Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)

• Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
11 May 2008 20:17 - 06 Apr 2009 23:01 #1 by Cameron (Galen)
I was reminded this weekend to do something I said I would do a month ago, and for not having done that earlier, I do deeply apologize.   People have asked me where I get my cheese, and if they could get their own.  The answer to the first is secret (Washington State University's Creamery), the answer to the second is yes!  It is most beneficial to order this most flavorful of cheeses in bulk, due to shipping prices, which are of course on the rise.

It costs a mere $21 for a full, delicious wheel of this cheese, and I am about to order my summer batch.  Please contact me as soon as possible if you want one, even if you don't want it right away.  I must stress this, the order must be done SOON.  They will NOT ship this cheese in the hot summer months, and already the Southern United States are cut off.  Either post here or PM me with your orders, and when the order arrives, I will bring it to the July Event.  Please remember to bring a cooler to the event so that you can bring it home without issues.

Please if possible contact me by the end of this week with your orders to ensure that we can get it in before the summer blackout.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
Last edit: 06 Apr 2009 23:01 by .
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
06 Apr 2009 23:00 #2 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic The great cheese run of '09
Well, I am heading out near the source of my cheese instead of coming to the next event, and while I won't actually be close enough to pick any up easily, it did remind me to update this little post to remind everyone that I am in fact selling wheels of cheese.  There is actually a bit of a surplus at the moment, and it works to your favor.  See, this is a cheese that improves with age, and I have some of my stock from last year left over.  Where I get the cheese, they charge extra for the additional aging.  Here, I just hang on to it, and if it survives the many months needed, I pass the savings along to you!

So, while it lasts, particularly finely aged Cougar Gold is available!  I'll be getting a new shipment in before the summer, so with any luck, we will have the same deal available for some time.

If you want any of this cheese, please, let me know here or through PM, and I will set aside a wheel for you when I next come to KR, most likely the first May event.  If you've not had my special cheese before, rest assured that there will be a sample available, including, with luck, my special cheese souffle at the first May event.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
07 Apr 2009 07:10 #3 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)
I will definitely buy one if you're at the first May event. :)

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Apr 2009 10:05 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)
Anyone care to split one.? There's this cholesterol thing that the doctors tell me to limit.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
08 Apr 2009 07:43 #5 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)
I'll split one!

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Amizar
  • Thank Yous: 47
08 Apr 2009 09:40 #6 by Amizar (Amizar)
Replied by Amizar (Amizar) on topic Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)
Mmmm... Cougar:

www.tvland.com/prime/shows/cougar/season1/

"Available" starting April 15 :)

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

IG: Amizar Wuzwhir, Baronial Scribe
Editor Emeritus of The Travance Chronicle
OOG: Paul Shaffer
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
08 Apr 2009 09:54 #7 by Matt D (MattD)
I will take one (if you have one left) at the May or June event.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
08 Apr 2009 16:22 #8 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Cougar Gold Cheese (Galen's Good Stuff) (Updated for 09!)
I'll take one as well.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Apr 2009 01:58 #9 by
i'll take one also
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds