Hullo!

• Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
14 Apr 2009 17:57 #1 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Hullo! was created by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Hi, I'm Cassie, and I played the Londwynian that was hanging around the rowdy new Celt boys all weekend :)

It was really a pleasure to meet everyone; this is the first time I've done such an immersive LARP and the scope was breathtaking. All of us are really looking forward to the next event and were barely home before we started planning for May. In all honesty I was worried that as a non-combative character I would have difficulty finding things to do, but I was so wrong, and glad of it! A big thank you to everyone running KR and all the players who interacted with us who made it so easy to integrate ourselves into the game from the very start.

Fair warning, though - everyone and everything was so much fun, we're bringing twice as many people next time ;-) Just when you thought our group couldn't get any louder...

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • reona_amira
  • Hips Don't Lie
  • Thank Yous: 0
14 Apr 2009 18:09 #2 by reona_amira (reona kumagai)
Replied by reona_amira (reona kumagai) on topic Hullo!
Hey,

I don't think our characters interacted too much but we got to chat a little after game off :D

Will I see you at the may event? <3

Amira Marhanna, Belly Dancer

OOG : Reona Kumagai
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
14 Apr 2009 19:10 #3 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Hullo!
Hi! I do remember talking with you after game was over. I look forward to IG interaction as well next time. I will be at the May event, so I will see you there!

----

----
14 Apr 2009 19:29 #4 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Hullo!
I didn't see you guys at all during the last event, or hear your rowdiness!!! Are you sure you were there!  Besides, anyone with two first names is suspicious! Cassie Stanley.. which is it?

:-)  I'm glad you'll be at the next event!  Wish I was there at this one to see you guys in!  I think it'll be interesting for you guys (who know me as Lovious) to see me as Father Osred.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
14 Apr 2009 20:28 #5 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Hullo!
Your calculating mind tearing Carlos's tarot reading apart was a great RP sight to see! And the glares I got when I was serving dinner and you asked for something civilized and I said we didn't have it or you'd have to deal or something of the ilk was also great!

Welcome and glad to see you!

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
15 Apr 2009 10:48 #6 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Hullo!
It was great to have you and your whole crew out. And as glad as we are that you all seem to have had fun, a fresh set of eyes can be a huge help for making things even better. If you or anyone else that reads this has comments or feedback, we have an "Event Recap Form" on the navigation bar to the left under "Resources." There you can let us know how your event went and what you are looking to do, etc. We are always grateful for any feedback as it only helps us provide a better play experience.

If you or any of the rest of your crew need help weeding through the website or rulebook or have any questions, feel free to post them up on the boards here or to shoot me an email directly at

We can't wait to see you guys come back in force!

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
21 Apr 2009 15:13 #7 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Hullo!
Mike, I can't wait to see you as Father Osred. The lot of us over here are so used to seeing you as Lovious, we can't wrap our heads around it ;-)

Kate, I don't even remember glaring, though I do remember the tarot session. I guess that's a mark of being surrounded by such great role-players - it makes it so easy to totally immerse yourself in your character, to the point of doing things IG without even thinking about it.

Brendan, I will *try* and get the boys to fill out the form. Should I also try and get them to fill out character histories as well?

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome :) Can't wait for May!

----

----
  • Orucles
23 Apr 2009 17:10 #8 by Orucles (Orucles)
Replied by Orucles (Orucles) on topic Hullo!
Hi Everyone! I'm brand new to this, haven't even been to an event yet... but regardless I've a feeling I'm going to have a great time! I won't be at the any of the May events, but i will most likely be at the June 5th event. I won't be able to have a combative role IG 'till next February, but it'll give me shot to learn the ropes. I'll be a Hobbit named Orucles Shortblade (Ora-Cleese) , so look for me if you need a quick chat. Fare Thee Well. ;D

If light travels on forever, and extinguishes the darkness, tell me why darkness is always waiting for more?~Orucles Shortblade
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
24 Apr 2009 07:09 #9 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Hullo!
You listed your age as 14.  Unless there is another reason, that is combat legal.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Orucles
24 Apr 2009 10:03 #10 by Orucles (Orucles)
But the rules & regulations said ages 10-14 were not allowed to have a combat role, unless they changed it.

If light travels on forever, and extinguishes the darkness, tell me why darkness is always waiting for more?~Orucles Shortblade
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
24 Apr 2009 11:47 #11 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Hullo!
Hmmm perhaps it is worded incorrectly. I will look into it.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Orucles
24 Apr 2009 19:29 #12 by Orucles (Orucles)
Well, it says BETWEEN ages 10-14, so does that mean 10, 11, 12, and 13 year-olds? Oh, and I found that under General Policies.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds