Hello :)

22 Mar 2012 15:58 #1 by Jalysa Leva (wingedhamham)
Hello :) was created by Jalysa Leva (wingedhamham)
Hi everyone! :3

I've been wanting to LARP for who knows how long and have found myself utterly lost in finding a great community. You guys were recommended to me so I'm very curious what the events are like. I live in Atlanta atm, so coming up for an event will have to wait until summer, but so far I've been very interested in joining! I'd just like to know your personal opinions about the role-playing and combat. Is it more role-playing than boffer combat, or is it a good balance? I have a friend who would like to join as well, but he is more combat oriented while I'm into playing the character. Will Knight Realms be a good place to get both? Also, how big are the events? Is it a close-knit community that participates or is it a hundred people? Are there more quests vs raids/wars? How do the games usually play out?

Sorry for the millions of questions, but since I can't come up soon, my curiosity is absolutely killing me. I appreciate you guys being so nice to noobs like me.

Thanks!

Jalysa Leva
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
22 Mar 2012 16:05 #2 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Hello :)
Hello Jalysa! I'm happy to hear that we've been recommended to you. I hope that when you can make it to an event you find it to be a joyous time!

To answer a few of your questions. Knight Realms is a very well-balanced game in terms of Roleplay and Combat. Our events are often in the 100 - 150 area, sometimes more depending on the season, however we are a very close community and all of our players are very welcoming. Our events are very organic, and as such the story flows as the players make choices based on information obtained over the course of a weekend. There are plenty of modules that occur that are both small group and town based, it all depends on the weekend of play.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email or pm me. I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you come summer!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
22 Mar 2012 17:07 - 22 Mar 2012 17:08 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Hello :)
Hey Jalysa. Name's Conor, and I play a Sylvan Elf, if you come in the summer, I won't see you until at least the August event but I'm sure you'll have a blast.
.....and to add to Goley's post about the weekend, the weekends in my opinion are different everytime, no one event so far that I have been to have been the same. There is generally a main plot that all leads up to what we call "Main Mod" on Saturday night. However there are a whole lot of side mods that take place all throughout the weekend. There are a variety of new player mods. There are some which are Role-Playing based and some thats all combat. Knight Realms has an even balance in my opinion, and all the players are cool with each other out of game(In game too usually, but it depends on their character) and there are plenty of chances for your character to grow.....you might find yourself going where you didn't think of....

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 17:08 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
22 Mar 2012 21:51 #4 by Jalysa Leva (wingedhamham)
Replied by Jalysa Leva (wingedhamham) on topic Hello :)
Thanks so much for the quick replies! 100-150 was much more than I was expecting! It sounds really fun. I'll pm/email you guys for some more info.

Thanks again :)
Jalysa
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
22 Mar 2012 21:56 #5 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Hello :)
Anytime! Looking forward to hearing from you!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
23 Mar 2012 15:43 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Hello :)
Same here, I'll try to answer any questions you have, if you PM me, though if I can't I'll point you to someone who can

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds