Larping in teh snow

31 Aug 2012 22:50 #1 by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
Larping in teh snow was created by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
Yes I know I have already asked many questions (I am truly greatful to you all for answering) but I have (at least) one more. Will using a latex weapon in the snow, rain, extreme heat render it useless? I searched for hrs trying to find oppinions on google so I wouldnt have to bother you guys, but cam up with nothin. Sorry to waste your guys' time. For future questions I will most definatly have, is there a better place to post them than on the new player forum, or am I fine the way I am?

Sorry to bother you.

Horace Aemains
(Kramer Kwalick)
OOG-Kramer K
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
31 Aug 2012 22:55 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Larping in teh snow
No, it will not in my experience. Boffers can (and often do) get waterlogged and then if they freeze cause a problem, but not latex. As to where to post, an appropriate Marshal will answer your question.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
31 Aug 2012 22:56 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Larping in teh snow
Speaking from experience, if you use your weapon in the rain or snow, dry it off at the first opportunity. As far as the heat goes, NEVER leave it in a car when it's warm out, or you will come back to a weapon stuck to your back seat. Using it in 90 degree weather on the other hand has no visual effect if the weapon si constructed properly. Most of the big name places such as Forgotten Dreams, Windlass, Palnatoke, Eldritch, etc have no problems. Also, silicon spray is your best friend. This keeps the weapon's protective coating fresh and makes your weapon last longer. I have an Iron liege weapon that is going on it's 5th year, and just had my Palnatoke weapon re-latexed again after 4 years of use. Granted, yes, it was re-latexed once before that, but that was because I left in the back of a car...

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
31 Aug 2012 23:30 #4 by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
Replied by Horace Aemains (Kromulus) on topic Larping in teh snow
So generally, if a company has a legit looking website like windlass and epic armoury, i can trust them to have quality weapons?

Horace Aemains
(Kramer Kwalick)
OOG-Kramer K
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
01 Sep 2012 09:08 #5 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Larping in teh snow
Bear in mind that those are just the manufacturers, not distributors. I highly recommend purchasing from LARPexchange if you can. Sean has a great selection of high quality weapons, plus he is a regular player at KR. You can usually find him at market fair, and setup prior to the event. Plus it gives you the opportunity to pick up and hold the weapon, making sure its right for you.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris G. (Cross)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds