A question from a player looking to join KR asked me....

• Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
19 Nov 2009 16:07 #1 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
A question from a player looking to join KR asked me.... was created by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
I know a few fellas that are looking to drive up from DE, as the larp they play is waaaay far for them. I suggested KR and they might come to the December event to npc.

One asked about a race he's played and would like to emulate. Its kinda like a high elf, but he spends a ton of time researching and as such he is very pale. He uses makeup that lightens his hair, he uses powder on his face to denote lack of sun exposure and even has light contacts lenses.

Now I told him that racial rules are pretty specific and you can't in any way look like another race for the obvious confusion it would cause. I'm guessing that the powder will at the very least make people think this pale guy and his buddies (I think the other 2 or 3 guys do it too) are a different race, and not a standard high elf, and that would confuse other players. I told him I'd ask, or that he should post himself though. I don't think he wants to indicate that he's a special race, but rather that he's spent his life secluded in research and abhores sunlight as a result.

So what should I tell him and his buds?

Thx

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
19 Nov 2009 17:43 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic A question from a player looking to join KR asked me....
So they want to be High-Elves... that haven't had much sun?

Tell them to submit character histories first and we will try our best to see if its possible to accommodate their make-up desires, although no promises. Perhaps if they have a good pic of them with that make-up that may help.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
19 Nov 2009 18:42 #3 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic A question from a player looking to join KR asked me....
Sure thing, thanks James.

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds