Greetings.

• Sirides
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Nov 2009 05:58 - 24 Nov 2009 10:00 #1 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Greetings. was created by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in Iraq now, and will be returning in 3 weeks to make it in time to NPC the December event. I'm very excited to see that there is a LARP worth going to that isn't a 9 hour drive for us that are coming as a group.  We've been larping for about 4-5 years at the same LARP but feel that the drive just may be too taxing on our cars. I have much hope for this community as it looks promising that we will enjoy our time with you all.  I hope coming in a couple months to NPC will give myself and the others coming a chance to meet a lot of people, and get to understand how the game works before we decide to make our characters.  We love roleplaying and love to play with people who can appreciate a serious role and dedication to character.  I hope everyone will take the chance to meet myself and the others as this seems like a very friendly community. I'm excited to get start and I hope to see you all at the December event if everything works to plan.

Thanks

Chris

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
Last edit: 24 Nov 2009 10:00 by .
20 Nov 2009 07:40 #2 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Greetings.
We look forward to meeting all of you!!!

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Tyra Silverfang
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I eat dark god babies...
20 Nov 2009 08:34 #3 by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing)
Replied by Tyra Silverfang (Pracika Nightwing) on topic Greetings.
welcome! i hope you guys find it enjoyable! it's always nice to see new faces  ;D

"There is a difference between a hero and a coward. A Hero wakes willing to risk death. A coward wakes wishing for it."

OOG: Adi
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
20 Nov 2009 08:54 #4 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Greetings.
Hey buddy, very happy you guys are going to come down (er...up). I think you will like this game, I sure do. Great community and very intricate rules set (and a shorter drive from where you've been going heh).

As I mentioned offline, don't be shy posting here, lots of friendly people. NPCing a bit to start is a smart way to get acclimated.

Stay safe and we'll chat more via im's till you get back to the states.

Best,

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
26 Nov 2009 00:01 #5 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Greetings.
Chris,
I'd tend to agree with you--its a great group to be a part of, and I hope you find the RP as fulfilling as I have in the years I've been here. Take care till you get back, and we really look forward to meeting you.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
27 Nov 2009 15:33 #6 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Greetings.
Chris,
You sent me a PM about a costume idea and I tried to reply but I was told there is no member named Siri'des...  so I'm going to post my reply here

Just so you know, I am not a LARPer, so I am never IG, but my spouse, Charlie is, which is how I've gotten involved with KR.  He plays Fr Edwin; his screen name is Geezer.

I don't know what your costume idea is b/c I didn't get your PM, but let me give you an idea of my prices.  Quite a few folks at KR wear my garb and seem to be pretty satisfied :>)  Here's some basic prices:  all seams on all garments are smooth finished which means they should never ravel and you could more-or-less wear it inside out and not know until you tried to button or tie something.
long-sleeve shirt = $45
pants = $30
cape, long w/ hood or collar and pockets = $85
cloak (= a cape w/sleeves) = $100
  lining for cape or cloak add $25
vests range from $30 for a simple, "pheasant-style" to $50 for a "Moresca" style; reversible = add'tl; $15.
Special orders -- tell me what you want and I'll make you an offer!

My goal is to offer well-made garments to KR folk at reasonable prices.  Thanks for thinking of me.  Let me know if I can help you.  My email is

Tina Spiegel
aka Seamstress

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
  • Sirides
28 Nov 2009 01:29 #7 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Replied by Sirides (ChrisZ) on topic Greetings.
Hey Seamstress!!

Thanks for the reply on here, it apparently affected a lot of people with PMs. 

My username is ChrisZ, but I opted to change my nickname to match my characters under the profile options so it showed as Siri'des.  It possibly could be where the error is coming from.  I'll email you the special design I had in mind. 

Thanks for your response :]

Chris

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds