Age limit

• Satherin
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Apr 2009 16:56 #1 by Satherin (Satherin)
Age limit was created by Satherin (Satherin)
I've been looking for a place that allows 14 of age and finally found one! I'm almost 15 so i can join the combat LARP (which is what I'm looking for). I want to see what the game is like in person so the only thing i want to know is , what do the teens/kids from ages of 10-14 do? i couldn't find that info. on the website and wanted know because it says they arent allowed to be in any combat situation? ( I'm not one of those immature brats that cant keep serous. I've also had 3years of drama so I'm used to acting! Also have 3 older brothers so I'm used to getting beet on).

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!(sorry if this is in the wrong forum  :-\)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Apr 2009 17:26 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Age limit
Those too young for combat often hae professions that keep them involved in other ways, such as priests, Mages, and healers.  Others take the Rogue path.  Mages and priests have a great deal of "firepower" depending on the circumstances.

Other things those not old enough for combat can do is acquire the skills listed on the combat class.  Just because one cannot fight does not keep one from becoming a warrior.  When one reaches comjbat age, they often step up fully "grown" mush like Athena.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
28 Apr 2009 17:41 #3 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Age limit
I moved your topic over to the right place for you.  ;)

The short answer is that they do the same thing as everyone else. They create characters, learn and use skills as well as participate in the story of the weekend per normal. The only exception to this is in the combat scenarios they cannot strike or be struck physically. There are detailed rules about interacting with non-combat characters in our online rulebook that explain how damage and skills apply to such players. You may want to look into that if you are curious.

Also, take a look at our forum rules. You must put at least part of your real name (for example in your signature) when you post on these boards. You do /not/ need to put your full name as after all this is the internet. It is a commonly missed thing for new posters.

Let us know if you have any other questions though. We are here to help.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 May 2009 08:39 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Age limit
To clarify, Non-Combat is Ages 10 to 13, Ages 14+ is combat-ready.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds