Canes and Such

• Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
10 May 2011 18:59 #1 by Cameron (Galen)
Canes and Such was created by Cameron (Galen)
Hey guys, long time no see.  Hope everyone's well.  Had a quick question.  I've been looking for some new props and such, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get a nice in-game sort of cane or something of that nature.  Nothing super-fancy, but some things that would look nice and also be functional.  I've found a few things that look cool, but nothing that's made me go "ooh, that!" just yet.  Any suggestions, shops, or people I should talk to?  :)

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 May 2011 19:06 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Canes and Such
I have three, one that has a head like an ax, one with a knobby head, and one with the traditional hook head.  OTOH, they are made for someone my size.  If you want, I will bring them to the May Event for you to see.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 May 2011 19:07 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Canes and Such
There's a difference between a Cane, a Staff, and a Walking Stick - depending on what you are looking for, there's different things out there.

Staves are the hardest to find in modern times, but they do exist.

Canes are easiest, of course, although a lot of them will be more modern, but you can still find some that look reasonably IG.

Walking Sticks, you can find at a lot of hiking stores, etc., although most of them will be modern.  If you're looking for something more simple, your best bet is to hit a farm or rural community that will have them for sale as souvenirs - I have a hickory walking stick I got a while back for a potential PC down the line.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds