A Few Questions...

• Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
29 Apr 2009 16:41 #1 by Chris G. (Cross)
A Few Questions... was created by Chris G. (Cross)
Hello,

My name is Chris, and to date I have only attended two Knight Realms events.  I played a Gypsy Wild Mage during the last event.

After finally sitting down and doing a lot of heavy reading into the site as well as past questions asked I have come up with a concept I can really get behind and a fairly simply history.

My question comes as followed.

I know that to Multiclass will cost you (10) build, and you must stick to the classes allowed via your Race.  Your starting profession must be off the Starting Profession list, and as long as you do not pick a Penalized Profession (15 build instead of 10) or a Restricted Profession (not allowed) you are generally good to go for 10 build.

I know that you can spend up to 13 build when first creating your character.  (10 Starting + 200SP Conversion + Donation of $10)

My question is that if I plan on NPCing several events to build up sufficient build for my character to come in with a solid foot in the door as it were, what are the available venues for learning skills?

For instance.
Chris plays a Healer Alchemist.  During his first ever event he donates spellpackets and buys his +1 build.  He creates his character as a Healer with zero skills and an Alchemist with 3 build spent in the chart.  He pays to PC the event though opts to NPC the entire time.  He earns a total of 6 Build during his first event.

During his second event is does the same, pays to PC the event though opts to NPC the entire time.  He still has a decent amount of Service Points and during this event he earns 9 Build.  He now has 15 extra build saved up.

He comes a third event and this time he pays to PC though opts to NPC for all but a few minutes of the event.  He does this so that he can learn skills before coming to a full event so when his PC arrives it appears as if he was a Healer Alchemist of exceptional skill to a first time Alchemist.

Is this possible?  Or does all skill learning have to be performed in the play area by a capable teacher under the general rules of learning?

I hope that my example was a sufficient explination.

Also -- Who is the person I PM if I want to ask a more personal question concerning my character or character plot ideas?

Thank you!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
29 Apr 2009 17:34 #2 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic A Few Questions...
It seems like you have a very solid grasp on how the rules work, which makes my job a lot easier! So here is the short answer, any build you want to spend, after the build you spent on your starting skills, must conform to the standard learning rules. That means that when you have all of that banked build you then need a teacher to teach you all of those new skills.

There are a number of ways that this can be played off though, particularly for an Alchemist. If your character concept is based around the idea that you were a proficient alchemist then perhaps you simply lost your detailed notes during your journey to Travance. Learning is more seeking out a professional courtesy than true education and mechanically fits right into our rules. That is just one example of how it can be worked around.

Also for questions about starting your character or the like, you can use me as your first stop. If there is someone in particular other than me that you end up needing to talk to, I can direct you to them. You can either PM me or shoot an email to I check both.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
29 Apr 2009 19:38 #3 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic A Few Questions...
Thank you for your quick response, I sent a PM.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds