About the September event:

28 Aug 2009 01:46 #1 by The Bastard (The Bastard)
About the September event: was created by The Bastard (The Bastard)
So I've decided that I'll be attending the next two events, but for my first event I was hoping to NPC the whole time (you know, get a feel for things in an official way, plus, I'll love contributing and meeting new people that way, even if I'm just cannon fodder for that weekend's storyline!).

But I had a question in all of this, too! My girlfriend wishes to attend as well, but more in a background sort of way. She's expressed a desire to just hang back and take pictures (I showed her the guidelines for photography on the site, but if there are any others I'll double-check before the weekend, and triple-check with logistics when we get there).

So how can she go about this? Can she sign up as an NPC for the whole weekend, but dedicate some of that to taking pictures? Can she just fill in a shift or two and take pictures the rest of the time? Will she have to NPC at all? It's worth mentioning that she's not familiar with the battle system at all, but she's aware that she can wear a white headband while taking pictures, or a green headband if she plays an NPC, and she's used to being in character if she's given a role. She'll be more than glad to send the pictures to you guys, so you can have your pick of the litter, and maybe do a video or two (her camera can do that).

So to sum it up: She doesn't plan on making a specific character and would rather snap photos the majority of the time, or work in the background a little, but isn't afraid of taking an NPC shift or two. So would she be able to attend for free, or at a reduced rate? Or is this even something you guys would be okay with (or should I just suggest that she get her jollies at Ren Faire instead  :D ).

Thanks for any and all answers! (and, of course, being given an e-mail of someone I can formally ask would be much appreciated, too...)

"Justice denied anywhere diminishes Justice everywhere"-MLK Jr.

(OOG: Tim Hale)

"Justice is the bread of any nation; it is always hungry for it." - François R. Chateaubriand
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
28 Aug 2009 08:23 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic About the September event:
Go ahead and shoot me a PM and we will talk about it.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds