Available for Offer: Customized Wooden Staff (Not Foam)

• Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
01 Sep 2017 06:07 #1 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
If anyone wants a wooden staff approximately 54 inches in length, I've got one I can customize for you. It's from a find yesterday in the woods behind my house (I've got half an acre of woodland) when hunting for a staff for a friend looking to come to KR for the first time in October. I'm going to burn designs into hers and lacquer it, and I can do the same for you, because we found enough for three staffs.

Of the two she did not claim, the smallest is 54 inches. The other one is currently seven feet long and therefore can be cut to a desired length. The bark has been stripped and the wood sanded down. It's ready to have designs burned into it, whether words, drawings, or mystical symbols. Delivery date depends on several factors, but I'm reluctant to do anything past October because the lacquer is best dried outside and won't dry well when it's too cold. Price is "make an offer and I'll tell you."

NOTE: Because this is a wooden staff, it is not LARP-safe. It cannot be used in fighting. I carry a wooden staff so I have something to lean on in-character as Grigori (I'm handicapped), so I'll repeat what I was told when I asked if it was allowed. If you have it in a combat encounter and someone strikes it, it is considered the same as if you had been struck on a legal part of the body and you must take the damage. Please see your friendly local rules marshal if you have any questions.

My friend's staff will include a strap so she can sling it over a shoulder when in battle. When I am concerned about my own staff being in the way, I drop it by some bushes. In the last battle I was in, I didn't do that and had to take the damage when a goblin hit my staff twice.

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds