Hello Everyone!

• Verristel
  • Thank Yous: 0
26 Nov 2009 00:44 - 26 Nov 2009 00:47 #1 by Verristel (Verristel)
Hello Everyone! was created by Verristel (Verristel)
As my brother-in-arms stated, I am a recently returned Iraq war veteran who has been LARPing on and off for the last four to five years. When I relocated to Maryland I attempted to play another larp, but there was no emphasis on role-playing. It was definitely just a bash fest. With my schedule filled over the next few weeks, though as excited as I may be, I will not be able to attend until the January event. I have high hopes that Knight Realms will be the place that we will want to attend event after event during our time here in the north. I look forward to meeting you all in play and out.

Rick

P.S. I am in dire need of costuming, can anyone point me in the direction of the nearest seamstress? Thanks!

OOG: Rick
IG: Verristel Vael'senwe
Last edit: 26 Nov 2009 00:47 by .
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
26 Nov 2009 01:51 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Hello Everyone!
I don't know of any clothing makers in MD, but I know we have some among our ranks in the members.  Also, if you need something asap, there are online stores.  If you order from the website, Swords of Honor you can use the coupon code of "samhain09" for a 10% discount.  Hope that helps and thank you for your service overseas.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
26 Nov 2009 11:25 #3 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Hello Everyone!
Heya Rick. Get my email from Chris (or from the site here). I'll see what theme you are looking to go for and put you in touch with some that I've used over the years. I mostly have had surcoats and tunics made, so not sure if that fits your character concept. I hear there's a few people at KR who make garb (hopefully they'll chime in and you can follow-up with them on pm's), so that might work too, but its good to shop around :)

Stay safe, ciya and your group when you get back to the states and come to KR. Its not just the shorter drive you will like about this larp, its a really good one, you'll see.

MC

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
26 Nov 2009 12:05 #4 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Hello Everyone!
Hi Rick,
You are a reason why I can give thanks today, so thank you very much for your service to our country.

As you might guess from my screen name, my goal is to provide KR players well-made garments at reasonable prices.  Quite a few KR folk wear garb I have made for them and I've received no complaints yet!  Feel free to PM me for more information.

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds