Arrrgust 1218

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
27 Aug 2018 09:09 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Arrrgust 1218 was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Very good event! Zipeto's mod for Max and friends was great, especially since it was a Knight, nordejar, a druid, an Argenti, and two bartenders walk into a graveyard with a Clerk as the start of it.

The face NPC villains were great, from luc to the howler to Matt and brian as other scurvy scalawags.

Crystal was super great as the surprise moon elf princess, and gras was instantly enchanted which made grim Giggle.

The politics of the game were really in an interesting state of flux, as the grand Council meeting demonstrated (I imght have dozed off after having fought a major battle during one part)

NPC shift with cody and the newer guy after main was great, not least of because of the Badventurer guild, Bro Mod, and Dunkey Kang Country 2, return of the unfortunate rich druid

Seeing caldor and his newly-acquired hat was great on main mod.

Grim unsuccessfully telling the story of homunculi plot to Finch only to be interrupted by present plot.

Father/daughter RP.

Friend roleplay with Talaniel and Jackdaw. Checking in with everyone and everything just to make sure people were all right.

Sitting at the high table and doing sassy noble gossip.

The water balloon heavy mod was great, especially getting hit in the head with one right as I was turning to shout for everyone to attack.

Good times overall, great fights.

Oh and Carlos did a wonderfully -normal- reading for Grim for the first time in forever.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
27 Aug 2018 14:58 #2 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Hi guys!

Obviously.... as one of your Face NPC Villains (Evil Grin the actually truly crazy pirate), I want to say I did have fun all weekend.

Many a small highlight and no few larger ones from both my turn as Evil Grin and as the poor Healer/Cleric/Templar fighting the Ebon Hound on Saturday Night.

My thanks to you guys all for the lessons on how the rules function, putting up with some of my questions pertaining to skills (still learning like everyone else :P ) and giving me some fairly epic battles all weekend long.

Shouts Out to the following:
Will Bartlet for a rare-as-hell fight and its humor (watching us fight as got to be hilarious)
Karen Yashinski for the fairly epic back and forth all over main mod field when I wasn't fighting Will (and even when I *was* at one point) along with the leading-by-example when you and 8 others had my crazy ass surrounded. I seriously think between you and Will, y'all occupied almost 60% of my fighting in that battle.
, Ben, RJ, Jack and the rest of the Hounds I fought in the maze. Well Fought gents, well fought.... Damn rogue skills. :P

And Jack, the ear is still tender and the Bells of Saint Michael's are quite silent. :)

Water Battle was epic... and sorry/not sorry to those I harpooned in close who then got blasted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunday Morning was an all too short time to play Duncan for a bit... but it was a good short time for it. A highlight was corralling Laric/Sam Pullen off for some basics on swordsmanship (interrupted of course...). Catch me between games or at game next month. I will help you improve....

Till September!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
27 Aug 2018 15:41 #3 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Told ya they were real.

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Aleister (Aleister), Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell), Dennis Brand (Devin), Tom P (Father Ridigan), Narcis (ChrisR), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Wili (), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel), Dustiria (mytho2), Solitaire (nobody2357)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Aug 2018 19:30 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Before this event, it had been a while since I got to view the in-game world through new eyes. A friend was a PC for the first time and I was a Londwyn lad with too much time on his hands, so what else was there to do but try to make some friends? Thanks, Mellissa! I hope you had as much fun as I did.

The crispest of high-fives to Cody and Bill Hannings for thinking on their feet. You figuratively and literally put on a show that people will remember for a long, long time.

A tip of my hat to whoever left brooms lying around in the main room of the Inn. I inadvertently made good use of them.

Kelley, it was too warm to wear your cloak, but it came in handy anyway. Thank you again for making it one of the softest things in the whole world.

Caoimhe and her friend with the name that I can say but not spell, fun joking around with both of you at scattered parts throughout the weekend. The fact that it wasn't seriously serious role-play--at least until Chet's second scarf was reborn with a haunting new use--was even better!

That said, I do enjoy me some seriously serious RP and it's always fun to look back at the beginning; how profane slap-fights turned into a friendship whose conversations ultimately delve into the philosophical, is beyond me. Thank you as always, Anna.

Romeo is my hero for making it possible for dozens of us to OOG sleep easy at night. The hero we deserve.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili (), Dustiria (mytho2), Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
27 Aug 2018 20:36 #5 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Arrrgust 1218
-My unexpected and completely unplanned conversation with Marcus...hopefully well get to do it again.
-Being shocked that some of my best moments were with newer players I have not interacted with much, and having them ask questions and get to information advanced players don't bother with.
-Conversation with James in general and through reminiscing
-Puzzle solving with a dravelven
-Return of normal kendrick
-Working on something with Kanas and hoping to do it again
-My few conversations with Starling and Jackdaw
-flirting contest
-Getting a different view of Rane and realizing I definitely judged that situation to quickly.
-Conversations with Ben/Seth and feeling better ig and oog
-Walter....you know ;) but can't wait to see where things go.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Kiana Wiley
  • There's nothing like looking if you want to find something.
  • Thank Yous: 8
27 Aug 2018 21:21 #6 by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Replied by Kiana Wiley (Kiana) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Showed up to this even on my own but it turned out to best time I've had since I've started larping, both PCing and NPCing
Some of my favorite things,

- Was able to stay in character throughout more of the event like I planned and just mingle with the townspeople as Iska

- Did some treasure hunting and was able to share the wealth I found with some new players

- Running and sliding into a split and throwing a PC off the ship to the sharks during the water-mod.

- The water mod in general

- NPCing as firstmate O'Shoot and keeping a rowdy crew of pirates from getting killed in the inn after pirates and other seafaring peoples were "declared kill on sight"

- Met the Moon Elf ( more like walked around and examined the Moon Elf) before Iska said "I came to see the rare thing, so when people ask if I saw the rare thing, I can say yes I did." And walk away immediately afterward.

- Walking through the middle of a battle with demons twice completely unbothered like a boss. Because the ice cream truck.

- Drawing curly mustaches on all the wanted posters in the inn

Looking forward to September!

OOG: Kiana Wiley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
27 Aug 2018 21:57 #7 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Arrrgust 1218

Kiana Wiley (Kiana) wrote: - Drawing curly mustaches on all the wanted posters in the inn

That was you!?

27 Aug 2018 23:04 - 27 Aug 2018 23:04 #8 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Arrrgust 1218
This was my first game back in MONTHS. And it couldn't have been a better one! Had a blast, even though I was only there for Saturday. Okay... highlight time!

-Working with Papa/Goose on the gathering of items. Everyone who took part in those mods and the Ritual was AMAZING!

-Getting 5 years worth of research notes from James and the reaction from those working on this plot when they found out Thalia and Selby made use of the Edenpocolypse to continue the work as they had the time! :)

-Finding out what happened to Rudy and Gabe. Never thought I'd say Felixx was the smartest of the boys :P LONGG discussions with Tari

-Dashing out of the inn after Pluvious and finding out after the fact that Chet was running after us.

-Cell Phone Telepathy by Tari/Stacey!

-Catching up on all the missed gossip.

-Magnus Vs. Flirting and the Strutoff!

I'm forgetting things but I can't wait till next month!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 23:04 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
28 Aug 2018 05:10 #9 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Arrrgust 1218
[quote="Thalia

-Dashing out of the inn after Pluvious and finding out after the fact that Chet was running after us.

-Cell Phone Telepathy by Tari/Stacey!

![/quote]

He was??? I had no idea, and then did he give up I never saw him.

I also almost hung up when I found out he lied and we walked all that extra for nothing....I was really ready to say he was on his own

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
28 Aug 2018 12:27 #10 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic Arrrgust 1218
It was wonderful leaving the mundane life behind and being Dusty with her shenanigans all weekend!

Friday NPC shift was a blast! Was neat to be chosen to accompany our boss and be pretend drunk capturing people. So much fabulous rp!

Saturday meeting Jonathan Woodsmith while waiting for a wedding to happen was priceless. Dusty almost turned purple and became a penguin with Salem. She still has no idea who Jonathan is lol but still she ended up shaking his hand anyway.

Dusty was honored to a guard for the wedding. To have people trusting her skills was a great experience.

Of course who can forget the three weddings and a funeral lol

Getting down on one knee and proposing to Salem while Dominic squealed like a girl. Also all the boat people who said about time such love!

Donnie doing first wedding. Duncan doing second. Still need two more so all Dusty's God friends and family get their due.

Watching Miss D vomit from Dustys love of Salem in person after all the times on the ships was priceless!

I loved the pirate boat mod. All the water! So much fun learning how well online rp translated to actual real life fighting! Yes Reyna we are the deadly duo you called us.

D rinking the Dusty Rose in the blackbird while cranking out alchemy. So honored to have a drink named after Dusty. Thanks Willy!

hearing strange music and dragging Salem to check it out. Then to tsula dismay joining the wake-up mod band.

Forming team dark and trying it out on animals attacking. Go team Dark!

I am sure there is stuff in missed. This weekend was the balm I needed . So many people checking on me, offering help, hugs and most of all love. I love my nerd tamily!

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana), Not An Assassin (Salem), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili ()
  • Kraden Arrav
  • "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, but the strength of the wolf is the pack."
  • Thank Yous: 16
29 Aug 2018 01:49 #11 by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav)
Replied by Kraden Arrav (Kraden_Arrav) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Definitely a blast, I had so much fun, Im glad my OOG girlfriend could come with and enjoyed PCing for the first time, she told me all about her becoming the bar's lemur-cat hahaha! I definitely feel a bit bad because unfortunately Kraden is a very busy character and OOG I wish I could have spent more time roleplaying and getting to meet her character.

As for Kraden, had some very serious moments this event that made me tear up haha. Very busy bounty hunting, and putting in work against the piratical opposition. I found myself widely engaged in more conversational roleplay than combat, which I wish I could've seen more of. All in all it was still an incredible event, although I wasn't happy having to bring Kraden to his first death as he was mind controlled. I wish there had been some other way to reverse the effects but oh wellski. Also I had a blast with the in depth roleplay with Romeo's character.

Got some pictures, thanks to B&A Photography, and they covered me on pictures for another player's wedding that I was the best man at. All in all it was a successful Arrrgust!

《OOG- Craig Carl》
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
01 Sep 2018 19:07 #12 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Arrrgust 1218
Alright, the RP this event was fan-freaking-tastic and thank you to everyone I talked too!

So, I walked into this event with a goal for RP. I wanted to see if those I won't spoil what it was about or what it did, but expect a few changes from my character in the coming months!

After main mod: Shenanigans galore! Between the flirt contest and the random punch-ups. It was a great time!

Feast was absolutely delicious also, absolutely wonderful, my compliments to the chefs.

Sunday: Finding aerobark inside a fire elemental. THE QUESTIONS SHALL BE ASKED!

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
05 Sep 2018 15:39 #13 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic Arrrgust 1218
"On a scale of One to Dirge, how often are you invisible?"

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.573 seconds