Hello! Finally back from across the sea.

23 Dec 2011 00:19 #1 by firstborne (firstborne)
Hello! Finally back from across the sea. was created by firstborne (firstborne)
Howdy!  My name is Patrick, and I recently moved back to Jersey.  My friend and I are looking to get into LARPing with you folks.

Any pointers?  Any Central Jersey folks want to meet for a beer and a chat about all this?  I'm new to all this, so I'd love to pick an experienced player's brain.

-Patrick
"The Rock!"
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
23 Dec 2011 02:23 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Hello! Finally back from across the sea.
Yo what up. Name's Conor, (aka Sylvan Ranger Caelvan Renaith) and while not a veteran player I'll help anyway I can. Nice to meet you. I'm in north jersey but if you have any questions you can PM me or just post here. Everyone I met enjoys helping people out, so I'm sure a  bunch of people will help you out and answer questions.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
23 Dec 2011 03:44 #3 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Hello! Finally back from across the sea.
Hello my name is Sean and like above Im not a vet player in fact I've only been to one KR event but can't wait for January. So after my first event things that I learned: If you play any or who shoots arrows make sure to get something so they are easy to find. (glow worms) Bring extra socks! It's a bit overwhelming nice and helpful everyone is. If you have any specific question feel free to pm me. I'll do my best to answer.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
23 Dec 2011 08:27 #4 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Hello! Finally back from across the sea.
Welcome Patrick!

What part of central Jersey are you from? How did you learn about Knight Realms? Where overseas did you come from?

Please feel free to ask any questions here as well, plenty of people will be happy to help out. ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
23 Dec 2011 14:09 #5 by firstborne (firstborne)
Replied by firstborne (firstborne) on topic Hello! Finally back from across the sea.
Thanks for the quick responses!

James, I live in the Old Bridge area; I recently moved back to the States after a few years in Italy.  I found out about Knight Realms via Google: "LARP" and "Jersey" pulled up a few hits, and you folks seem like the most put-together group in the area.

-Patrick
"The Rock!"
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
23 Dec 2011 16:28 #6 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Hello! Finally back from across the sea.
There's a great link called New Players!

In this forum section, you'll find a lot of intro's from new people & they all posted a number of questions.  Browse through those... they'll give you a lot of info.

When in doubt & if you still have questions, just post them in the Rules forum.  They'll get answered there as well.

If you wanna hear some old "war stories" & "first hand experiences", there are a ton of folks who'll share.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds