Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.

• Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
22 Oct 2012 22:50 #1 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Greetings! I'm a prospective new player. was created by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Hello,
My name is Jeremiah. I have recently looked into getting into LARPING, and stumbled across your organization. I am excited to come out and dive right in, however due to school and financial reasons I probably won't be able to make an appearance til march. I'm interested in creating a character, however I'm going to take the advice listed here and NPC my first couple events to get a feel for it, and acquire a decent amount of starting build to invest in my character, while I'm saving up money OOG for weapons and armor. Between now and then I have more than enough time to become acquainted with the rules and come up with a more specific idea for my PC. (Looking at a Barbarian Warrior at the moment). I have read over the rules book in a general way, and have reread key portions to absorb those portions better, and was wondering something about expendable skills (periodic, or event). For example: if I spend the build to purchase the skill attack, and use it during each period of the event, do I have to spend another 2 build at the next event to get that skill, or will it renew every period of every event?
Thank you.
-Jeremiah V.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams)
  • Jorik
  • Thank Yous: 45
22 Oct 2012 22:53 #2 by Jorik (rjvanscoten)
Replied by Jorik (rjvanscoten) on topic Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.
* I meant to say purchase the skill critical attack.
-Jeremiah V.

Jorik Wulfsbane
Man of the North
Private of the Baronial Guard
Vassal to Pendarvin
OOG: Jeremiah V.
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
22 Oct 2012 23:05 #3 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.
Most skills you use will refresh between periods. So if you use the critical attack and then the next period comes around you can use the skill again. And no you dont need to buy the skill again to use it but you can reteach it to yourself if you want to be able to use it more times between periods. If you have anymore questions you can ask myself or just simply put your question on the forums and somebody will answer you.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
23 Oct 2012 00:21 #4 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.
Hello Jeremiah,

Any skills purchased are on your card for the long haul. A Skill that is Periodic will be refreshed every period change whereas a skill that is Event-Based is only usable once during the duration of the weekend. Each event these skills will replenish. I hope this helps! Feel free to PM or post with any further questions.

Thanks!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
23 Oct 2012 00:55 #5 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.
Also, much love for lurking and researching before your first post-ghu knows I'm still lurking and reading and re-reading before I jump into my first game! can't be done with all games, but that's what NPCing is for! ;) I'l probably start NPCing around December's game (in late November) and likely still be NPCing when you arrive! I hope to meet you as careful RPers are often quick friends for me!

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
23 Oct 2012 02:39 - 23 Oct 2012 02:39 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Greetings! I'm a prospective new player.

Jeremiah wrote: ......acquire a decent amount of starting build to invest in my character, .

Just remember(for your planning purposes) regardless how much build you have, you can only put 13 in for character creation. That being said the build you earn beyond that you apply to your build count for learning skills your first event

Also Hi name's conor and I'll probably be helping you with writing your player card

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 23 Oct 2012 02:39 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds