WANTED: Someone that works chain mail

• Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
23 Feb 2010 14:22 #1 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
WANTED: Someone that works chain mail was created by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
I'm in need of the services of someone that knows how to make chain mail.  I have a project I need to commission out to someone.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
23 Feb 2010 18:48 #2 by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme)
Replied by Linneth_Nalleme (Linneth_Nalleme) on topic WANTED: Someone that works chain mail
Liam and I both work with chainmail. Send me a PM and let me know what you need.

OOG: Grace Borum
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
23 Feb 2010 19:35 #3 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic WANTED: Someone that works chain mail
For the kit you are looking for, I'd suggest Aluminum (though that will easily fall apart if its butted) or stainless steel. You don't want other steel types as they will rust or lose luster. You can also go with micro-mesh, like what ringmesh provides. There are a few places that can do this for you, and make the mantle to match the kit design you are going for. That's welded steel, which would be ideal, and is the same material they used for your kit concept in the film. Just an fyi.

Best,

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds