NPCing with special requirements

15 Feb 2012 14:08 #1 by fatherdaemos (fatherdaemos)
NPCing with special requirements was created by fatherdaemos (fatherdaemos)
Hey Guys, sorry to bounce a lot of stuff off you at once. But as some of you know I have a serious medical condition, which makes combat completely out (kidney failure) and want to see what we can work out for me to do. Brian Hess

Father Daemos Jord

OOC: Brian
"God, on high...hear my prayer, In my need you have always been there"
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
15 Feb 2012 14:18 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic NPCing with special requirements
Usually they will do a RP thing. Like they'll give you a commoner or something that is strictly RP, with no combat. (I.E. last event there were a group of uneducated farmers who got tricked into worshipping Glomm and it was RPed so we would learn about the Light Pantheon and be more educated about them)

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Feb 2012 16:53 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic NPCing with special requirements
Non-Combat Characters
This pasting from the rule book should help.

A Non-Combat Character must wear a green headband to signify his/her status. The character can still be attacked, but the attacker must not strike the player. Instead, the attack must approach to within melee striking range, or a reasonable missile range (approximately 20 feet for bows and crossbows, 10 feet for thrown weapons) and then call damage (or skills). Each strike that is called automatically lands. Note that these attacks cannot be rattled off rapid-fire, but must be delivered at a cadence that is reasonable to the type of attack being used. The Non-Combat player cannot hold weapons in his/her hands, but can wear them at his/her side. If the Non-Combat player is in contact with a weapon, he/she can call defensive skills that are dependent on having a weapon in-hand.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
15 Feb 2012 17:56 #4 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic NPCing with special requirements
I was the Dad farmer for that Mod. I am more than 69 years old. I cried and moaned and groaned and begged them to bring my son back to life.

We all had a blast (I think) But yes the Marshall running the module can certainly help you out

RP is what this is all about with some battle

We have a ton of fun here

This is my own comment from my own experience at KR and in no way is an opinion from the rule makers

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
15 Feb 2012 17:58 #5 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic NPCing with special requirements
Due to the forum issue, it was deleted.

Brian, the Monster Marshals will work 100% with you involving any medical needs to make sure that you can enjoy our events.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
15 Feb 2012 18:59 #6 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic NPCing with special requirements
Chris is absolutely correct, but let me add that I definitely recommend taking a day time shift (Saturday morning/afternoon), as these are the easiest times for any marshal to accomodate a non-combat player. Nights are usually a lot more combat, as well as harder for another player to see a green headband when you're NPCing, so its usually the best plan. If those slots are filled when you arrive, just let the marshal there know your situation and they will be happy to fit you in anyway.

Take care, and see you soon!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds