Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
23 Jul 2009 19:15 - 25 Nov 2012 21:25 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani) was created by Gallion (Gallion)
[size=14pt]Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)[/size]

Many years ago “Woochie” brand ear tips, where the best! They where the standard for people who wanted to do elves right, and if you used them, you where using the best brand name available at that time.

Well as with most things, competing companies have made better products to raise the standards for our hobby.  A company named Aradani Studios, sells elf ears, that are MUCH more aesthetic, and far higher quality than Woochie brand ear tips. In most cases, they are just a few dollars more, even when color matched to your ears!  Compared to these ears, the old standard of Woochie ears, in my opinion, just appear shoddy and silly looking.

Here is the link to their ear tip page: www.aradanicostumes.com/elfears.php

For your standard Elf Ears, Selection D is what should be used. They are 17 dollars, painted to help color match your ear. Shipping is about $5 but that can be easily offset, by a bunch of people pitching in to order their ears together.

The painted ears come in (Light, Med, Dark). If you order, do not bother with unpainted. Unpainted is the color of Woochie ears which look very bad in my opinion. The painting job they do makes all the difference and somehow, their simple choice of three tints, matches a wide range of skin tones. My suggestion is order light, unless you are very, very dark, and then order med, unless your skin is black.  I use light, and they match my skin perfectly. Also if you order them, be sure not to accidentally hit "Add to Cart" for the unpainted ones. Make sure you have selected a color and clicked on the "Add to Cart" button directly under the color selection.  

These ears, also sit MUCH better than woochie ears, and you wouldn’t need spirit gum to keep them in place, if not for the fact that we do combat at this game.  So to clarify, DO use spirit gum, however know that they sit so incredibly well on the ear, it almost seems like you don’t have to.  They also sell ear cuffs, that are awesome for covering up the seam between your real ear and the latex ear. When I got mine, I used a tiny scissor to trim the area that sits on the front of the ear that you spirit gum to your face. Doing this made it look even better, and did not at all weaken the strength of its hold.

Selection J is what I have decided is necessary for Male Sylphs. I wore them last weekend. I will post a link to the picture here, when I get the pictures up. I did NOT Photoshop the ears in this picture. When you see it you will call me a liar. I always photoshop the ears, but these ears look so good, I literally could leave them alone, on the pictures and they look fantastic.  It is because these ears look THIS good, that I am really pushing this product.  Just like using latex weapons improved the atmosphere of the game… so will having our elves wear these ear tips. You will simply look MUCH better with them, and as a result so will the game as a whole.

Realize that I am not saying you have to use these ears… only that in my opinion, its crazy not to.  This company has made me into a true believer of their product, they are just that awesome!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 25 Nov 2012 21:25 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
23 Jul 2009 19:28 #2 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
I am just adding to James' plug. I bought a pair of these at the NY Ren fair last year and they held up FAR better than woochie ones. Also, they will custom paint them for you and the makeup stays on very well. They are perfect for ladies with long hair too because my hair always covered the small woochie tips. I highly recommend them to anyone buying elf ears. :)

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
23 Jul 2009 20:05 #3 by Balthazar Yhatzi (Balthazar Yhatzi)
Replied by Balthazar Yhatzi (Balthazar Yhatzi) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
I'll third this.  I've worn a pair of these for another game for years, and got my ex-wife a pair of the biggest ones for the same game and they look incredible.

"Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende." - Romany phrase meaning:
Bury me standing - I've been on my knees all my life.

OOC: Josh Tanner
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
23 Jul 2009 20:08 #4 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Bummer....no beards :(

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Paige
  • Est July, 1202
  • Thank Yous: 1
30 Jul 2009 20:03 #5 by Paige (Paige)
Replied by Paige (Paige) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
They look a lot better, and Ill take anyones word who has them on how they hold up and look. For a high elf.. would F be a good choice? Im thinking about getting those.

Templar Paige N. Merlot Darkheart of the Kindred Oak

"Act not in hatred or in spite
Even if it means your life"

Heather ~OOG Human
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
30 Jul 2009 20:13 #6 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
I think Selection "D" would be fine for both Sylvan and High Elves. Selection "F" looks a little hooked in my opinion , so im not sure how that would look, but I wont say no. My recommendation is go with "D", but if you really want to try "F" than ok.

• Paige
  • Est July, 1202
30 Jul 2009 20:30 #7 by Paige (Paige)
The only reason why I like F is because it looks like it has better detailing.  They are similar and I dont think it would matter too much which one I wear, theyre both the same price. Hmmm..

But I see what you mean by they hook a little bit. D it is then. lol  ;D

Heather ~OOG Human
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
30 Jul 2009 21:04 #8 by Gallion (Gallion)
A quick note about the detail of "D"; the detail of the picture does not do the ear justice. I'm looking at mine right now and there is some deviation in the photograph. I think it washed out some of the detail in the photo.

30 Jul 2009 21:57 #9 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Wow, 0_0 just wow. They look very nice and I was thinking about being an elf and if i do now, these will deff be the ears i pick out now...

Thank you so much.

Cody Queen

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
31 Jul 2009 15:29 #10 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Honestly I've never been a big fan of the larger ears.  I much perfer the smaller size.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Paige
  • Est July, 1202
01 Aug 2009 02:25 #11 by Paige (Paige)

A quick note about the detail of "D"; the detail of the picture does not do the ear justice. I'm looking at mine right now and there is some deviation in the photograph. I think it washed out some of the detail in the photo.

Hmmm... yeah i see it now.

Heather ~OOG Human
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
26 Feb 2010 13:34 #12 by Gallion (Gallion)
Just bumping this and making it sticky. ;)

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
24 Mar 2011 07:35 #13 by Gallion (Gallion)
Since I first made this post, I believe they changed the tints of their colors. Medium is now perfect for a regular light skin toned person such as myself. Light is only perfect for a very light, light skinned person.

27 Mar 2011 16:59 #14 by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff)
Replied by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Unless I'm missing something I don't see lettered selections just names

Warmest Regards,

Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: Josh Goldberg
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. --Douglas Adams
27 Mar 2011 21:02 #15 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)

Unless I'm missing something I don't see lettered selections just names

The sight used to have the size chart up on that page. Here is the page for the correct ears it also has the size chart to prove it.

www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/small_anime_ears

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
11 Nov 2011 10:28 #16 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
I've noticed that there are a lot of places that Knight Realms gets a discount with, do we know if Aradani extends us one?

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
08 Oct 2015 18:37 #17 by Bregolon Helbbruk (mussirio)
Replied by Bregolon Helbbruk (mussirio) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Which ears would be best for Dark Elves? I was either thinking the Nomad elf ears, or the Moon elf ears. And unlike the other elves, I should get mine unpainted, because I need to paint them to be black!

Also, sorry for posting on an old thread, but I feel that this is an important thing to ask, and this seemed like the best place to ask it.

-MJ Wheatley (OOG, they/them pronouns please)
  • Pox
  • Thank Yous: 14
10 Oct 2015 16:23 #18 by Pox (Cinder D.)
Replied by Pox (Cinder D.) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Hi MJ,
I think either one of those would be fine. Also you want to get them unpainted and then just paint them with whatever makeup you're going to use for your face. Also a little advice put your ears on first before doing your makeup and painting them what is going to happen otherwise is the makeup will mix with the spirit gum and you'll be picking black crap out of your ears 3 days after the event.

Hope that helps,

Brian

Brian Hahn
Atmosphere Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
11 Oct 2015 13:03 #19 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
I will pay the link layer for you if you want where i got my Dark Elf Ears. They came pre-painted in a dark grey.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Aneira
  • Thank Yous: 12
17 Apr 2016 22:12 #20 by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook)
Replied by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Not sure what letter they are but I got the Nomad Ears and I have to say they are fantastic, twelve plus shipping.

~A
OOG: Ashley Firstbrook
21 Apr 2016 22:28 #21 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
Nomad doesn't appear to have a letter. What used to be D is now anime elf.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
  • Aneira
  • Thank Yous: 12
02 May 2016 11:29 #22 by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook)
Replied by Aneira (AshleyFirstbrook) on topic Elf Ear Prosthetics (Aradani)
There are a few nice ones that don't have a letter to them just a name. They're worth looking at :)

~A
OOG: Ashley Firstbrook
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.820 seconds