August Event Grand Opening!!!

09 Aug 2009 03:14 #1 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
August Event Grand Opening!!! was created by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
I am formally and enthusiastically announcing the arrival of a new clothing supplier for the players of Knight Realms. Lauren Seyler, Seamstress, At the Sign of the Crooked Pin. Some of you may better know her as Malleigh McSweeny, or McKraegar since her IG marriage. What you may not know about Lauren is that she is an extremely accomplished seamstress and clothing producer. I am happy to let you all know that Lauren has begun producing clothing for sale at Knight Realms.
She will have several items for sale and several for display at this coming August event. She is offering a wide variety of items for immediate sale as well as custom orders. Her clothing is made predominantly from natural materials, mainly Linen and Cotton. For those of you who are not familiar with linen, its natures under armor. Linen, while being extremely strong and soft, wicks moisture away from the body and keeps you smelling good. I can attest to this as the shirt I wear for KR is a custom piece from Lauren made of unbleached linen. That shirt is also the shirt I use for Revolutionary war re-enacting. Needless to say, I beat the hell out of it, and it has never failed me even through mud, blood, sweat and spilled drink.
I will post a link to Laurens deviant art page which includes pictures of her work later tonight. If you have any questions about what she is able to produce, pricing or examples of work I can address them on the board or in private messaging. Additionally I will be posting a list of what will be available this weekend by tonight. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you at the Sign of the Crooked Pin this market fair!

-Francis Martinez
IG: Colin McKraegar

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
09 Aug 2009 13:11 #2 by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney)
Replied by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney) on topic August Event Grand Opening!!!
Greetings, fellow citizens of Travance!

I'm excited to post the following list of items to be sold at our grand opening, at the Sign of the Crooked Pin:

-fine and durable linen shirts, available with and without sleeves
-ladies' full length skirts, in various colors
-pockets, to be worn tied about the waist
-assorted neck handkerchiefs
-satin ribbon in various widths and colors
-second-hand clothing, of the best condition and quality

Custom orders will also be taken for the following items:

-men's collared shirts (as seen on Colin and Cyric McKraegar)
-men's waistcoats and jackets
-ladies' bodices and jackets
-breeches and pants
-stays/corsets (as seen on me!)

Examples of custom-made items will be on display (but not for sale). Swatches of currently in-stock fabric will be available for your convenience.

More stock items will available at future gatherings, including ladies' drawstring-neck shirts of the finest linen, fashionable capes, and cloaks of pure wool for the winter months.

Examples of my work in 18th century living history garments can be found at crookedpin.deviantart.com

I look forward to seeing you all at Market Fair!

Mallaidh McSweeny McKraegar
Lady Smith of Travance

OOG:
Lauren Seyler
Seamstress
At the Sign of the Crooked Pin
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
09 Aug 2009 19:16 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic August Event Grand Opening!!!
Heya, Lauren!

Don't forget to post on the In-Game forums too, if you want! :)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
10 Aug 2009 18:14 #4 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic August Event Grand Opening!!!
Oh I really like your period work! I desperately want that pink robe. :)

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Aug 2009 21:43 #5 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic August Event Grand Opening!!!
I'm extremely interested in a quality hooded mantle. I'd be happy to discuss in game details of a specific design :)

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
11 Aug 2009 10:51 #6 by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney)
Replied by MallaidhMcSweeney (MallaidhMcSweeney) on topic August Event Grand Opening!!!

I'm extremely interested in a quality hooded mantle. I'd be happy to discuss in game details of a specific design :)

I'd be more than happy to discuss any custom pieces in game at Market Faire. I'll have swatches with me of my current in-stock fabric, and I'll bring some from my suppliers, too. And of course my measuring tape! ;)

Oh I really like your period work! I desperately want that pink robe. :)

Thank you! Robes will also be offered as a custom piece- be sure to stop by!

Mallaidh McSweeny McKraegar
Lady Smith of Travance

OOG:
Lauren Seyler
Seamstress
At the Sign of the Crooked Pin
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds