Full Event NPCing

• hisk
  • Thank Yous: 0
01 Mar 2011 08:25 #1 by hisk (hisk)
Full Event NPCing was created by hisk (hisk)
I am probably going to be coming in October/November and i had a small question. Does it count as your first event in terms of changing your character in between your first and second events if you NPC the entire time? Also, how does one go about making that change?
Thanks,
Jason

we will rise again
OOG: Jason Boes
IG: Orsk Nafar [under construction]
"He just became a bloody hero or a damn fool, eh, whats the difference?"
  • hisk
01 Mar 2011 09:59 - 01 Mar 2011 10:03 #2 by hisk (hisk)
Replied by hisk (hisk) on topic Full Event NPCing
A few more questions: The rulebook says you get your first item card for armor free, do you have to have that armor at your first event? What part of the body must your armor cover to get a soak? It says only combat grade armor gets a soak but could you have combat grade shoulder pads and get a soak? The rulebook says that armor begins each event with no AP bestowed, does that mean my armor is useless, or does it mean that my armor has no extra ap?
Thanks,
Jason

we will rise again
Last edit: 01 Mar 2011 10:03 by .
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
01 Mar 2011 10:58 #3 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Full Event NPCing

Does it count as your first event in terms of changing your character in between your first and second events if you NPC the entire time?

It counts as your first Event if you pay to PC as opposed to paying to NPC. (details here: www.knightrealms.com/prices.html )

Also, how does one go about making that change?

Speak or submit your change to the Character Card Officer ()

The rulebook says you get your first item card for armor free, do you have to have that armor at your first event?

You must have the physical representation of your armor and/or with you before playing your first event so that it can be evaluated and provided a card appropriately.  If you do not have the physical representation of the armor and/or weapon you will not begin play with them and will need to acquire them In-Game.

What part of the body must your armor cover to get a soak? It says only combat grade armor gets a soak but could you have combat grade shoulder pads and get a soak?

Professional Grade armor is a piece of armor that covers a minimum of the entire torso, front and back, and is real armor made of authentic materials.  Shoulder pads, regardless of whether they are costume or professional grade, do not provide soak.

The rulebook says that armor begins each event with no AP bestowed, does that mean my armor is useless, or does it mean that my armor has no extra ap?

This means that armor has no AP (Armor Points), which, when in combat, are the points you would lose before taking Body damage.  At the beginning of an event the AP is zero and you must find someone with the appropriate skill necessary to restore the AP to your armor.  If a particular piece of armor has Soak, you are provided the benefit of the Soak regardless of whether or not the armor has AP.  (All this information can be found here: www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...le/163-smithing.html )

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
  • hisk
02 Mar 2011 11:17 #4 by hisk (hisk)
It says in the rulebook that you need to carry a character card at all times, even when you are NPCing. Does that mean i have to make a PC the first time at the door even if i am going to be only NPCing that event? or can I NPC for a few months to figure out what type of character I want to be?
Thanks,
Jason

we will rise again
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Mar 2011 11:46 #5 by Damien (Damien)

It says in the rulebook that you need to carry a character card at all times, even when you are NPCing. Does that mean i have to make a PC the first time at the door even if i am going to be only NPCing that event? or can I NPC for a few months to figure out what type of character I want to be?

Everyone who attends Knight Realms is provided a Character Card, regardless as to whether they have an active PC or not.  This card is used to record all manner of logistical information aside from just your PC's stats.  As a rule everyone must carry this card with them at all times.  However, you do not need to define your PC immediately.  In fact, there are several individuals who have, as you describe, NPC for a few months to get a feel for the game, rules, combat, etc. before defining and creating a PC.

[hr]
  • hisk
02 Mar 2011 12:22 #6 by hisk (hisk)
ok, thanks

we will rise again
  • hisk
02 Mar 2011 14:00 #7 by hisk (hisk)
So, I asked about character card format and got the answer that there is no official format. So, do you allow players to design their own cards or do you just provide one and write it down however you want? Also, what exactly do you need to get signed off on?
Thanks,
Jason

we will rise again
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
02 Mar 2011 14:08 #8 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Full Event NPCing
On your first event you will be given a card with a lot of blanks one it - with the help of a Rules marshal you will get it filled out by hand (best if you have an idea of what skills you want and such ahead of time) and at the end of the event you will turn it in to the box in Logistics, after which the character chard officer will update it into the database and print you out a nice typed version for the next event you attend.  You then turn in the card each month so that your build and skills and what not can be updated.

Every player needs to have their NPC duty signed off by the Monster marshal they do their required four hours for (or more depending on your situation), as well as get a signature or stamp for paying for the event at signin from the director, and everyone needs to have their sleeping space signed off as clean and do a camp clean-up assignment as well.  The card is also used for recording things like earned service points, role-play points, and so forth.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • hisk
02 Mar 2011 14:45 #9 by hisk (hisk)
Ok, could I create my own un-official card for the tracking of skills and such? Just for easier tracking if I don't like the format.

we will rise again
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Mar 2011 14:52 #10 by Damien (Damien)

Ok, could I create my own un-official card for the tracking of skills and such? Just for easier tracking if I don't like the format.

Yes, however keep in mind you will still need to carry the official Knight Realms Character Card on you at all times, as well as record and update the official Knight Realms Character Card with all appropriate logistical signatures and In-Game notes (such as points used, protections cast on you, skills used, etc.).  Though you can have this 'unofficial' card as a tool to help you, it does not replace the official card given to you.

[hr]
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Mar 2011 15:16 #11 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Full Event NPCing
I'm going to step in and override Damien on this one - you may NOT use your own format for the card.  The reason for this is that skill usage, buffs, debuffs, life effects, and deaths are all marked on the official card.  The presence of an unofficial card will lead to confusion if a card check is called.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
02 Mar 2011 15:33 #12 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Full Event NPCing
Just an FYI... currently, there is no way for a player to look at his/her own card in between events or get copies at the moment.  Also, there is NO copy machine/printer at the event site.  So when you get your card, you can copy it manually and take home the hand-written copy.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Mar 2011 15:37 #13 by Damien (Damien)

I'm going to step in and override Damien on this one - you may NOT use your own format for the card.  The reason for this is that skill usage, buffs, debuffs, life effects, and deaths are all marked on the official card.  The presence of an unofficial card will lead to confusion if a card check is called.

Apologies if I was not clear, Geoff.  My intention was to make it clear that, though you can record your information for yourself somewhere else, you MUST still record any and everything on you official Knight Realms Character Card first and foremost.

In any case, what Geoff said  :)

[hr]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds