New player in the works i guess...maybe

20 Jul 2012 16:41 - 20 Jul 2012 16:53 #1 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
New player in the works i guess...maybe was created by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
Greetings and salutations! anyway i found out about this group from a book in the library, and it sounded interesting! I am an advid RPer..especially in D&D! Have been for quite some time!

Anyway, i am from ohio so here is to hoping that i might be able to join this merry band soon! Although to tell the truth that will of course depend on how far away your guys site is compared to cincinnati lol!

I do have some questions, some inquiries as it were to beg answers about though. In everything i have read on this site, there is the mentions of personal cabins. This matter actually is confusing me cause i picture cabins from my camp days..with numerous other people sleeping in there as well. Yet then i look at some of the reading i have done, not to mention pictures as well, and i come to think of them as actual personal cabins/rooms.

My characters name is to be Montegue Brigums if i do decide on this however!

OOG Mike S.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2012 16:53 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums). Reason: clarification
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
21 Jul 2012 01:51 #2 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Hi and welcome to Knight Realms,
I played D&D back in the day as well... We have players come from all over so you might run into a neighbor...
I actually help in the kitchen and with new players; so in game you might keep me in game...
There are cabins that specific people are responsible to having them built but for the most part are available to every one as supplies last.. For in game reasons; (such as in the case some might be sworn to a Lord and are staying in their manor) some of the Cabins post sleeping arrangements before hand.

I hope I've helped and with any luch we'll see you soon...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 Jul 2012 11:44 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Hey whats up. Name's Conor and can't wait to see you In and Out of game

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
21 Jul 2012 13:10 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Regarding cabins:

A few years ago, we used to rent campsites from the Scouts or State Parklands for the game, and some of the sites had a lot of cabins on them - a few big lodges, surrounded by 8 smaller 2 or 4 bed cabins each (meaning there were 40+ cabins on some sites). People would commonly stay in a small cabin, decorate it, and then defend it In-Game with traps, spells, etc.

About two years ago, Knight Realms bought Camp Sacajawea, so we now have our own land. At the moment, there aren't a lot of cabins on it other than a handful of main buildings, but we're in the process of building out the area with a handful of smaller, non-permanent cabins (since they don't require a building permit, and / or a foundation to build). Those also qualify for the same rules as the cabins from the old site.

The site has plenty of tent platforms as well, with large tents on them - those count as Cabins, too. :-)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Jul 2012 13:10 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Also, which book did you read about us in?

Steward of Elvalion
21 Jul 2012 14:30 #6 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
Replied by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
To tell the truth i do not remember the name of the book of hand, and it is in the car right now lol..I DO however remember that she played a character named Portia i believe, and and started a paper named the chronicle i think it was. As for my question about the cabin, thank you for the clarification on that!

OOG Mike S.
21 Jul 2012 14:34 #7 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
Replied by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Ha! you were named in it as a matter of fact! The story dealt with a hooka tent (i think thats how it is spelled), and a theological conversation. Some of the stories from the herald were hilarious as well! the one about the bandits that dress up their victims in dresses had me laughing loads! All i kept picturing was this random guy in a dress singing "I feel pretty"..lol!

OOG Mike S.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Jul 2012 16:58 #8 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Ah, you're thinking of Leaving Mundania, by Lizzie Stark. Good to know!

Steward of Elvalion
23 Jul 2012 15:19 #9 by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff)
Replied by Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian (WafflesMcDuff) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Hope to see you at event, although I must admit I'd be rather surprised. Our camp in Lafayette, NJ is approximate 630 miles from Cincinatti, OH (11 hours drive at least).

Warmest Regards,

Clyde MacIntosh Arkanian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: Josh Goldberg
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. --Douglas Adams
24 Jul 2012 14:06 #10 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
yes, i know! That has crossed my mind as well! To tell the truth, I wish something like you guys were around here or at least closer lol!

OOG Mike S.
24 Jul 2012 18:38 #11 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
But as it stands..either way I am at the very least going to come see you guys once to check you out! 11 hours isnt that bad in the scheme of things lol! besides I am a RP freak!

OOG Mike S.
  • BalindorIN
  • Thank Yous: 13
25 Jul 2012 00:02 #12 by BalindorIN (BalindorIN)
Replied by BalindorIN (BalindorIN) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Some of us drive 13-14 hours to get there from the Chicago/Northern indiana area. it's worth the drive believe me.

Pelinderian,

OOG: Jeff Mininger
25 Jul 2012 02:15 #13 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
Some of us fly 1/20th the distance of the earth to the moon to be at knight realms. I live in Australia, literally the other side of the world from you guys, and I'll be visiting in August.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
25 Jul 2012 09:19 #14 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
ok, now Brunner is a serious gamer!! but how often do you really get to play knight realms though? The game must seriously be pretty good for you to travel THAT far!

Balindor, Well at least i am not the only one from around here that will be going to this lol. Wont be able to make it this month as i found out about you guys too late to get my stuff together for this weekend. But the plan is for showing up at the august one!

OOG Mike S.
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
25 Jul 2012 13:15 #15 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic New player in the works i guess...maybe
You can NPC for the event and get some points toward a character if you were interested. I know the staff was looking for anyone who could NPC for the weekend plot. :)

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
25 Jul 2012 18:13 #16 by Montegue Brigums (MontegueBrigums)
unfortunately i wont be coming to this weekends event. Although i am planning on coming to augusts event! but i might check into the whole NPCing that weekend!

OOG Mike S.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.685 seconds