character history

17 Jun 2009 20:05 #1 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
character history was created by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
I am in the process of coming up with a story for my character. I have me childhood so far and I know I am adding asguard in this because I am joining them. But i would like some comments on what I have so far. Here it is

     I was a farmers son, as were all generations of my family, as I thought i'd be as well... but i was wrong. One summers night after harvesting all day with my father I sat down to dinner with my family. I had my father, my mother, my sister Lulu, and my dog Vadlir. I happend to be 5 at the time, and my father was taking me out daily to show me how to harvest and said that one day, one day soon all this would be mine. I beamed at the idea of even being an ounce of what my father was, and having the farm as my own had me one step closer to it. But as I was saying my father at dinner was bragging to my mother, Lulu, and me about how bountiful the harvest was this year and how rich we'll be once he sells it all to the local traders. He talked about a new home, a new job, a new life. I could only think about the farm but my father reassured me that we would keep the farm, after all, it did bring us this fortune, and we can't be the last generation to farm! He went on and on and i had to use the outhouse so i excused myself from the table.
When i walked outside it was dark, but I had no idea how dark the night would actually be. When I got to the outhouse I heard a whisper, then a snicker, then an evil roar of laughter. I looked out the window and saw shapes forming in the field from the dark cover of the woods. It was only when they reached the dim light coming from the farm did I realize that they were Orcs. Then I knew what was happening, I could only listen as I heard the screams of terror coming from my family. Vadlir was first, I could hear his growling to protect his family, he was always a good dog. Then was my mother, I could hear her cut off older scream. Then Lulu, I could hear her higher pitched scream. Last was my father, he did not scream, the only thing I heard and the last thing he said was "Ambrose run!" I hid at the bottom of that outhouse until i knew that they were gone. I didn't think it could get any worse, I was wrong again. When I came back up I was horrified. My home was in flames! Not only did those dirty filthy Orcs kill my family, They burn't my home down and left me with no bodies to morn over! That house was mine! It was the last thing I had of my familes! The farm was destroyed! I fell to my knees and cried in front of the fire for what seemed like years and years, then the sun came up, and i cried by the ashes.
I don't know how long I was crying there for it could have been minutes, hours, days, all I know is that someone interupted me. I looked up to see a figure in fur with a very saddened grim look on his face. He adressed me with "What happened here?" and just turned back around and took a handful of ashes and let them slip through my fingers. The man asked me "Was this your home?" Tears welled up in my eyes and he knew what the answer was.

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
17 Jun 2009 23:42 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic character history
Ya that's good! .. whenever you feel its finished, just e-mail it to:

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
18 Jun 2009 12:22 #3 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic character history
I finished it and have sent it to you =)

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Jun 2009 17:55 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic character history
Maybe James will take this opportunity to update the "Approved Character History" list.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
05 Jul 2009 11:49 #5 by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
Replied by Leon Kobal (Garuk) on topic character history
Sweet story cody!

IG:Leon Kobal
OOG:Patrick Spillman
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds