Theif's Baldric

• Tom
  • Thank Yous: 15
28 Nov 2009 23:00 #1 by Tom (Tomatsu)
Theif's Baldric was created by Tom (Tomatsu)
Hey Everyone,

I recently bought this baldric in Ravenwoods leather. It's very nice, but I really can not use it because it needs a sheath for it to really work. If you don't have one, sure you can place it on your back, but every time you take out your sword, the baldric will fall off your back.
  I was wondering if anyone would be willing to buy this off of me. You need a sheath in order for this to properly stay on your back. I paid shipping and handeling for it, which in total was about $41.00. It also came with a small pouch. Would anyone be willing to take this off of my hands??

Here is a link for the product.

www.ravenswoodleather.com/Baldrics/theif.html

Pm if you are interested and we'll arrange something.
-

Oog-Tom Polanski
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Nov 2009 23:59 #2 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Theif's Baldric
If you don't get any takers to buy it from you, it wouldn't take much to have a strip of dye'd leather added to connect the loop points and have it remain on when you remove your weapon. I can tell you what you will need to do it yourself or we work something out and I'd do it for you.

Best,

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
04 Dec 2009 16:00 #3 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Theif's Baldric
If that could be modified to have magnet glasps and hold a hammer, I'd absolutely buy it from you Mitch.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
04 Dec 2009 16:49 #4 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Theif's Baldric
Tom, I didn't buy it, but I did offer to modify it :) If you know of a source where to get strong enough magnets for the top and bottom, I'd be happy to discuss how it can be further enhanced to hold your hammer.

I've never been asked to have a magnetic clasp, but if they are attachable to the leather (preferably via rivet, but any means that is secure will do), and strong enough to hold two leather pieces together (on top and bottom), and further strong enough to hold a 2 handed hammer rep on your back while you run about (till presumably you yank it free when you want to wield it), then lets talk. You would have to buy the item off of Tomatsu, and we can discuss the cost of enhancements from there, but if the magnets can do what I mentiojn above, it could work out real nicely.

Free free to IM me, or we can hop on the phone and discuss when you have time.

Best,

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds