Considerations Before Joining

• andrian
  • Thank Yous: 0
04 Oct 2009 19:59 #1 by andrian (andrian)
Considerations Before Joining was created by andrian (andrian)
Hello everyone! I have a number of friends who are KR players and I am interested in possibly joining up, however, I have some concerns which I would need to have addressed before making my decision.

Most important of these is scheduling. Unfortunately, due to religious beliefs, I cannot participate in any KR events from sundown Friday night until sundown Saturday night. If I were to join, I would be ready, willing, and able to accept the natural consequence of lost playing time, however, there are other, more technical concerns I would like to address.

For example, if I were unable to make it to the new player training session, how might I compensate? What about the NPC shift? I have no problem with doing my part, but I still must consider it. What if I went to NPC for the whole event, but could not do so for the period described above? Would I still receive the same benefit as someone who had been able to NPC the entire time? If not, how might I compensate for that?

I am becoming very interested in joining and perhaps eventually creating a character with Knight Realms, but I need to know how my religious observance will affect the gameplay and how the staff will deal with these concerns.

- M i c h a e l   A.

(I hate using my real name online!)
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
08 Oct 2009 15:11 #2 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Considerations Before Joining
Hey, welcome to KR Micheal!

Most of these concerns you would need to personally work out with the Director, James.  His forum name is Gallion.

I'm sure he'd be more then willing to accomodate anyone who wants to come and play the game though, regardless of circumstances.
Like you said, the major loss of your situation is just going to be lost playing time but we still play throughout the night Saturday and usually into Sunday until about 12 noon. 
We are going to be revising the situation surrounding people who cannot attend full events and their NPC duty soon, so fear not!  Look for coming announcements on the Announcement Board for the answer to your NPC duty worries.

Hope to see you soon!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
  • andrian
08 Oct 2009 16:19 #3 by andrian (andrian)
Replied by andrian (andrian) on topic Considerations Before Joining
Thank you for the advice and information! I am really looking forward to getting started!

- M i c h a e l   A.

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
08 Oct 2009 16:50 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Considerations Before Joining
Mike,

You're welcome to abbreviate it to Michael A. if you want - that should help.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • andrian
08 Oct 2009 18:38 #5 by andrian (andrian)
Replied by andrian (andrian) on topic Considerations Before Joining
Many thanks! It makes me feel a lot more secure.

- M i c h a e l   A.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds