Hi!

• Rance
  • Thank Yous: 0
19 Oct 2011 01:27 - 19 Oct 2011 01:32 #1 by Rance (Rance)
Hi! was created by Rance (Rance)
Guess I'll start off by saying that I'm absolutely terrible at introductions :-[  I'm Alex, just found out about this group recently and I guess my first event (financial gods willing) will be the Winterdark Ball which is kind of a big deal?  Still working on my character background and all that but I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna do (I like to call it asset retrieval ;)).  Just saying hi and looking for advice for a total newbie...I've done a small amount of tabletop stuff in the past but it's been a VERY long time, so I'm both excited and extremely nervous at the same time :D

-Alex

Ransom

OOG: Alex
Last edit: 19 Oct 2011 01:32 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
19 Oct 2011 11:31 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Hi!
Welcome Alex!

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any and im sure someone will be more than happy to answer them.  ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
19 Oct 2011 14:38 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Hi!
Yo what up dude.
I won't be there at the Ball but any event you can find me I enjoy meeting new players(Im only on my 4th event so Im new as well compared to some at KR.
I'm an elvan ranger, just ask around for Caelvan(In-Game). Conor (out of game). I'll help out whereever I can. As I'm sure any other player will do the same.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Rance
19 Oct 2011 16:11 #4 by Rance (Rance)
Replied by Rance (Rance) on topic Hi!

Welcome Alex!

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any and im sure someone will be more than happy to answer them.  ;)

Mostly I'm just wondering what is and isn't faux pas at the Ball, as it's a unique event and somewhat of an oddity to have as my introduction ie. I know there's no combat but I'm assuming pick pocketing, charming and the like is all fair game? ;)

Ransom

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
19 Oct 2011 16:25 #5 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Hi!
To be fair, nothing that could instigate combat... since its not allowed. If you were caught thieving, you would be reasonably arrested and removed in-game...

I wouldn't be too worried about having a good time without using skills, it should be a nice laid back in-game atmosphere and a great opportunity to make contacts in-game... even the shady kind of contacts ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
19 Oct 2011 16:32 #6 by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU)
Replied by FreeCookiesforU (FreeCookiesforU) on topic Hi!
The Moresca Ball in 2010 was the first game that I PC'ed for KR, and I have to tell you, it is a blast.

For many people, KR is all about getting to know other players, and I feel that the environment and congeniality of the ball makes this very easy for new players.

I look forward to seeing you there.

-Crispin VanDyke

Christopher K. (AKA "Ginger Guy")
  • Rance
19 Oct 2011 17:26 #7 by Rance (Rance)
Thanks for the replies, that helps a lot!  Sounds like it'll be just the right event to learn some names and get myself somewhat situated in the world.

Ransom

21 Oct 2011 15:14 #8 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic Hi!
Hey Alex,

We already met at my birthday party. Thanks again for attending that by the way. You will see me at the ball. I look different in costume, but you'll know who I am. I look forward to gaming with you.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
  • Rance
23 Oct 2011 15:50 #9 by Rance (Rance)
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who tried to come up and talk to me at the Ball.  Even if I didn't have fairly crippling social anxiety, the squabbles of the socialites aren't really my thing :-[  A ball is just an awkward place to be both for me OOG and for Rance; his childhood in Coast Haven wasn't really abusive per se but it was certainly rough and so he doesn't tend to have much on his mind except how he's gonna get his next meal (that and most renaissance-era music really annoys me and kills my mood...yes, I'm just that much of a music nerd).  And of course, a first-level character in my profession really doesn't want to be making TOO much of a name for themselves ;)  I have no problems whatsoever when it comes to talking business so I think I'll have a lot more fun at a regular event where there's work to be done, gold to be made, and no need to be prim and proper.  I'm sure there's more than a few Firefly fans here so Mal would be a good starting point for what to expect...lots of doing things just because I can and generally being a really really handsome heart-of-gold rogueish type.

Special thanks to the two lovely ladies who came over near the end...not sure if you're active on the forums and I'm terrible with names but chatting with you both was wonderful; please don't backstab me and I may return the favor!

Oh, and to ALL YOU NAYSAYERS (don't think I wasn't listening!): Ransom *is* in fact a real name and I used to work with one :P

Anyway, sorry my OOG posts to read badly.  My mind is often a mess and just works too fast for my body to keep up and for the most part I've given up trying to make my written thoughts easily digestible; it's just too much work!  Despite failing english class every single year in high school I actually do have a good grasp of the language and my IG posts will make sense :)  I also might as well apologize to everyone in advance because once I get comfortable in the IG setting and have a decently-built PC I will probably be causing a LOT of trouble :-*

Cheers!

Ransom

• rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
23 Oct 2011 20:01 #10 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Hi!
Don't worry, Rance. One day, you'll find someone to hold you.

Or hold something for you.

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds