My charcters story...

05 Jul 2009 11:42 #1 by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
My charcters story... was created by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
Well I'm new to Knight Realms I haven't been able to go to any events yet but I'm planning to be a Goblin Buccaneer. Here is the story I'm thinking of doing.

My name is Garuk I once lived in a small Orc village sometimes working the docks and bringing in luggage to the local shops. When one day I saw the village chief and his wife walking threw the village. His wife was a beautiful being and I had to talk to her and try my luck. I went to talk to his wife when the chief wasn't looking. I started talking to her and she took interest in me. For the next few weeks we talked and engaged in a secret relationship...until the chief found out.

The chief was furious with me and threw me in the dungeons I was in there for what seemed like months until one day. The chief made me a slave on one of his pirate ships. Everyone on the ship was terrible to me except one goblin his name was Horroc. Horroc was a good person he taught me how to fight in secret and he trained me while everyone else on the ship made me slave and do work all day long.

One day the captain of the ship found out that Horroc was training me he thought we were planning a mutiny. So one day we left the ship to go exploring I didn't know why I thought we were just going to salvage for some food. But when we got to a cave the captain and crew killed Horroc and beat me terribly and left me to die.

But just when I was hanging on life and death I saw someone approaching me his name was Oakroot. (He is my real life friend who has a druid character)  The kind druid healed me wounds and now I never leave his side he is a noble man and I would be willing to die for him. I know a lot of people will hate me for my race but I have sworn that I will kill all goblins and orcs until I find the crew that killed Horroc...

Well that's my story tell me how you like it I'm kind of hoping I wont get killed for being a goblin in like two seconds that's why I'm having oakroot be like my protector basically so if anyone attacks me he'll say the goblin is with me and hopefully they'll trust him because he is a druid.

IG:Leon Kobal
OOG:Patrick Spillman
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
05 Jul 2009 20:07 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic My charcters story...
Hello Hello and welcome!

Great to see someone else take up the green make up! (Five years and counting!)

Interesting story and great way to tie it into another player's!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
06 Jul 2009 11:48 #3 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic My charcters story...
Hey there,

I have two things for you that will get you rolling the first is a link to the instructions on how to submit your back story for approval: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...mid=199&topic=1115.0

The other is a small request. We have a rule here on this forum about putting at least part of your real name in the signature of your posts. Just a first name is fine; this is the internet after all. This will help everyone be able to put a name to a face once we get to meet you at an event.

Other than that, you are looking good and if there is anything else we can help with to get you rolling, just let us know.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
06 Jul 2009 19:40 #4 by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
Replied by Leon Kobal (Garuk) on topic My charcters story...
o ok sorry didnt know that

~Pat

06 Jul 2009 23:45 - 07 Jul 2009 00:01 #5 by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
O ok thanks for the confidence. My friend told me sometimes when people see someone with green skin all you see is a bum rush on the goblin and all you hear is 2 damage 2 damage.

~Pat

Last edit: 07 Jul 2009 00:01 by .
  • Naturi Quiver
  • They'll get what they deserve.. trust me.
  • Thank Yous: 0
07 Jul 2009 01:21 - 07 Jul 2009 01:27 #6 by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver)
Replied by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver) on topic My charcters story...
(OOG: you need to describe that you are going to kill all evil/ demon/ bad goblins and orcs. not all because they will kill you. u made it as if Brik B. and the rest of the good goblins will die to your blade because u make it as if they killed your friend and left you there.)

now as a ranger of the forest and of travance, i will help you avenge your friend and defeat the evil within that ship. the only questions are, do you think killing them is right? do you think that this will help you gety over the death of your friend?

i am soon going back to travance to meet some new and old faces. if you meet me there either August 14th or September 25th, we will speak and talk about this problem.

(OOG; Pat, respond to this when you get it please)

Thank you

Dustin A. (Naturi Quiver)
Last edit: 07 Jul 2009 01:27 by .
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "Valar Morghulis"
07 Jul 2009 08:05 #7 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic My charcters story...
Hey Dustin & Pat! (And anyone else who is new and needs some clarification)  :)

I wanted to try to help you understand these boards a bit better.

This particular thread is for real life questions, answers, introductions, etc.
Not really a great place to post your character history (because you might not want everyone to know about you before you've even made it the game)
Brendan already posted the link for you to get us the character history for approval.

Also, I see Dustin; you are posting in character messages here. This is not the place for that.
We have an in-game forum where your character can write a note and tack it to the wall of the Inn. Everyone will be able to see that. But to use that privilege, you have to have attended an event; so essentially, Pat would not be able to read your message.

We also have private messaging. You can use that for IG or OOG. If you want to set up that the two of you know each other's characters, then that is the place to do it. (Since doing that on the IG forum would not really a great idea. As it would let the rest of us read your plans.)

So I hope this helps a little. Please feel free to keep asking questions, the staff and other players are all very helpful.

Welcome to Knight Realms, and we look forward to seeing you both soon!

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • They'll get what they deserve.. trust me.
05 Aug 2009 01:56 #8 by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver)
Replied by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver) on topic My charcters story...
Ok... (oog, I love the story Pat!. Good work!) You did good with this story and I hope to get to know you! (ig)

Dustin A. (Naturi Quiver)
06 Aug 2009 20:06 #9 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic My charcters story...
Pat, very nice history, I will introduce myself to you IG at the next event we are at, I do agree with Dustin though, watch your character, I know you have it pretty down but your character will take on a personality and life of its own, thats what happened to Ambrose, and now hes AMBROSE THE ANGRY BADGER OF ALL TRAVANCE! Your character might reconsider trying to kill those goblins that killed Horroc, instead you might want to have them put on trail for their bad deeds. Just don't jump to conclusions about how your character is deffenatly going to act.

From,
your good friend Cody ;)

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
06 Aug 2009 20:45 #10 by Leon Kobal (Garuk)
Ya i edited it a little and I'll send it to you on myspace beacuse I'm lazy and don't feel like posting it again

~Pat S.

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Aug 2009 20:51 #11 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic My charcters story...
Hey guys,

You may want to consider NOT sharing your backstory!

The entire point of Knight Realms is to role-play.  Telling someone your story ahead of time ruins the fun of that.

Imagine walking into the first Harry Potter movie, and getting someone who tells you the entire series before the opening scene.  They just ruined 7 movies for you.  (Well, 8, if they split the last book like they are talking about doing.)  The same thing applies here - you're ruining the game for yourself, and other people.

One of the best parts about KR is getting to meet other people's characters, and discovering things In-Game.  I know Wolfgar is a Barbarian, because of the clothes he wears.  I don't know what tribe, or what class, what religion, or if he'll like me or hate me.  And I won't know until I actually Role-Play with him and discover it - which is the point of Knight Realms.

Find it all out (or tell it) In-Game - it's much more fun that way!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.576 seconds