Potential new player with oodles of questions

• Dr. Wilson
  • Physicians can do it all night long
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Sep 2011 12:47 #1 by Dr. Wilson (Greggor)
Potential new player with oodles of questions was created by Dr. Wilson (Greggor)
Hope its OK to post a bunch of questions at once :)

Charity event-
1.) I see that there is a charity event coming up.  Can I participate and store up sp and build if this is my first time with knightrealms? Will i need a character created to do so? (I used to play LAIRE and NERO and am looking to get back into the fun).
2.) Would this count as an event in terms of build characters get for an event (Im referring to the chart where 1st -3rd events 4 build, 4-6th events 3build etc...)  ?
3.) I assume I would need to pay the 20 annual membership fee, will i be able to do that there?
4.) From when to when would the charity event be going on friday?  I work 1/2 days on fri and may be able to participate then too.

NPC duty and NPC full time
1.) I have dogs that I can't always get a sitter for, its it acceptable to leave the game for times when I normally would be sleeping, and just sleep at home and come back?  This question actually applies to both PC and NPCing.
2.) I may not have generic NPC garb, are jeans, boots and T's ok for my first time as an NPC or should I start finding better stuff.

Build purchasing clarification
www.knightrealms.com/prices.html
I see that it says that you can only buy 1 build per event. below under "purchasing build" it says that you can purchase up to 100 build all at once or gradually. That seems to be conflicting info...

Service points
1.)Can they be purchased at a rate of $1 for 20? (I saw a chart to that effect but it wasn't explicitly spelled out)
2.) Under service points on the following page it says those who NPC an entire event get 200 SP
www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...-your-character.html
Can I assume that's old info since the 500sp + 2build is listed everywhere else.

Thank you!

-Greg

Dr. Jamus Wilson

========
OOG:
Greg Dixon
=========
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
22 Sep 2011 14:21 #2 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Potential new player with oodles of questions

Charity event-
1.) I see that there is a charity event coming up.  Can I participate and store up sp and build if this is my first time with knightrealms? Will i need a character created to do so? (I used to play LAIRE and NERO and am looking to get back into the fun).
2.) Would this count as an event in terms of build characters get for an event (Im referring to the chart where 1st -3rd events 4 build, 4-6th events 3build etc...)  ?
3.) I assume I would need to pay the 20 annual membership fee, will i be able to do that there?
4.) From when to when would the charity event be going on friday?  I work 1/2 days on fri and may be able to participate then too.

"Charity Event" actually means we're collecting money or stuff for some charity, not an actual get together. These collections happen at normal events.

NPC duty and NPC full time
1.) I have dogs that I can't always get a sitter for, its it acceptable to leave the game for times when I normally would be sleeping, and just sleep at home and come back?  This question actually applies to both PC and NPCing.
2.) I may not have generic NPC garb, are jeans, boots and T's ok for my first time as an NPC or should I start finding better stuff.

The only time you are required to stay on camp is after participating in PVP; otherwise, you are free to come and go as you please, and some players choose to go home to sleep.

If you have absolutely no costuming, please make some effort to not stand out. This means black jeans, black boots, and a black t-shirt with no logos or other markings. All of that that can be reasonably covered with NPC-Costuming. No blue jeans, please, they look terrible.

Build purchasing clarification
www.knightrealms.com/prices.html
I see that it says that you can only buy 1 build per event. below under "purchasing build" it says that you can purchase up to 100 build all at once or gradually. That seems to be conflicting info...

You can buy 1 build at check-in for $10 at each event, then on top of that you have a "pool" available of 100 build that you can buy all at once or over time.

This is somewhat made obsolete by the "pledges" wherein you can spent $250, $500 or $1000 on a chunk of build and a sweet item.

Service points
1.)Can they be purchased at a rate of $1 for 20? (I saw a chart to that effect but it wasn't explicitly spelled out)
2.) Under service points on the following page it says those who NPC an entire event get 200 SP
www.knightrealms.com/component/content/a...-your-character.html
Can I assume that's old info since the 500sp + 2build is listed everywhere else.

Service points are for donations of "stuff" or "time"; they cannot be purchased with money unless specifically stated we need it for some purpose, such as kitchen supplies. You will sometimes see a post that says "give us $20 for hot chocolate mix" in exchange for some quantity of service points. This is the only time that direct money will get you service points.

Geoff, our webmaster, will be able to take care of conflicting information on the website.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
22 Sep 2011 16:36 #3 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Potential new player with oodles of questions
We do have a few camp workday coming up at the end of the month. You don't need a character written to come help out and you can earn build as well as purchase more if you're interested as well as earn service points. Coming to the workday wouldn't count towards events attended either and it would give you a chance to meet some people and ask more questions in person. :)

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Dr. Wilson
  • Physicians can do it all night long
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Sep 2011 18:11 #4 by Dr. Wilson (Greggor)
Replied by Dr. Wilson (Greggor) on topic Potential new player with oodles of questions
Being able to help and bug people with questions was actually what I was shooting for :)  That answered my questions, Thanks for the quick responses!

-Greg

Dr. Jamus Wilson

========
OOG:
Greg Dixon
=========
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Oct 2011 20:43 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Potential new player with oodles of questions
I've updated the rulebook with the correct information (500 SP + 2 Build) - thank you for the catch!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds