Hello

• Valdata
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 May 2009 23:11 - 06 May 2009 23:18 #1 by Valdata (Valdata)
Hello was created by Valdata (Valdata)
Hi everyone, my name is Megan and I'm really interested in attending the June event. I haven't really done anything like this before but I know a few people who go to these events and it sounds like a lot of fun. I have played table-top role playing games and I'm apart of a medieval re-enactment society, but I haven't really developed the acting sides of those two hobbies. I had a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to again. I have seen different colored headbands mentioned, but could someone show me where they are explained? Also, for making boffer weapons, is there a place to find pictures of the materials used? In the tutorial, do they mean that you can not use the gray Frost King stuff? And could I use two layers of 3/8" thickness instead of one layer of 5/8" thickness? Thank you in advance and sorry for all the questions.  :)

OOG: Megan
Last edit: 06 May 2009 23:18 by .
06 May 2009 23:16 #2 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Hello
Hello, just wanted to say welcome to the site and the game. Everyone is very friendly and I'm sure you'll have a great time when you make it out. It's a great game.  :D

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
07 May 2009 00:10 #3 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic Hello
Hi Megan,

Welcome to our merry little group.  The people on the site will help you with any questions that you may have.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
07 May 2009 07:28 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Hello
Hello!

The Headbands are explained here: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...ew&id=227&Itemid=108

Foam King brand insulation is fine - it's what I use for most of my projects. :)  Pictures are something on my to-do list in a few months, to add to the website.

As for the 3/8 question - we have a basic rule that we can't guarantee if something will work until we see it in person.  In theory, yes, it should be safe.  Keep in mind if you try this, there will be a large gap where the second layer of foam wraps around the first, since the inside diameter is much larger - you may need several pieces for complete coverage.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Valdata
07 May 2009 11:28 - 08 May 2009 01:22 #5 by Valdata (Valdata)
Replied by Valdata (Valdata) on topic Hello
Thank you for showing me where the headbands are, I couldn't remember where they were.

I do make padded rattan weapons and I do know how to appropriately cover the gaps. I was just wondering If I could use the same technique. I am planning on making a staff.

And another quick question, under the Racial Skill list of a race, there are abilities with numbers next to them. Does this mean at level 1, you get the ability with a 1 next to it? Thank you.

Last edit: 08 May 2009 01:22 by .
07 May 2009 15:45 #6 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Hello
The numbers next to the skills are the cost in Build Points to purchase the use of that skill. Unlike skills purchased off of your Profession list, a Racial skill can only be purchased once.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • Valdata
07 May 2009 15:57 #7 by Valdata (Valdata)
Replied by Valdata (Valdata) on topic Hello
Thank you.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds