Hello

21 Aug 2009 00:18 #1 by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
Hello was created by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
Well after spending some time going over the sight, and seeing other new people coming out and indroducing themselves it time for me as well.

My name is Steven, I am a friend of Gus,I have been larping since...I was 16, also do American Rev Re-enacting. Plan on being a celt, so if anyone can give me some extra info that prove helpful in creating a background I would much appreciate it gratly.

NE PARCAS NEC SPERNAS
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
21 Aug 2009 02:05 #2 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Hello
Hey it's my friend Steve!  I don't play a celt..... so I'll just say welcome to the forums! :)

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
21 Aug 2009 08:44 #3 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Hello
Welcome to the forums Steve!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 Aug 2009 12:42 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Hello
Which Regiment and do you serve King or the People?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
21 Aug 2009 12:53 #5 by The Bastard (The Bastard)
Replied by The Bastard (The Bastard) on topic Hello
Since I haven't actually played, much less as a Celt, but one of my first character concepts was a Celt, and my buddy Josh and fiance are Celts. I kinda imagined them as Soccer Hooligan-esque. They're very proud, but very loud, and if a Celt walks into a room, you'll know it because all the other Celts in the place erupt into greetings and hugs.

From what the website says, it gives you the feeling they have a strong passion for honor (even if it's a simple challenge, I doubt they'll ever turn it down because, well, that's who they are! So many things might be a competition for you), family (and their Clan, more specifically!), and drink (they're the 2nd best race at holding their booze, along with Barbarians and Dwarves, beneath only the legendary Satyr).

Now how you APPLY that, is up to you. Is he a frat-boy type character with the others of his clan/profession? Is he a legendary leader (William-Wallace type)? Or something else?

Remember, though, if you want to mimic something in making your character, be sure to shape it and mold it into something that is your own! Oh yeah, and welcome! I'm new, too.

(and now all the other can rabble and tell me how I'm wrong  :o )

"Justice denied anywhere diminishes Justice everywhere"-MLK Jr.

(OOG: Tim Hale)

"Justice is the bread of any nation; it is always hungry for it." - François R. Chateaubriand
21 Aug 2009 19:56 #6 by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
Replied by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont) on topic Hello
Thanks for the welcomes :), I know the gist of the celt idea, but looking for more info that a celt might know in the local aspect of things.

I am a loyal son of his Majesty King George the III, and proud member of his Majesty's First Regiment of Foot Guards Kings Company (Grenadier).

LoL little dramactic but it works.

NE PARCAS NEC SPERNAS
23 Aug 2009 17:39 #7 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Replied by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar) on topic Hello
11 Pennsylvania Regiment here! I might have fought you sometime in the recent past! Anyway I play a Celt in this crazy game and I assure you, as others have told you or at least inferred, that the type of Celt you play is entirely up to you. My friend Gene plays a loud and crude wanna be hero who looks death in the eye and laughs, no matter what. I play a more introspective Celt, a older man who's primary concerns are the health and well being of his family. Those two extremes exist as well as everything in between. Your class can have some bearing on how you play your character, you history, and most importantly (atleast i feel) your interactions with others in the game and how they impact your character. For me, a lot of my character gets worked out as I give it a test run, you may come into the game thinking that you want to be a quiet druid who spends much time contemplating nature and your place within it, but then see five or six Celts and dwarves drinking in the bar, singing and dancing and decide that you want to do that too. So suddenly your character develops a quirk that every time he drinks he loses sight of his meditation and falls prey to the stereotype of his people. Whatever you do more power to you.

If you want any more info or just to chat about what being a celt is like throw me a PM.

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
  • Brother Bear
  • Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas
  • Thank Yous: 0
23 Aug 2009 18:02 #8 by Brother Bear (runebound)
Replied by Brother Bear (runebound) on topic Hello
I was going to do a long post but frank covered everything. the best advice i can give you is what frank said the back story and social interaction of your character really help shape the mold. what i like to do is  practice in a mirror the mannerisms and facial expressions i would like to gather for my character and have  mock conversations with my self in the mirror to get the personality down. of course all this might change when you start interacting with people but at lest it helps.

Brother Collin McBane
Elder of clan McBane
Cleric of Gaia and preserver of life
Druid and guardian of Arawyn

IG:Josh Yoder
23 Aug 2009 18:04 #9 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Hello
To add on to what Frank/Collin said, that is true with any character you play, quirks make your character more real. The most important thing is to have fun with it. I play a gypsy who is celt by birth, and thats about as far as her celt-nature goes, but she is trying... sorta.

Welcome to the game, hope to meet you in September!

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Aug 2009 21:09 #10 by geezer (geezer)
Will I see you Gentlemen at either Brandywine or Germantown this September or October?  I do not think HM regiment was there, but my memory dims over the centuries.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

23 Aug 2009 21:40 #11 by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
thanks for the info will help alot :), Iam not sure if we are attending those event this year, i know we will be at Fort Ti in september. And i know we have a few other things planed for the end of the year just not sure what. I will hopefully be at the ooc get together as well as the september event.

NE PARCAS NEC SPERNAS
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2009 08:16 #12 by geezer (geezer)
When at Ticonderoga.  It is one of my favorite small visits.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

27 Aug 2009 19:44 #13 by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
Ti is the 2nd weekend of september 11-23

NE PARCAS NEC SPERNAS
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 2009 20:08 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Our 23rd anniversary.  I don't know if we have plans...

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

27 Aug 2009 22:03 #15 by Argus Lamont (Argus Lamont)
ahh wekk happy early anniversary

NE PARCAS NEC SPERNAS
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds