Interested in getting started in spring

• wrathmaur
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Oct 2008 00:38 #1 by wrathmaur (wrathmaur)
Interested in getting started in spring was created by wrathmaur (wrathmaur)
Hi all my name is Carter from Rochester, NY I have been lurking for some time on the forums.  Yourevents sound great and I am interested in starting in the spring as I am due to graduate from nursingh school this December.  I also have two children who are very interested in joining with me.  Is there a good way to get children involved?  I plan on NPCing initially as I have not decided what kind of charatcer I want to make.  My children will14 and 11 in the spring they are really excited by what we read and the pics we see online.  I am guessing we will be looking to start in April or may to avoid travelling in bad weather.  Also does anyone know how close Chester, NJ is to where you guys gather I have a sister that lives there and we can make it a long holiday to see her when we are down.  Thanks for the great reads and whatever advice you can give regarding my children.

Carter Brent
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
13 Oct 2008 01:13 #2 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic Interested in getting started in spring
As far as how close Camp Sac is to Chester, it's about a 35-40 minute drive. I checked google maps for you. Other than that i can simply say that i brought my friends little brother to an event and he absolutely loved it! He had so much fun there. He started out as a druid because he's not old enough for combat status. For the time being he simply walks around as a druidic healer and collects build points to spend on skills he will be able to use when he is old enough for combat status. But i've seen people of all ages there and everyone seems to have a blast. They really look out for the kids at the events too :-)

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
13 Oct 2008 12:13 #3 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Interested in getting started in spring
Hey there Carter and welcome to the non lurking side of our message boards.

In regard to your kids, the 11 year old will have to remain under your supervision for the event and will not be able to partake in combat per our policies, but other than that he can get just as involved in the game as everyone else, creating a character and roleplaying, making friends etc. We do have a few regular attendees who are of similar ages and perhaps some of the other parents with kids will be able to give you some advice based on experience.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • wrathmaur
13 Oct 2008 18:01 #4 by wrathmaur (wrathmaur)
Replied by wrathmaur (wrathmaur) on topic Interested in getting started in spring
They are actually girls.

Carter Brent
  • Hiro
  • i am the sleeping wild mage
15 Oct 2008 16:45 #5 by Hiro (Hiro)
Replied by Hiro (Hiro) on topic Interested in getting started in spring
welcome and great to have u on board

IG: Hiro Makaza Zero

戦争は残酷である。 それを改良することを試みる使用がない。 それがより残酷なら、やがて終わる

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over
OOG:Chris N
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds