Making the trek up from VA

• Nox
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Sep 2011 01:37 #1 by Nox (Nox)
Making the trek up from VA was created by Nox (Nox)
Hello all!

First off I want to say what an awesome find Knight Realms has been. I've been to my fair share of LARPS and this one has got to be the one that's put the most emphasis on in game atmosphere. I've just been blown away and it's what's convinced my sister and I to make the trek up from Virginia. We're hoping to come up for the November event to NPC and see a bit more of the game system since it's different then what we've played before and we're looking forward to it.

We just had a few questions that we weren't able to sort out after looking through the rule book or past forum posts.

Playing satyrs appeals to both of us and we were inspired by the description in the race write up of larger satyrs. The idea of playing characters with a healthy lust for life because they know that when you go into battle you might not come back is something that we could really get into. Grabbing life by the horns if you will. We've been looking at some horns that are more ram like and larger then what we've seen most characters wearing in the photo galleries. We were also thinking of getting a small prosthetic to go over the nose to give us a more goat like profile like in  'Pan's Labrinth.' Not that severe obviously, but just a little something extra, maybe with a little extra face fur to blend up with our hair. The race write up just says furry goat legs and horns, so we wanted to check how much more we could elaborate on and still have it be acceptable for a PC.

Thanks in advance for any feed back and we hope to see people in November!

OOC: Jen S
28 Sep 2011 03:49 #2 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Making the trek up from VA
Welcome!

We've been looking at some horns that are more ram like and larger then what we've seen most characters wearing in the photo galleries. We were also thinking of getting a small prosthetic to go over the nose to give us a more goat like profile like in  'Pan's Labrinth.' Not that severe obviously, but just a little something extra, maybe with a little extra face fur to blend up with our hair. The race write up just says furry goat legs and horns, so we wanted to check how much more we could elaborate on and still have it be acceptable for a PC.

Both of those things would be fine.  Most people wear the smaller horns because they're easier and more comfortable, but there's nothing saying you can't wear larger horns if you wish.  Same with the nose prosthetic.  The only requirements are furry goat legs and horns.  Anything above and beyond that is definitely welcome, as long as it doesn't take away from what you're supposed to be portraying.

Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
28 Sep 2011 12:34 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Making the trek up from VA
Cool. MORE SATYRS!!!

Anyway Welcome. My names Conor, and I portray a sylvan elf. From what I've seen it seems you guys are really interested. But if you are making your way up from Virgina can you check out this forum:

www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=8696.0&topicseen

I think they'd appriciate it. Anyway. Welcome again, and I hope you have just as much fun here as I have so far.

See you In-Game,

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
29 Sep 2011 10:10 #4 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic Making the trek up from VA
I welcome more Virginian's up at game.  I look forward to see you both at game in November.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Nox
30 Sep 2011 02:04 #5 by Nox (Nox)
Replied by Nox (Nox) on topic Making the trek up from VA
Thanks for all the feed back! We're really looking forward to coming up and getting involved. We'll certainly check out the carpooling as well, never hurts to have a few extra bucks to cover gas.

• Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
30 Sep 2011 12:14 #6 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic Making the trek up from VA
3 of us are from the DC Metro area, myself I'm in the Mountains west of DC.  But given ample notice we are all more than willing to work with you on car pooling, with enough notice of course.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Nox
04 Oct 2011 00:08 #7 by Nox (Nox)
Replied by Nox (Nox) on topic Making the trek up from VA

3 of us are from the DC Metro area, myself I'm in the Mountains west of DC.  But given ample notice we are all more than willing to work with you on car pooling, with enough notice of course.

Cool, good to know.

I had one last question (for now) about NPCing. I know that it's preferred to have basic garb (no problem there), but we wanted to know if the people doing straight NPC work are bunked apart from the in game PC's or if it's still advised to bring blankets to cover up sleeping bags. With the amount of work people put into this game we want to do what we can to blend in and I know that in a lot of campsites you only have so much room to arrange people.

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
04 Oct 2011 12:03 - 04 Oct 2011 12:04 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
"I had one last question (for now) about NPCing. I know that it's preferred to have basic garb (no problem there), but we wanted to know if the people doing straight NPC work are bunked apart from the in game PC's or if it's still advised to bring blankets to cover up sleeping bags."

In Logistics there are bunks in a second room. However I have seen NPC's sleeping in Kaladonia. (They were basically commoners, they still slept In-Game like PC's). So I guess it's up to you. I would double check with a Rules/Monster Marshal when you get to KR to make sure, but if you do stay in a tent or not, please bring a blanket(s), not only to cover up a sleeping bag, but it's going to start getting cold at nights(and some PC's might like the extra blanket for warmth any way). Also I don't know what you mean by "straight NPCing". If you mean full time then you can sleep in the second room(I've done it myself). But if your a PC on your NPC shift, you can't sleep during it.

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 04 Oct 2011 12:04 by .
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
04 Oct 2011 13:57 #9 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Making the trek up from VA

But if your a PC on your NPC shift, you can't sleep during it.

Unless you can somehow make it RP-appropriate. :P

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Oct 2011 01:12 #10 by Caelvan (Caelvan)

But if your a PC on your NPC shift, you can't sleep during it.

Unless you can somehow make it RP-appropriate. :P

True but that doesn't usually happen; does it?

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
05 Oct 2011 18:39 #11 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Making the trek up from VA
You don't PC or sleep on your NPC shift - you NPC.  Unless there's a medical reason for you to be asleep, in which case you're sleeping OOG.

If you NPC all weekend, you can sleep in the Logistics area.  If you wish to sleep in an In-Game area, you are welcome to as long as you don't disrupt atmosphere.  A good way to do this is to ask the Monster Marshal on duty if you can get an NPC card for a farmer or other commoner, and play that role as getting a room in the Inn, and going to sleep.  Note that this is an NPC role, and if you volunteer to NPC all weekend, you may NOT play you PC, even to go to sleep, or "just to learn a skill" or such.

Conor, please don't answer questions meant for the Marshals to answer.  "I have seen..." is not an appropriate answer to how the game works.  Let a Marshal answer the question.  I know you're trying to help, but in the end, you wound up causing more confusion with your answer.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds