A new player with questions about being a rogue

• Dan
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Oct 2012 16:43 #1 by Dan (danman98)
A new player with questions about being a rogue was created by Dan (danman98)
Hello. I have heard about you from my friends and am planning on attending the November Event. I have spent a good bit of time(lost track :P) reading through the basic rulebook, but i am still not clear about certain things and abilities rogues have.(Picklock, Pickpocket, Escape, Disguise). How do I do those skills? If i have the build point, and spend the required amount of time RP'ing the action, do i simply say i am disguised, or that the lock is picked? If i say i escape out of a window, do i then simply walk out the front door? Also, how do i tell a persons level? i am very excited about coming this november :D
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
20 Oct 2012 17:00 #2 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
Hello Dan,

To answer your questions.

1) Picklocks - Yes, you RP the amount of time and so long as you have used the sufficient skill, the lock is pocked.

2) Pockpocket - You would require a Rules Marshal (there are plenty and many will be introduced to you) to oversee this. You take a black clothespin and clip it within the parameters of the pouch or pocket you wish to steal from, and then a Rules Marshal will handle the rest.

3) Escape - Yes, you Roleplay the amount of time needed for the skill, and then you go out of game and quickly move to the area in which you would appear in-game, then return in game.

4) Disguise - No, this skill requires you to change your costume.

5) There are no ways to look at someone or something to determine it's level, however Psions have a skill in which they can try to do so.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan (danman98)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
20 Oct 2012 17:06 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
However to determine your level it is the total build you have (unspent and spent combined) divided by 10 rounded down. So a person with 39 build is level 3 (39 divided by 10 rounded down)

Also what's up. My names conor and I help with player cards any other questions shoot me a pm(you don't want EVERYONE knowing your secrets right?)

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan (danman98)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
22 Oct 2012 13:35 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
There's a section in the rulebook about playing rogues or doing"roguish" things. I highly recommend it.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
22 Oct 2012 13:44 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
And when in doubt....get a marshal

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams)
22 Oct 2012 20:06 #6 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue

DMVanHart wrote: Or you could point them to people who play rogues *hint*. I am always available to answer questions and to give a few pointers

Tip #1: If you can avoid it, don't mention OOG that you're a rogue.

(If you want to keep a secret in-game, keep it secret out of game)

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
22 Oct 2012 20:55 #7 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
Before talking to anyone about playing a Rogue or otherwise Character of Ill Repute, take a look at this handy guide:
www.knightrealms.com/playing-tips/169-pl...uccessful-rogue.html

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
22 Oct 2012 21:25 #8 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic A new player with questions about being a rogue
From a role-play perspective too, its really good to learn about that type of stuff in game. Every person does things a little differently, so one persons pointers might be another person's no-noes. Don't worry too much about it, its meant to be fun and most people learn about their lists and skills IG. Have fun with it and listen to the rules calls from the Rules Marshals first and foremost.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds