Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet

• Malcolm
  • Semper Fidelis Fratercula Arctica
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Jan 2010 04:16 #1 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet was created by Malcolm (Malcolm)
I went to get coffee at work today, first time since the event I had to look in there and I'm short 50 bucks.  I kept the wallet under my bed in the monastery covered by a shirt just in case.  I can't even believe that this would happen at KR, but apparently it did.  Any leads?

Zander G. Gehnsen IV Esq.
Captain of Our Lady of the Broken Spine

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

OOG: JimBob
11 Jan 2010 14:41 #2 by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme)
Replied by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
The entire time that I was in the monastery I saw no one in your things Jim Bob...However I was not there constantly. That said, I've checked my wallet and nothing is missing, and my wallet was in my OOG jacket that was hanging on the wall. I hope you find it :(

OOG: Grace Borum
  • Malcolm
22 Jan 2010 10:07 #3 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Replied by Malcolm (Malcolm) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
/bump  Anyone?

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

22 Jan 2010 12:19 #4 by Rose McTavish (Rose McTavish)
Replied by Rose McTavish (Rose McTavish) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
I don't know, I mean, whenever I was in the Monastery, no one was under your bed that I remember...
Who was on the ground next to your bed?

OOG - Maxine Mencl
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
22 Jan 2010 13:23 #5 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
Sadly Jimbob, it could be anybody, and whoever it is I'm sure will not confess.  As much as all of us would like to think we can trust our fellows not to pull crap like this at an event, there is always someone who will ruin it for everyone else.  The game is very big, and there is no way to tell.  I'm sorry that this happened to you, but hopefully it will remind everyone that at KR we are essentially in a public place with over a hundred other people, most of whom we'd never see or talk to outside of an event, and some of whom are strangers who show up to one event and never come back.  And like in any public place, we take a risk everytime we leave our valuables unattended.  Its sad that thats the case, and I wish that it wasn't, but its the truth, even at KR were we might consider everyone a friend, or at least an aquintance.  Honestly, it should be surprising that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often than it seems to.

It definitely sucks hun, I'm sorry.  In the future, its probably just best to leave phones, wallets, cameras, or anything else of real-life value locked in a car or on your person in order to avoid something like this again.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Malcolm
22 Jan 2010 14:54 #6 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Replied by Malcolm (Malcolm) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
Yeah, true enough, I just kinda hoped that maybe if I sounded pathetic enough, I might hear something.  That said, it was you, wasn't it Kristen? :P

• Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
22 Jan 2010 15:30 #7 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Missing: 50 Dollars from my wallet
You caught me.  That'll teach you a lesson!  :P

Seriously though, I feel for you.  I had the same thing happen at a professor's house just recently, and the only people it could have been were her family and like 20 fellow religion students.  Its not a good feeling.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds