maskworld.com -- buyer beware

06 May 2009 00:38 #1 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
maskworld.com -- buyer beware was created by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
I just wanted to give everybody the heads up on these guys who I had a terrible experience with. 

Two days after I placed an order, I got an email letting me know that their Chicago warehouse had "closed", so the item would need to be shipped from Germany, essentially doubling the original cost of the item and the time it would take to be delivered.

Over a month later, after sending several emails to try and find out the status of my shipment, I was finally informed that the shipment had been returned to them because the "shipping address does not exist".  This is probably true, as they shipped it to a completely different address than the one I had given them on the order form.  They refused to acknowledge that it was their mistake even after I forwarded them the order confirmation email I had originally received indicating a totally different address than the one they had shipped to.  When I told them that I still wanted the item, I was told that they had sustained a "substantial financial loss" due to the shipping fee, and would be unwilling to reship the item.  Even after that it took them a week to refund my credit card.

After all was said and done, I waited 6 weeks for an item that was going to cost double the original price, and never even arrived.

I would strongly caution against ordering anything from them.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds