Basic Game questions

05 Sep 2009 18:05 - 05 Sep 2009 18:06 #1 by Panda farts (Panda farts)
Basic Game questions was created by Panda farts (Panda farts)
Hello all.  I've been looking at your game here I would have to say I'm impressed.  I was wondering how may people on average attend your events?

Bryan R. Hettinga
Last edit: 05 Sep 2009 18:06 by .
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
05 Sep 2009 21:56 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Basic Game questions
We typically average around 90-100 players, although that number can dip as low as 50-75 during the coldest winter events and spike as high as 120 (or more)  occasionally during the warmer summer months.  The numbers have been steadily increasing over the last 2 years as well, and my estimate might be under what we've actually been averaging in the last 4-6 months. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
05 Sep 2009 22:16 #3 by Panda farts (Panda farts)
Replied by Panda farts (Panda farts) on topic Basic Game questions
Again very impressive.  I have played two other LARPs and both (IMHO) seem to be more male dominated.  In KR it seems that at least half the players are women.  Why is that?

Bryan R. Hettinga
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
05 Sep 2009 23:05 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Basic Game questions
Strangely its just been the way its worked.  I remember it was a big deal and really something to be proud of when we hit the 50/50 mark (or there abouts) some years back.  Can't really say why or how it started.  Maybe its the emphasis on RP that draws a lot more women in, or just luck.  Perhaps one of the handful that have been here consistantly from the first couple years of KR could say.  But however it started, I do know that having a larger number of women helps to attract more women - seems to make it more approachable and female-friendly. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds