Just a Few Questions.

• Tagriel
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Jul 2009 23:07 - 09 Jul 2009 22:21 #1 by Tagriel (Tagriel)
Just a Few Questions. was created by Tagriel (Tagriel)
Hello, My name is Jeff, I kind of new to all of this. I have been looking over the website for the better part of two months now, as I thought best to read as much as I can before I asked any questions. I'm currently in the process of making a character and a background to one day play at KR. And of course in the process of creating this character I had a few question I needed to ask.

1. Is it possible to be a celt that does not follow the Scottish culture that the celts seem to be based off. Like maybe a celt thats based for the Irish celtic tribes or even the lower britain celts like the Iceni or the Dobunni Tribes. (so a celt minus the kilt, and the clan system?) or is that the only way that a celt can be played?

2. How much leeway does one have when writing a back history for their character?  Like... Can I make up a small village that my character is from and have that village be from anywhere in Arawyn (west side of the rift of course and in respect to general  race location).

Well thats all the questions that I have at the moment, But I'm sure I'll have more here soon.....lol..

Thanks for the help
Jeff

OOC:
Jeff Gorski
Last edit: 09 Jul 2009 22:21 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 Jul 2009 00:45 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Just a Few Questions.
I cannot answer for KR, but the Scots and the Irish are all descended from the same "nation" of invaders. 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Tagriel
10 Jul 2009 01:34 #3 by Tagriel (Tagriel)
Replied by Tagriel (Tagriel) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Oh in deed, but it all depends on how far you go down the time line. the Scots are Irish celts that invaded the islands inbetween Erie and Britain and soon conquered the whole northern part of Britain defeting the Picts around 850. the two different groups united and their cultures mixed. it's because of this that sets the Scot and the Irish apart. though they have the same background of being Celtic they have different cultures to a point because of the Caledonian culture joining with the scots.  ;D .... 

OOC:
Jeff Gorski
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
10 Jul 2009 07:22 - 10 Jul 2009 07:53 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Hi Jeff and welcome!  Here are some answers to your questions:

1.  To play a member of the Celt race one must follow all of the racial roleplay requirements set forth in the race rules.  Keep in mind that while the race is based off a historical group of peoples, this is not a historical game and what has occured in the real world often does not translate over directly (if at all).  Please feel free to personally draw on these other groups to add to your own roleplay, but only so far as they do not conflict with the rules already set forth.  

2. Anywhere in Arawyn is a very broad statement.  It is completely allowed for players to create their own small hamlet or settlement from which they came, but it would be just that - a very small village that would have no substantial impact on the gameworld, for continuity 's sake.  It would not be far fetched for a race to have a small settlement in an area of land belonging to a race their kind is friendly with.  Any departures like this, however, must be approved before playing the character by submitting one's character history and recieving a go ahead from the appropriate persons.  

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2009 07:53 by .
  • Tagriel
12 Jul 2009 20:33 #5 by Tagriel (Tagriel)
Thank you, this helps me alot... I look foward to coming out to event soon. Also,  If anyone has helpful advice that they might want to send my way when making a first character for this style of gaming i would  appreciate it.... thanks again..

OOC:
Jeff Gorski
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
13 Jul 2009 17:55 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Hey Jeff,

The "New Players" section has a wealth of useful information about making your first PC, as well as what to expect at your first game.  Don't be afraid to read it all - that's exactly why it's there!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Tagriel
27 Jul 2009 17:40 #7 by Tagriel (Tagriel)
Thanks again for all the help, but I have just one more question... Reading the racial benefits with barbarians I see that it says they begin with 8 BP, I take it that it means 8 Body Points and not Build Points?

OOC:
Jeff Gorski
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
27 Jul 2009 19:43 - 28 Jul 2009 10:00 #8 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Yup!  Everybody starts with the same build that they can initially spend when creating a character, but you are correct in saying that Barbarians start with 8 Body instead of the "normal" 4.

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

Last edit: 28 Jul 2009 10:00 by .
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
27 Jul 2009 20:08 #9 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Cy, you are NOT correct.  Please do not answer questions unless you are a Marahal.

Barbarians start with 8 Body, not Build.  Build will always be spelled out, while Body can be abbreviated "BP."

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
27 Jul 2009 22:36 #10 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Whoa!!!  I just re-read my post and that was a totally huge typo on my part.  I did mean to say the correct answer.  Deeply deepy sorry  :-[

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
28 Jul 2009 10:01 #11 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Just a Few Questions.
Yeah its obvious that Cy meant to say Body so I edited his post to reflect that. Either way, intention or not players should avoid answering rules questions unless they directly quote the rulebook.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds