful as it apparently was, and it was kind of great that it was those 3 that did him in.

Gil's little message to Grim through Lois.

"Hjolda neighbor!" Pancakes instead of Scones this time at least.

Antics with Red and the Aguarran crew during lunch, as usual grim gets identity theft'd rather drastically.

Gil's best student Vs Grim, and the really cool moment where it was a bit of a Draw between Darius and myself.

Losing my helmet in Eodra because of course I did.

Some nice little moments with Lois.

The last porchside Chat with Eden before the big battle next morning. Watching Big Z beat up his no good nephew with a sandal.

Telling everyone to stay around for dinner feast without explaining why. Congratulating Reyna on being made a general. A few nice bonding moments with Darius Redmaw. Talks with Jackdaw, seeing him briefly break and lose his confidence, and get called out repeatedly by blue Kestrel. Finally picking up on JD's name for his daughter, and mentally comparing it t grim's nickname fr his own daughter.

The final meeting of Homuncuconspiracy, with Grim talking a lot early on, then letting everyone else with a big game of yes and.

Realizing the most fun you can have for everynw ith plot is to simply roll with their ideas and try to hel them be even better. Saying no isn't something we need to do as long as it we can accomplish it narratively and mechanically. it was great o enable that as bit as a PC who was offered idas by other PCs.

Jackdaw being right about the death of Belberith.

And finally, the completion of grim's evolution, as he DOESN"T hesitate but charges right in twice when Eden and the perfect edneslaves approached Saturday night, and again Sunday morning once the battle got properly joined.

Conversations with brunner, and the casual way he offered me his help. Max offering her help was tremendous as well. Everyone who offered to fiht with grim was such a reassuring thing.

Pendarvin air conditioning after I nearly passed out on Saturday.

Basically everything but the weather was awesome. Great job on my shift, NPCS from 2-6 on friday.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
03 Jul 2018 03:40 #9 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
will post more later just sharing what haunts my dreams tonight.....

One of the resistance asked Dusty what happened that horrible fateful day. Dusty’s happy eyes clouded with sadness and horror. “I will start with right at bar mass.” This is her tale.
An attack had just ended everyone knew Eden was coming. Thinking back to their early morning discussion Father Ephrem said now was the time for bar mass. It was needed more than ever. Dusty sat at the bar curious about what he would say. She worships none of the gods for after meeting and talking with them she found they were good powerful people. She thought fondly of Val and Vizzy the ones she made friends with. Father Ephrem started to speak of how he had a sermon prepared but would not use it as with Eden coming he wished to speak of Justice. He started his sermon when a homunculus entered and asked why he would worship a false god and not the perfection of Eden. What followed was a discussion between the two that horrified Dusty and enflamed Father Ephrem. The homunculus was escorted from the room as Father Ephrem’s voice deepened and boomed as he called for Crusade. Fury filled his words and something grew within Dusty she didn’t understand. Bar mass broke up and Dusty found Chet and a few other friends talking. They had a silly discourse when someone outside said Eden approached. Dusty ran to the kitchen where Tyr was helping Hilda was bottles. Dusty was trying to be better still not used to having a bodyguard. She told him Eden was coming. With Ty’s comforting dark presence behind her they hurried outside. The town milled on the lawn. Dusty spotted the King of the homunculus at the bottom of the stairs with another she had never seen before. His worried face split into a smile when he saw Dusty he reached for her hand to pull her into a hug. He asked if they would fight side by side again? Dusty replied,” as best as I can.” Dusty turned to the new homunculus said, “HI! I am Dustiria, my friends call me Dusty.” She shook the hand of the king’s brother then moved off. Tyr wanted her to go to the adventure’s guild. The two with the one Dusty knew only as cousin rushed across the field not realizing poor Tsula was trying to catch their attention. Neither of them noticed the magic wall that rose behind them blocking Tslua from following. They entered the guild building found Father Ephrem washing up. Tyr, the heat affecting him, sat down to drink water. Dusty told Ephrem Eden was here. Ephrem calmly put down what he was holding slung a black bag across his white shirt. He placed his gift from Valos upon his head and said, ‘It’s time for crusade. Come Dusty.” Without even a weapon in his hands or his robes upon his body he ran out of the building Dusty at his heels. To Tyrs horror they were gone so fast he could not catch up to his charge. Dusty ran at Father ephrems side not noticing anymore the weight of the water bottles and alchemy upon her back. She had never run so fast. They found a line of homunculus fighting some town folk cut off from the rest. Father Ephrem with righteous furry pummeled one after the other with Dusty at his side swinging her sword. The moved from one to the next never stopping. No thought of their other ability’s just hit and move hit and move. They found themselves in the middle of the town folk having reached the end of that line of homunculus. Dusty handed Father Ephrem a healing potion. He had only time for one when a female homunculus approached that Dusty had never seen before. The woman pointed at father Ephrem and he disintegrated. The female homunculus told Dusty, “you are fine” and moved on. Dusty stared in shock at the pile of dust at her feet with only the gift of Valos on top. Dusty snatched that up and started screaming, “Father Ephrem disintegrated!” Someone with the group of healers said, “Dusty I got him. He will be ok.” So Dusty took off to fight some more. She ran to the King of the Homunculus. Just as she reached his side he disintegrated at her feet. She turned in panic and saw one of her Alterra on the ground. She rushed to his side and began to pour a healing potion down his throat. Dusty noticed a man in white and Black next to her. In his hand was a pocket watch. She watched him disintegrate too. That was when the world changed and she had to run not knowing who lived or died. That was when the battle was lost.

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
03 Jul 2018 08:23 - 03 Jul 2018 08:57 #10 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
For once.... I'm not starting this. :)

I was on camp from Thursday Afternoon and got to talk about some of the things coming and got some of the weedwhacking done which was very necessary.

Once our small Encampment was set up, it was work on getting into the groove of Duncan.

Highlights and Cool Shit-

-Lay On Speech: I 100% appreciate you guys taking my words to heart about the heat, how serious overheating can be and LISTENING TO THE ADVICE/WARNINGS GIVEN!! Seriously, it warms my heart and gives me hope y'all will be safe in this sort of environment. Shout out to Hannah and Crystal for doing the planned Prize announcement for those who pass out- Thankfully, no one won the Ambulance Ride....

- All the Palindor stuff. James warned Leslie and I that bits would be coming out about it and it would play a part in some stories. We (The Blood Spirits as a whole) worked very hard on this place and while how you guys are being introduced to it isn't exactly what we hoped for, trust me when I say is a really tight Waterdeep/Suzail/Silverymoon in features and flavor. :) :)

At some point, more of y'all than the small handful will get a proper taste of it; right now, we got a bigger (mechanical) fish to fry.

- Blood Spirits! New ones, valuable lessons, and examples of What We Do. Hang on guys... this bullseye isn't done yet.
- Blood Spirits Part 2: Promise to an Ally. "Don't worry, (redacted)... There will be Justice given; you could say its part of our Code."
- Blood Spirits Part 3: The bummer of a birthmark on our backs. A near raid on the encampment (Thanks for stopping them Grim!!) and the word we were targets for the Benefactor troops. I know this is not over for us, plot wise, and I am sure this will be a thing once we punt Eden into the dustbin of history and her scalp a trophy on someone's wall.

- Feast: Outstanding work, Rob! Love to see what you do with a steak and potatoes (I know.. How boring... :) :) )

- Main part 1: Interesting start, unexpected finish. Buying them off was actually.... Brilliant.
- Main Part 2: Believe it or not, I was nervous about this one.

I was the primary architect on the planning for the Turning of Gilgamesh. He needed to face the best I could throw at him; the most talented and technical fighters in Travance. Considering some of the suspects for this were unavailable, the Dark Horses were gambles in one case, and kinda inspired in another.

Most of my nerves came with my best was slightly handicapped in the dark. I am damn good fighter but I admit needing to be perfect (no pun intended) form was going to be a hard challenge in the dark; seeing physical tells is harder without light... :) I can Blind Fight in real life but given Larp fighting isn't real life and death,.... Its a thing. :)

While we didn't make him puke (the Goal :ohmy: :ohmy: ) we DID present some serious fighting to him and wore him out. In talking with Brian the next day, he had expected some of the folks I threw at him but others, he never dreamed would join in for this.... and he thoroughly enjoyed the challenge we (collectively) presented.

Talent and Technique were on display in spades.

Mad thanks to Ben C (Seth), Alex B. (Wormwood), Vince C (Darius Redmaw), Steve B and his wife (Indigo and Irina), Henchman (I don't remember real name!!), RJ (Peaches) and Bill H (Grim) for bringing your A Game fighting skills to this and being willing to get possibly mollywhomped. Also Thank you to the ever talented Alice A (Angeliana) for being the one to make sure we didn't die...

- Post Main 2: Hayley, you are a wonderfully light birb; if anyone every says different to you, throat punch them.
Had heat not ever so viciously kicked my arse this weekend, I'd have carried you on my shoulder ALL the way to the Inn instead of 2/3'. Thank you for being the good sport and the Physical RP that getting your NPC corpse out of there kinda needed.

- Letter to a Friend.: Oh my god, I never planned on ever having to use that card up my sleeve. Never... OOG confirmation on Sunday that it was 100% the right move helps calm butterflies. Going to be interesting, I am certain.

Late Night running around. It really began to feel like the Null Evade/Escape event... and yes, I enjoyed that month too.

Laric/Sam Pullen: I'm no hero- I'm quite alive and not in a storybook. :)

Sunday Morning Pack Out went quick; Considering the heat was supposed to be WORSE Sunday, the Spirits staying in the Encampment elected to pack it in and get out early. Considering what we missed... I doubt I'd have been able to move to clean up my area had I been involved....

Next Month shall be interesting, I am certain.

For those who want to actually camp elsewhere to represent being Resistance, contact me via Facebook or via message here. There are MANY spots out near the Spirits Encampment and elsewhere that can take a tent. Quarter mile in the wood is us, true, but there are spots closer that can take tents and its good RP to be resistance and NOT be camping/sleeping where you usually do. And the path into the woods where we are is traversable via vehicle.

I will get with James about getting some of those spots cut out and mowed before next event if there are takers/folks interested. :)

See everyone next month

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 03 Jul 2018 08:57 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
03 Jul 2018 14:51 #11 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Oof what a crazy event!

Put up your dukes was fantastic, Bryan Amore, you were a BADASS in your role, thanks for playing with it. Thanks James for running it. Thanks to everyone else on it we had a lot of fun, good work guys.

Some highlights include Friday Night evil mod, talking with Kestrel was great, thanks Crystal for the RP!

Zipeto, your different mods and activities were super interesting and rad! Thanks for the Ciphers, and the ability to beat Main mod without killing everyone. The first half of event was interesting and fun.

Saturday the fights all around were pretty spectacular, but a shout out to the fight in the shade led by Liz R. That was super fun.

Setting up for the two main mods, creating a plan with Big Z(Nick H.) Wormwood (Blockus), Tari (Stacey LB), Selby (Jenn C) and having it all written down by Victor (Han S.) was super rad. Thanks to everyone of the players who listened to me when I split you up into which groups you were going to be in.

Huge shout out to Brian Hahn as Gilgamesh, thanks for fighting all of us in a row, and thanks Max L and Joey G for being there!

Another huge shout out to all of the Homunculus who were hiding behind a sheet (lol) and also their attack on the town after the Island exploded. Good work, that was absolutely fantastic. Fighting with Gil Clone, Able clones (damn Aaron you killed me so good.) Running from Icarus clone. My fight with Prometheus on what to do with her body. It was fantastic! Thank all of you that was great.

Matt! Good work ending the world, everyone's hyped as usual when you run the next event. Can't wait!

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
03 Jul 2018 22:35 #12 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Hey all, friendly neighborhood ST here!

This event, we took some gambles on how things were done in regards to encounters. Spme paid off, some could have been done better. Some flukes happened, but overall, I think the gambles paid off.

My personal favorite highlight was seeing the teamwork from people solving the ciphers, intercepting drops, and playing the most dangerous game of all: politics.

It was great seeing people interacting with a very different event style. I hope people enjoyed the mental gymnastics, because I promise, they are only just beginning.

Actual pc moments!

Sergei showing a little bit of his business face to certain people. He is a survivor. So when Grim's perceived weakness manifested, it was a really great moment to show some of what lies behind the public face of the character.

Any and all interactions with Therion/Brian are fantastic. I recommend them highly. Stealth missions are my favorite.

3am Skinwalker shenanigans. Sorry, not sorry.

See y'all in July. Up the punx!

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Brian T. (Renthios), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
04 Jul 2018 08:46 #13 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Ok time for the rest of my highlights now that Dusty is is causing heroic leading resistance dreams with father Ephrem's Valos circlet rather than nightmares. In my dreams she does a decent job leading lol By the way that's hoo I know it's was a great event, here we are Wednesday and I have had a dream about it every night so far.

Friday: Thank you James for choosing me to join Bryan and you for that mini mod. I truly enjoy roleplay verbal and physical. Bryan and I had so much fun! Also kudos to Steve Otis for getting the drop on me. Who knew you could move that fast! When you had your arm around me with a sword to my throat that was truly a real shocked expression! The rest of the npc shift was wonderful! Nice mix of fighting and roleplay. Thank you for letting me be a baker with a stove that came to life! Was great telling the pcs yes that really is a stove and it will try to eat you.

Saturday: I got the chance to really get to know our new people who have joined Alterra. Such good kids. Not going in the woods alone with only two ever again lol. Role-playing what happened to Dusty when she found out she could no longer make bombs that go boom was a good experience. So many listened but it was Mantel who really stood up. Thank you for dropping what you were doing to take Dusty to the well and help her understand it all. Yes we have no answers for the hooded man issue but knowing why she can cast pink meteors and how to control was a godsend. That was a wonderful bit of roleplay.
Thank you to Father Duncan for trusting Dusty enough to assign her a task during the execution. Dusty is so used to not being noticed. Same reason of thanks to Victor for the same thing. Was fun running around by your side. Both things caused a internal quandary that poor Father Ephrem had to drop everything to deal with when Dusty said she felt so lost mentally the look of pure worry mixed with sadness Father Ephrem gave her was amazing. So was the conversation that followed. He brought Dusty back from the edge of something. Sunday I blindsided him with the question of the necropolis guy was so bad the gods came why not now? More convo about that. Love that he suggested I talked to my friends. Still haven't found a way to talk to Val or Vizzy lol
Anyway after the intense bar mass was very happy to get pure fun role Play with Chet and a few others. Sorry guys Dusty isn't a goddess. So needed the sillyness. I already posted what happened sunday.

This event was amazing story and run very well. Thanks to all who made it happen. Dusty was internally changed. Her mindset has been altered.

Special thanks to all who made the feast. So much wonderful good food and plentiful! It was nice leaving the feast with a full belly.

Last but not least thank you to Tyr. You sure didn't know what you were getting into when you became Dusty's bodyguard did you lol I am not an easy one to keep track of and you did a good job. Dusty found it unnerving when she was about to go where she shouldn't alone and out of nowhere you were at her back. At the same time your presence at her back was very comforting. you did well knowing when to let her loose to pour potion down throats and do what was needed and when to stick to her side like glue. Stop saying sorry for not being able to keep up with father Ephrem and i Sunday. we were on a two person crusade. Somehow are flew across the battle field doing what must be done. I think something more powerful was watching over Dusty after all she lived didn't she?

Now (holding Father Ephrems Valos Circlet high) follow me the crusade is not over!

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
05 Jul 2018 07:21 #14 by Ceren Kiwidinok (Cole Angelo)
Replied by Ceren Kiwidinok (Cole Angelo) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Now that I've mostly recovered from the weekend I'll get these down: first a huge thank you to Hannah and all the other people who I met at Star Wars that hyped this game enough to convince me to give it a try. This was one of my best larping experiences despite the heat (which I somehow managed to survive). Also huge shout-out to safety people for looking out for me despite the horror of my allergies. Now favorites in no particular order:

Friday:
NPCing the goblin witch doctor that may or may not have been taking orders from a dead bat
Getting to come out and going full rogue looking for one specific person, just to walk pass them calmly and suddenly have a knife at their throat
Getting someone alone and the following exchange: "Cool. Now are you going to tell me about XYZ?" "You... you were sitting five feet away!"
Mileof and the didn't think it through throwing a Fae on the roof

Saturday:
Always land sushi and snack time.
Just wandering around and learning the campsite, even after being told that it's a giant loop I still got lost
Jackdaw and George, the snarkiest hang out times
Ostcliff - everyone wanting to take the vassal oath and I'm just sitting there shaking my head
Fall Guy, steal stuff, cover for people, and still not get caught
"If you want to know about that, you want to talk to the pretty elf." "I definitely want to talk to the pretty elf. Goodbye."
Being asked by Reyna and Lord Rudolph to handle an issue as a first event player
Yo. That crazy Saturday night wave battle, I had been super lazy fighting all day because of the heat and it was nice to go crazy for a solid hour or so
Reyna's death and the only time Mileof and Ceren will ever get along
Also shout-out of appreciation to the NPCs that tried to roll up on my cabin after I had gone to bed and took into consideration that I was blind and in a lot of pain and just spooked me real good with chains and shambling outside.

Sunday:
Moose, Jackdaw, Rooster, and Ceren - avatars of Chaos. Trying to ruin Eden's perfect world and instantly regretting everything, kind of.
Sunday wave battle - I'm still not sure how I survived this especially with all the drive-by back attacks I laid into Homunculi that were much bigger than me. Squaring up with one of the Homunculus and asking who he was because I never met any of them only to realize it was Gilgamesh and the one guy I was specifically told not fight. Oops.

I 'm super looking forward to July and having to deal with the worst perfect world.

Ceren Kiwidinok
OOG: Cole Angelo
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27), Ephrem (bamore62)
05 Jul 2018 22:26 #15 by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987)
Replied by Fenris Nattulv (dhaas987) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Oooooh boy... where to begin...

First, I don't usually do well with heat, so I spent a lot of the weekend laying down in the Mage's Guild (thank the gods for cryomantic devices). My highlights, limited as they were in number, were still incredible. First, there was the spur-of-the-moment treasure/clue hunt in the woods with Django Friday night. I got so turned around, and we never did find anything, but it was still a lot of fun. Saturday, my big highlight was actually my NPC shift. After a few standard encounters, the marshalls decided they needed to hydrate everyone. I was sent out as part of a group of shady characters trying to learn new shady skills, and our big mission was to Blackmail everyone into drinking water. First stop was the inn, where we were told that any attempts to learn shady stuff would result in our arrests. So we headed down to Ostcliff, where they very willingly took us in and taught us all sorts of sneaky skills! *evil grin* Even invented a new skill: Stealth Strike, Hydrate! So much fun RPing with the Ostvolk, and really funny to see how many people called defenses to prevent being forced to hydrate! :P Later, three of us went out as rowdy Ogres. We ran into a group of PC's that threatened us, then killed us all on the spot, necromantically raised our bodies and told us to attack the next people we saw... That was interesting...

I missed both Main Mods, sadly, but feast was phenomenal as always! Sunday morning, I was up bright and early. Chatted briefly with the peaceful spreaders of the "gospel of Eden", chucked some spells at the decidedly-less-peaceful followers of Eden, then joined Father Ephrem for Bar Mass. Oh man, that was the best Bar Mass I've been to yet! Such great RP on all sides, then the calling of a Crusade, then chats with Father Ephrem and Darius at the bar after Mass was over. (Extra Points for seamlessly sneaking a LOTR quote into the conversation). Then Eden showed up.

I wish I could say that we banded together as the scrappy underdogs and won the battle through grit and sheer force of will. Then again, that would be a lie. I ended up with the healers, using my measly little Cure Wounds, heal 10 spell over and over. I must have healed 10 different people in the span of two minutes. I got to Grim just as he died, and couldnt save him. I got to a couple others just as they were disintegrated, again, something out of my power to heal. Then the world ended.

One really interesting thing about the final battle, is that it fundamentally changed the character I was playing, Jonathan Carter. I didn't plan for this, it just sort of happened. So it'll be interesting to see where this whole time skip dilemma takes him as a character!

- Fenris Nattulv

-Alt: Jonathan Carter, Minstrel of the Road

OOG: Daniel Haas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
  • Valanye Kennyr'renaith
  • Chronicler re-taught her to read now you have to deal with this bullshit
  • Thank Yous: 51
13 Jul 2018 00:12 #16 by Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti)
Replied by Valanye Kennyr'renaith (daniela franceschetti) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
So im way way late on this and all that
but i was looking at this thread and realizing that I don't think i've done one of these since my first year at game.

And at this point i'm fuzzy on a lot of details, but big thanks to everyone I talked to, everyone who interacted with me because you all reminded me of why I started playing.

(so kudos to being good sports and please ignore my underground resistance forum signature.... xD )

- Valanye Kennyr'renaith, Scout- Network Devision.
- Wayfinder of The Asterism

(OOG: Daniela Franceschetti)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
13 Jul 2018 01:33 #17 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic June 2018 Event Highlights
Being late is fine; sharing your highlights is what this thread and tradition are all about.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds