NPC soon to PC!

• Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
20 Nov 2011 10:21 #1 by Keavy (Dani)
NPC soon to PC! was created by Keavy (Dani)
Hello! My name's Danielle. :)

I've attended Knight Realms twice now, both times NPCing, and have had a blast. I am in the process of preparing a character of my own. I have what race and profession I want to be, but the toughest part is coming up for a reason to arriving in Travance.

I have a back story that ties in with my boyfriend's character (who's PC'd for a few months now) and they will meet again IG but besides that, I don't know why else she'd come to Travance! And, while she's there, what she will do based on that decision. I guess I need more time to think it over haha.

Other than this, I'm a bit hesitant to post other details about my character since I'm still a little unfamiliar with the rules of the forum. I don't want to meta-game or anything.

I hope I can also get in touch with the lovely people I've met so far and meet their characters IG one day :)

Nice to meet you!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • nyle
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Nov 2011 12:22 #2 by nyle (nyle)
Replied by nyle (nyle) on topic NPC soon to PC!
yes its tough to keep stuff on the down low while on the forums. But just think all the things that you keep secret will surprise people in game!

Nyle McLaughlin Vassal of Pendarvin

OOG curt pantuso
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
20 Nov 2011 17:23 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic NPC soon to PC!

I have a back story that ties in with my boyfriend's character (who's PC'd for a few months now)

Wonder who that could be?  ;D

Way to finally make it to the forums.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
20 Nov 2011 17:26 #4 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic NPC soon to PC!
Hey Danielle!

Feel free to shoot me a PM.  I can help you come up with various scenarios that would ultimately bring you to Travance and we can see about which one you would like the best.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Chris

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
21 Nov 2011 14:36 #5 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic NPC soon to PC!
I had a tough time with a reason to stay in Travance too. My character was pretty much the opposite of heroic as I played her when I first brought her in, and Travance is ridiculously dangerous. She immediately decided that anyone who'd live in that place is a nut. Of course, now she's caught the crazy herself. I was lucky enough that she met people who are now like family to her as well as encountering some unique opportunities that just don't exist anywhere else.

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
21 Nov 2011 23:10 #6 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic NPC soon to PC!

I'm a bit hesitant to post other details about my character since I'm still a little unfamiliar with the rules of the forum. I don't want to meta-game or anything.

If you're unfamiliar on the rules regarding character background, it's best to just not post it.  Let honest reactions of people meeting you (or your character) for the first time play out.  If your character has some personal secrets, keep them as such.  It adds to the fun, I think.

Whether your character is a rogue or not, if you want to make sure private stuff remain private, keeping things close to the vest helps.  I find the tips listed in the link are applicable for most things.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
22 Nov 2011 13:25 #7 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic NPC soon to PC!

I'm a bit hesitant to post other details about my character since I'm still a little unfamiliar with the rules of the forum. I don't want to meta-game or anything.

If you're unfamiliar on the rules regarding character background, it's best to just not post it.  Let honest reactions of people meeting you (or your character) for the first time play out.  If your character has some personal secrets, keep them as such.  It adds to the fun, I think.

Whether your character is a rogue or not, if you want to make sure private stuff remain private, keeping things close to the vest helps.  I find the tips listed in the link are applicable for most things.

On the topic of "if you want it secret IG, keep it secret OOG", which is a common sore point at the game: extend the same courtesy to other players. If you ever find yourself in the position of NPCing (or otherwise being involved with) "rogue mod", "evil plot", or anything that some players may not necessarily want common knowledge, or if you maybe know out of game that your best friend frequently visits the Fence, dont talk about it. Don't bring it up idly in OOG conversation, don't excitedly recount in logistics to everyone who will listen how awesomely a PC carried out <insert illegal action> against you during your NPC shift, and an important one many people don't think of: dont post the details in your event highlights.

There is NOTHING as frustrating as being outed OOG with something that you were working carefully to keep hidden. Not only is every IG interaction now suspect for meta-gaming, but all the OOG trouble you put in keeping it from your friends gets blown to hell too.

Besides, wouldn't you have more fun being surprised by finding out IG that Lady Goodytwoshoes of the land of Tra La La is really an anti-paladin sith necromancer who is also a robot dinosaur?

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
22 Nov 2011 14:07 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic NPC soon to PC!

Besides, wouldn't you have more fun being surprised by finding out IG that Lady Goodytwoshoes of the land of Tra La La is really an anti-paladin sith necromancer who is also a robot dinosaur?

Do I sense a mod coming on?

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
22 Nov 2011 14:14 #9 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic NPC soon to PC!
Robot dinosaurs you say...? I am sensing a Londwyn steam powered Dragon/Thunderlizard automaton coming... Great, let's throw more ideas for things to stomp and grind us into a fine red paste at the plot marshals Jenna. :P

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
22 Nov 2011 14:49 #10 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic NPC soon to PC!
My favorite reason "Why Not"

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Nov 2011 16:09 #11 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Dinosaurs aren't allowed in KR... they can only appear once we have Cadillacs in-game.

There is NOTHING as frustrating as being outed OOG with something that you were working carefully to keep hidden. Not only is every IG interaction now suspect for meta-gaming, but all the OOG trouble you put in keeping it from your friends gets blown to hell too.

Like your gender-bending, confused, non-human races & the questions they bring up when it comes to using the bathroom.  ???

Vassal of Alisandria
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
23 Nov 2011 07:41 #12 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic NPC soon to PC!
I love how this thread went from "Hi, I'm new!" to gender-bending rogues and dinosaurs. XD

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Nov 2011 17:32 #13 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Yeah... we're experts in derailing topics.

Trying to get back here... welcome and just post questions when you have them in the Rules or Off Topic section.

Also, have fun reading all our old threads.  Not only funny, but many questions have been answered on them that people have brought up before.  Should be good reading.

Vassal of Alisandria
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
25 Nov 2011 19:44 #14 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic NPC soon to PC!

Thanks for outing me Jenna! :-P

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
25 Nov 2011 19:49 #15 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Re: Re: NPC soon to PC!

Thanks for outing me Jenna! :-P

It's only funny because it's TRUE.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Nov 2011 22:16 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic NPC soon to PC!
Something about glass houses and stones, or pots calling kettles black springs to mind, Rob.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
26 Nov 2011 11:51 #17 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Re: NPC soon to PC!
Hey, I outed myself for being an evil bastard.  Someone else just happened to prove I was treacherous beforehand.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.601 seconds