Canadian Invasion

• Ali
  • Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Drummer Mad
  • Thank Yous: 36
16 Sep 2009 23:16 - 16 Sep 2009 23:37 #1 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Canadian Invasion was created by Ali (Nutmeg)
Hey there;

We'll I've finally became board with some of the larps we have here in Toronto (mind you I've been larping for 9 years now). I've tried everyone of them and only regularly attend one of them now. I found this site by accident and I thought it would be dandy to try a larp out of Country ^_^.

The only problem I have is ADD and so I find forcing myself to read the site a bit hard. Its neat that you have all the information up though! I'm quite excited. I hope I haven't missed all your events.

We have events year round here so wasn't sure if you did too. On another note it'll take me 6 hours to get there, but if I perchance drive by someones house I don't mind picking them up ^_^.

Ali 

IG: Nutmeg, Hobbit and Chef Extraordinaire
OOG: --Ali--
Last edit: 16 Sep 2009 23:37 by .
17 Sep 2009 18:24 #2 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Canadian Invasion
Hey Ali, welcome,

From my understanding (i'm rather new myself) we have events all year around. We actually have one next weekend (September 25-27) and the following weekend (October 2-4). It would be awesome for you to make one or both to try out.

I know there is a LOT of information on the site. I've been picking a tab on the side bar and reading one of the sections. Take you're time through it. I keep rereading things and asking people questions because I don't always understand things on the first try.

On the Forums there is a car pool section, feel free to either keep tabs on that section for someone needing a ride. or possibly post the way you're going and offer the ride.

Hope to see you this month or next,

Ann

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
17 Sep 2009 21:21 #3 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Canadian Invasion
Hey,

I'm from the Toronto area and I have been going down for a few years now. It's the best game by a long shot. :)

I hope we'll get to see you out soon!

Kate

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Ali
20 Dec 2009 16:02 - 20 Dec 2009 23:21 #4 by Ali (Nutmeg)
Replied by Ali (Nutmeg) on topic Canadian Invasion
Back at it lol, Now that I'm looking at the finance board and having to convert money into Canadian dollars I have another question.

It states I have to be there Thursday before game in order to pay the cheaper fee. So you guys start early Friday morning for game? I'm just thinking this logistically as it takes me 6-7 hours to drive there and I would have to book time off work -_-

Ali

Last edit: 20 Dec 2009 23:21 by .
20 Dec 2009 19:33 #5 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Canadian Invasion
That refers to paying in advance, usually by putting a check in the mail.  We are not often at camp early on friday, and the game start doesn't occur often until after 9pm.

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Ali
04 Jan 2010 18:28 #6 by Ali (Nutmeg)

SQUUEEEE!!!!!!

I'M SOOO EXCITED COUNT DOWN BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahaha ok is it bad I've been so pumped about coming to KR ahha!

Ok soooo I've larped for a long time I know roughly what I should bring. Are there any extra costume advice? Rope? ect? I made leather pants and I have my hippie tunic so I should be good there. Hmm maybe a harness or two or three. Maybe some leg pouches. Hmm a place to hold candy mwahaha who knows.

Sheepskin check, Stuff to keep me warm check, safety light check, excitement in a bag check, boots check.

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
04 Jan 2010 18:40 #7 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Canadian Invasion
Anything and everything I can think of, is listed under "New Players!" to the left - we try to make sure everything is well documented and public, so that people don't have to ask the same questions year after year. ;)  (Nothing personal - it just makes it easier on everyone if it's all explained up front!)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Ali
04 Jan 2010 21:54 #8 by Ali (Nutmeg)

Oh I know, KR just seems more garb oriented and stuff so I wasn't sure if anyone had any extra bits lol. OOOOh I have a question, How big is your currency and are they actual coins? One larp I goes to uses stones, another has printed paper money and another have actual coins made.

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
04 Jan 2010 23:07 #9 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Canadian Invasion
We use actual metal gold and silver coins that look authentic. We also use, gems, scrolls, potions, material cards, commodity cards, and other things that cycle through the in-game economy.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds