Heyho and Greetings

• Alex W.
  • Thank Yous: 0
07 Jul 2012 16:54 - 07 Jul 2012 16:57 #1 by Alex W. (Morielen)
Heyho and Greetings was created by Alex W. (Morielen)
To start off, I'll introduce myself.

I go by the initials of A.M.W. (Alex will do, though I still twitch at the mention of my real name =D) and am more commonly found (and named) by Morielen (or Mori in short). I live in Europe (Switzerland, so be specific; though I am a US citizen *points at passport*) and have a deep interest in Larp and larp-theory, partially because I love games, roleplay and ultimately, larp, and partially because I will in the future have a part-time job as GM for games directed at schools and other public services. I ended up here during my research in to larp in general (by reading Lizzie Stark's "Leaving Mundania", really, though I had heard of Knight Realms before), and I really, really would like to see how my hobby's done in the US. I have read on different systems, but this one (KR) seems closest to the german-speaking larps I am used to, and thus the type of game I am most willing to try and think I might enjoy most.

Now this is all just tons of theory yada yada, to boil it down, you guys look cool, I'd like to see if you really ARE as cool as you look (I doubt it not! But looks ain't everything =) ) and would like to just have a helluva great fun time whilst looking in to 'how others do it' in terms of larping.
And stories. I utterly love making and experiencing stories!

So... whilst I lack the finances and time to participate in the next event or two, I might start looking in to (cheap) flights to take a peek at you KR'ers... and join in the fray.

Cheers from Switzerland! Hope to meet all (some) of you sometime in the near(ish) future!

PS. I might also add that I am in my mid-twenties and female.. just for the record XD

- Alex W. (though ever preferring "Mori")
Last edit: 07 Jul 2012 16:57 by Alex W. (Morielen). Reason: forgot to mention...
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
07 Jul 2012 17:12 #2 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Hey, glad you heard about us crazy people. Hope to be able to meet you at some point.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
07 Jul 2012 17:19 #3 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Hi!

I hope you can make it over sometime to play, we'd love to meet you!

Kelly

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
07 Jul 2012 17:22 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Hey. Can't wait for you to come and join us.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Jul 2012 19:21 #5 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Welcome aboard. Hope you like what you've seen, read, & heard. If you do show up, you'll be our player who comes the 2nd longest distance to game. We have a player from Australia who beats you out for distance/travel time. ;) It's still a very kind compliment when players such as yourself & our Aussie make such a trek to visit us.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
07 Jul 2012 21:19 #6 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Hey Welcome to the site. I hope that we do get to meet you someday, I'd be interested to hear how other countries are doing this, especially Germany. I'm sure you'll have a great time, just keep checking those flights, you'll make it here one way or another.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
08 Jul 2012 01:31 #7 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Heyho and Greetings
I'd like to echo the sentiment of all the other people to welcome you and add that I'm really pleased you're looking at Knightrealms as a proving ground for your "larp theory". It's my sincerest wish that your able to make it down to this side of the world and participate in our little group, you won't be sorry, at the very least you'll meet a great bunch of people which IMO is what makes the game so awesome...
Hope to see you soon...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
08 Jul 2012 10:13 #8 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Hello and welcome!

It's almost crazy to think that KR has reached to places far across the globe! I hope we can meet one day to larp and swap cultures! :)

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Alex W.
  • Thank Yous: 0
12 Jul 2012 19:07 #9 by Alex W. (Morielen)
Replied by Alex W. (Morielen) on topic Heyho and Greetings
Thank you all for your welcomes.

I've checked in to flights (and my finances) and believe that it might be possible for me to attend the December event (maybe) or the January event (after christmas and new year's event making my money disappear)
If I happen to win the lottery or something, of course, earlier =)
Plus, I looked in to other trivialities (special luggage such as inruments, etc. pp.) and believe I'd be pretty much set once I get the necessary funds together...

Sorry about the snobbish english there o_O I think I've done too much poetry lately and am lacking sleep...

- Alex W. (though ever preferring "Mori")
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds