Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen

• Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Feb 2010 14:43 #1 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen was created by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
I saw someone decorate their latex weapon with what looked like a latex ink pen, with bright gold ink. I'm hoping to do something similar, but can't find a product I'm comfortable buying, as I'm not certain if its the same. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Mitch

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
21 Feb 2010 09:20 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen
A number of art supply stores sell these new pens that are used to paint models.  Japan made a bunch of famous Gundam Ink Pens that can be used on their plastic models.  Other manufacturers have started the same...

You can find some here.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
21 Feb 2010 12:30 #3 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen
Thanks much! I can't tell but are these fine tip pens? I"m looking to highlight deep grooves in a latex weapon and thick tip won't do. Curious if you (or anyone else) have used a particular brand to recommend. Looking for Gold or a dark Brown color.

Thanks!!

MC

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
21 Feb 2010 12:56 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen
The pens are like paintbrushes/other pens... some are fine tip, others are broad.  As for recommendations... not sure as you're working on latex.  My experience with the pens are on plastic, metal (lead/pewter), and wood.  Never used them on latex.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
21 Feb 2010 21:59 #5 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen
I have one of those gold paint pen things somewhere, you can definitely borrow it if i can find it haha

oog - sonya m.
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
21 Feb 2010 22:39 #6 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Looking for a Latex or Gel Ink Pen
That would be awesome, but if you can find it, I'd love a post that tells the brand and any other identifying info so I can just buy my own. I otherwise would be happy to borrow it from you :) Thanks - MC

_____
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds