Some Actuall Questions....

13 Jul 2008 17:31 - 13 Jul 2008 17:56 #1 by Jill Waterhouse (Jill Waterhouse)
Some Actuall Questions.... was created by Jill Waterhouse (Jill Waterhouse)
I know I already posted a topic...and then forgot to ask the questions I had on my mind.  >:(

What are the sleeping conditions like? Should I bring my tent or are there cabins or a main sleeping building?
What time does the check in start, and game-on?

How long do events usually last? Fri-Sun?

(I've got the basics of larp-gear down...)

What are the camps like, are they pine-lands, or mountainy mountains of death? (I'll have to tell the story of Camp Death one of these days....)

For a staff weapon, is it just one long foam covered pipe, or are there hollows cut out for hand holds? I know thats a little vague, but I can explain better if needed...

I think thats all for now...I might have more later. Sorry guys >.< I've been doing Mystic Realms for about 4.5 years now and I'm stuck in the mindset of one larp, and I decided a change was in order ^_^.

Anakque Delfura- Gypsy Healer

OOG- Jill Waterhouse
Last edit: 13 Jul 2008 17:56 by .
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
13 Jul 2008 18:07 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Some Actuall Questions....
1.) Sleeping conditions vary depending on the camp.  Hickory Run camps consist of many  cabins with room for 2 or 4 people.  There are also a handful of larger "lodge" cabins that different groups usually claim.  At Camp Sacajawea, it depends on the season - in the summer, the place has very few large buildings that people use to sleep/set up as IG locations, but there are tons of platforms with tents set up all over the place, so you can grab one anywhere.  In the Winter, however, those tents are not up, so we all cram in those few buildings with beds and sleeping room.  Feel free to bring a tent if you'd like to set up someplace in the woods on your own at either camp- people do it sometimes. 

2.) Check-in usually starts around 7 or so, depending on when Sam, the Character Card Officer, gets the cards to Logistics and James is ready to start.  Lay-On usually happens around 10 or so, but both times could vary a lil in either direction depending on the event.

3.) Events last from Friday at Lay-On, until sometime Sunday Afternoon.  Remember KR is a 24-hour game, so people are in character that entire time (except your 4 hours of NPC duty of course, but then your still in some character at least).

4.) Neither camp is particular mountainous.  Hickory Run has some areas, but the majority is more like forest.  I'm not good at describing such things though, so if someone is better, please post. :)

5.) Staffs can be with or without hand holds, however, if you choose to do handholds they still have to be padded with foam and cannot just be duct tape over pipe.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Feel free to ask any questions you need - someone is always happy to help.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Jul 2008 19:36 #3 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic Some Actuall Questions....
Best way to describe the areas is pretty much forest.  Camp Hickory Run does have an area (the Kaladonia area) that is really hilly forest including the main road down there which is a pretty steep hill.  Camp Sacajewa does have some rather steep hill areas but they are very set back, so far set back that there are some people that haven't seen it for a few years.

Each camp also has a large grassy field as well, sometimes the two summer camps do have some areas that get rather muddy from the rain but they are easily avoided.

All in all, the camps are pretty easy to get around with the exception of Kaladonia's Hill of Death.

OOG: Jo
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds