Stainless Steel Breastplate for Sale (possible trade)

• Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Feb 2010 15:43 #1 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Stainless Steel Breastplate for Sale (possible trade) was created by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
James, if you want this for npc supplies, I'd be glad to work out details for donation. Otherwise offering this up to anyone who would like to get a nice sturdy plate armor for KR.

This is the front 3 panels of what is known as a Churburg 13 design, a very popular and flexible armor design from the 14/15th century. Its Stainless Steel, and the three panels are already linked together via the standard leather strips on the underside and they are wll shaped to wrap a bit around the torso. The typical side and rear panels aren't present, but there are shoulder and side loops that are already installed, that could be used for either regular strapping or to mount to a basic back piece. I can help complete that part too, but we'll need to discuss added cost for that ;)

This item is 20ga Stainless, so it won't rust and its pretty light (certainly as far as authenitic materials go, which are more commonly thicker guage). This was commisioned specifically for larping, but will absolutely qualify as profesional grade for purpuses of KR and for a threshold (though you will need to complete the back section!). It's bordered with brass stripping, and the edges are rolled (meaning rounded so no bitting into skin or garments, very important!).

The steel has not been well polished, its considered munitions grade, which is a satin finish, not a mirror polish (it looks well worn, so it has character!).

PM me if you are interested and will be happy to discuss pricing off the boards on cost and such (especially if you want me to help with strapping and the rear section).

Here's a link so you can see what it looks like:

s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csm...current=IMGA0867.jpg

s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csm...current=IMGA0869.jpg

Best,

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds