New Player here!

• Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
08 Mar 2012 23:59 #1 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
New Player here! was created by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Howdy, everyone!

So a couple of my friends up at SUNY Purchase talked me into coming to LARP this weekend at the last minute, and the more I'm looking into it, the more I'm looking forward to it! I've played D&D for a long while and no stranger to fantasy RPs, but this would be my first time LARPing.

For a PC, playing a barbarian druid is really appealing to me. I do have a few questions, though! Are there any big things I should know about either barbarians and/or druids before heading IG, and what kind of names do KR barbarians tend to have?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
09 Mar 2012 00:02 #2 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic New Player here!
Also, as a druid, am I required to follow a god like clerics and priests?

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
09 Mar 2012 00:15 - 09 Mar 2012 00:45 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New Player here!
Suggestions from the rule book:

DRUID:
Druids  are  the  guardians  of  the  forests  and  friends  to  all  its  inhabitants.  
Strongly  attuned  to  nature,   they  have  a  deep  understanding  of  the  balance  of  the  universe.
For  all  things  there  is  a  time  and   place;;  life  and  death,  birth  and  decay,  law  and  disorder  are  all intricate  aspects  of  the  world  we   inhabit.  This  ideology  gives  them  a  long  term  and  comprehensive perspective  of  life.  

BARBARIANS
Fierce  in  spirit  and  wary  of  many   modern  things,  they  bear  a  great  deal  of  animosity  for  the  foreign art  of  magic.
extremely  strong  willed  and  are  not   easily  swayed  once  they  have  made  up  their  minds. loud  and  boisterous  individuals.  
When  in  the  presence  of  less   hardy  races,  they  enjoy  roughing  them  up  as  if  they  were  younger  siblings.  
They  are  often  seen giving  advice  on  subjects  such  as  how  to  become  a  great  warrior  and  how  best  to  handle  the  opposite   sex.
typically  unaccustomed  to  civilized   life.  
if  they  realize   that  they  have  been  had,  Barbarians  will  stop  at  nothing  to  take  a  thief␣s  head.  
Concerning  war  and  survival, recognized  as  experts  and  will  make  for  good   allies  in  times  of  dire  need.  
extremely  confident  in  their  abilities  on  the  battlefield  and   often  wade  into  combat  heedless  of the  consequences.  
deeply  rooted  suspicions  about  magic  and  those  who  practice  it,  and  will  often  seek   to  kill  mages once  they  are  aware  of  them.  
Necromancy  and  Fire  magic  are  held  in  particular  disdain   by  Barbarian  society  and  it  will  usually take  some  cooler  heads  to  prevent  a  Barbarian  from  turning   violent  in  the  face  of  them.  

Just some suggestions in the descriptions. Not to say that these are required for Role Play, I have seen Barbarians who haven't followed a few of these RP guidelines, though most do.
Druids one is very protective of nature, thats one thing that can't be looked around. As to the Gods question, I want to say no because Druids follow a nature path and do not have any prayer spells, but nature spells/druidics

Other than that most of the stuff, such as tips on Role-Playing, KnightRealms in general, etc. can be found here:
www.knightrealms.com/new-players.html

As for names, can't help you there.....haven't played any, gonna have to wait for that answer.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 09 Mar 2012 00:45 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
09 Mar 2012 10:33 #4 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic New Player here!
There is no requirement to worship a god, but there is also nothing stopping you if you so desire for the character. They do however have a reverence for Arawyn, the world itself. As for names anything Nordic generally works.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
09 Mar 2012 13:57 #5 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic New Player here!
Hi Steven -

Not sure if you will get this in time, but my name is Kristen and I will be in Logistics Monster Marshalling the first NPC shift. I've been playing a Druid since my first event 10 years ago, so if you'd like any OOG roleplay tips or extra info (or help with your character in general) feel free to come chat with me either before hand (just ask around for me) or during the slow times between sending out NPCs on my shift.

Best of luck, and hope to see you soon!

Kristen

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds