Spell Packet Donations...

• Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
01 May 2009 11:44 #1 by Chris G. (Cross)
Spell Packet Donations... was created by Chris G. (Cross)
I saw under Events & Logistics -> Service Points: Earning SP & Needed Donations that Spellpackets are on the list of things constantly accepted for donation.

My question is... is there a ratio for Spell Packet to Service Point or is it all taken on a case-by-case?

Thank you very much!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
01 May 2009 23:56 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Spell Packet Donations...
Follow the basic Service Point Conversion Rubric - the SP you get is determined by adding up the hours and money you spent on them.  Bring reciepts for the money, and staff will take you're word on the hours it took - just be honest, as the time they took to make will obviously need to be reasonably proportionate to the quantity donated. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
02 May 2009 20:56 - 02 May 2009 20:58 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Spell Packet Donations...
It is possible to determine the vale in SP in a formulaic manner  if you keep a few things in mind.

I stuff mine with cracked corn which I buy 50# at a time (we also use it to feed the birds during the winter, along with sunflower seeds), as it is the least expensive of the permissible fillers.

1 - Depending on where and when you buy it, the cost is around 20 cents a pound.  Weigh a pound of finished products and multiply by .2  and divide by the number of packets to get the filler value.  The weight of the bindings and cloth is negligible.

2 - One gets 36 packets per square yard of material, not counting wastage.  I use the cheap stuff, that never costs more than $2 per yard, often $1 to $1.50.

3 Determine how many you can make in a steady 50 minutes to an hour of work (I never work steady, but rather cut the material during non-Tivo commercials and put the packets together while watching TV.  It does not matter how long it actually takes, because I know how many I would cut and make in around an hour straight through).

Once you have your material and labor costs per unit, the rest is easy.

I also bring them in Plastic storage, from kitty litter, pretzel, and rice containers.  James found out that if corn is stored in cloth inside cardboard, all one has to show the next month is fat rodents.  I bring back my empties and refill them.

I can do 400 packets for around 2000SP.  The game went through 200 before main mod last Event, so I plan on bringing double that this time.  There is a lot of SP to be earned during commercials. :)

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 02 May 2009 20:58 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds