Greetings

• AlecH
  • Thank Yous: 0
01 Mar 2009 22:24 #1 by AlecH (AlecH)
Greetings was created by AlecH (AlecH)
Hi everyone, my name is Alec.  I was reading the website and it said I should introduce myself into the forums so here this is.  Currently your rules have got me a little drowned, since Im used to the LAIRE rules which seem alot simpler.  But I've been larping for about 2 years now and just want to expand the horizons of games I play.  I don't exactly know when I would be able to go to my first KR event (and couldn't find where the days are posted for events) At the moment though my only questions would be if anyone is familiar with the LAIRE rules are the boffers the same in both games, and by any chance is a new player's first event free or not, and if I need to borrow a weapon can I?

Otherwise I intend to skulk through the maze of an online rulebook you've set and learn as much as I can (which always result in more questions). Until then I hope to meet you all in some future event!
  • dedrite
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • For the Emperor!
  • Thank Yous: 1
01 Mar 2009 23:40 - 01 Mar 2009 23:55 #2 by dedrite (dedrite)
Replied by dedrite (dedrite) on topic Greetings
Hey AlecH,

I have played several games in the NY/PA/NJ area including the one you mentioned.  I settled here with KR because I found it to be the best.  We have good rules system and more importantly, great people to LARP with.

We are a boffer larp and some members have traditional plumbing supply weapons built to rule book standards and others chose to use modern latex weapons.  A browse through our gallery will help you check out the "in-game" perspective and full atmosphere at KR.  www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=202   Suggestions for latex weapons are vast.  There are usually vendors that sell for reasonable prices at our events or vendors you may purchase from online such as ironliege.com/ .

It may be possible for a weapon to be lent to you, but why not NPC your first event.  Then we will provide you with costuming and weapons for any NPC role and you get familiar with the rules in the process.  Once you are comfortable, you could buy or make one suitable to the PC class you decide to play.  www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...view&id=49&Itemid=62

Feel free to post a few rules questions in the rules boards and I am sure that with a little help from us, you will be fine.  We look forward to having you give us a chance.

Joe

-Brother Knight Templar Sabatheous Tellinghast-
Knight Templar of the Order of the Brilliant Hammer
Holy Inquisitor of the Church of Kormyre

Crudelius est quam mori semper timere mortem

"Nothing is ever forgotten"

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
Last edit: 01 Mar 2009 23:55 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds